Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, October 28, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

Comments

• Y'all said before that every class can use every weapon. Can you tell us what kinds of things you're doing to make every weapon type potentially viable for every class?

For instance, how different will using a halberd vs. a staff/wand be for a fighter/mage compared to a mage/fighter?

Thank you.
  • Will Ashes of creation have PVE servers? I feel like having only forced pvp will ruin the game since most mmo players dont like pvp.
  • In regards to open PVP, I was wondwering if there will be NPCs that kill grievers in starting zones?
    Will there be sanctuaries in the world where PVP is disabled? Is this possibly a building a popluation can construct in a city to make it a sanctuary? This sanctuary could possibly still allow pvp, but have NPCs or buffs to prevent grievers. Could heavier bounties could be applied if one kills people within the bounds of the sanctuary?
  • Where can I post my art for live streams? so that they are showcased?
  • Will players be able to live alone in the wilderness, without any loyalty to a single node?
  • OsFurOsFur Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2022
    𝐎𝐬𝐬𝐚 𝐭𝐮𝐚 𝐬𝐮𝐛 𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐛𝐮𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭
  • BrosongBrosong Member
    edited October 2022
    Greetings from switzerland. I really enjoyed the option in wow to enter first person view to enjoy a sight or just to sit in a city and i find it incredibly immersive. I hope you consider to implement it or was it added with Unreal engine 5 already?
  • KorshalKorshal Member
    edited October 2022
    Can we upgrade nodes in the Underrealm so that a city or even metropolis can be made completely underground? Is there a tulnar aesthetic like there is an Aelan, Dünzenkell, Kaivek, and Pyrian aesthetic for node settlements?
  • I usually am an all around gatherer and crafter. Is there a way that I can do every profession? Are alt characters a thing and will I be able to juggle gathering and crafting at high tiers between them.
  • Will there be aquatic group mounts?
  • I know it's a bit early but any chance that steven leak some work in progress from your UI design team and their thoughts for ashes?
    I am really curious about this topic and how dynamic it will be because most mmorpg's in the past had a terrible UI.
  • Question about animal husbandry.
    Is animal husbandry going to be based on a pre scripted recipe to create a certain mount, or is the system going to be based on some sort of AI (ANI) to generate a random looking mount?
    So a player wouldn't get the same looking mount every time he would breed the same creatures over and over again... I don't know if something like this is even possible, so i need to ask xD
    x2i66qpsxhoo.png
    Drinking refreshing snowflakes tears
  • Could you tell us more about how the different classes will work? Like if I’m a shadowcaster how would having mage and assassin work into it, would I get half skills of both or different skills all together?
  • Will we see a diverse range of healer aesthetics such as water benders and time magic or will they all wield the same holy-golden light?
    The crows seemed to becalling his name, thought Caw.
    - Deep thoughts by Jack Handey
  • NovacediaNovacedia Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    On the topic of alt characters, has there been any consideration on being able to interact with them while on a main character? For example, when not on an alt, have them appear as an NPC in player houses, or being able to interact with them in meaningful or non meaningful way? I.E. sending them on menial tasks that affect their progression or otherwise.
  • Can abilities such as the Ranger ability Airstrike be used to navigate terrain; either for climbing cliffs that are otherwise too high, or for descending into chasms mitigating fall damage?
  • StreviStrevi Member
    edited October 2022
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • minozeminoze Member
    edited October 2022
    What are yall's thoughts about having an item, that you can buy with gold, that shields a PvE/Gatherer person from pvp for a short time? expensive enough that it's not taken by everyone every time they leave town, but not too expensive. An item that is just there if someone absolutely doesn't want to pvp. Since there is talk about how bad always on pvp is. I don't want split pvp and pve servers, as i feel that would ruin the heart of the game, and this is my nonprofessional idea on the matter.
  • MyosotysMyosotys Member
    edited October 2022
    Question about loots and drop rates

What is your vision of loots and drop rates on standard mobs (except boss) ? Are you going to focus on pure luck with identical items dropped by various mobs around the world? Or rather on items dropped by specific mobs in specific areas ?

In the second case, the luck could be forced. Assuming that a rare item is dropped by mob X in an area Y at 0.01%, I could get the item I'm looking for by farming 10 000 of these mobs.

The idea is to give consistency to the game experience and a strategic aspect of certain areas.
  • Could multiple spellcasters in a group join together to make one massive spell that could, for example, change the weather in the immediate area for a certain amount of time?
  • Where can I post my art for live streams? so that they are showcased?

Posts from the Community Creation forum are sometimes taken for that!

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/categories/aoc-community-creations

Look forward to seeing the art! :)
  • Will you announce the launch date of the Alpha 2 during this livestream? Or at least could you announce the date you will announce the Alpha 2 ? :p
  • GoalidGoalid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will killing a player's mount / battle pet / beast of burden give corruption?
    bRVL6TR.png

• AruganArugan Member, Alpha One
    During a Caravan, if you choose to battle in it? Can others flag and fight you and after the battle for the caravan do you have a moment of grace to heal up and recoup?
  • minoze wrote: »
    What are yall's thoughts about having an item, that you can buy with gold, that shields a PvE/Gatherer person from pvp for a short time? expensive enough that it's not taken by everyone every time they leave town, but not too expensive. An item that is just there if someone absolutely doesn't want to pvp. Since there is talk about how bad always on pvp is. I don't want split pvp and pve servers, as i feel that would ruin the heart of the game, and this is my nonprofessional idea on the matter.

I really like the pvp system because in theory it works really well to deter many things. However, since i havent played many mmos, i dont know how the community aspect would come together for this in reality. However I would like a way to be able to do certain things without having to worry about dying. for example, if the item in this comment was real, it would be useful to go from the homestead to the nearby (within the same territory or area) node. That way, if i need to trade something/craft something or whatever I am not necessarily putting myself at risk just for walking.

This also being said, I am curious to how this game will develop more RP things due to the always on pvp. I think the best thing to put me at ease, would to be clearly defining what pvp and pve areas are and how they work with the environment around them. However, that might still be in the works - but still something id like to see at some point!
  • netrimosnetrimos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Could the area an Item is crafted influence its quality? For example, a node may have volcanic activity, which might allow for volcanic forges.
  • SynkilSynkil Member
    edited October 2022
    Since world pvp has been a huge topic lately, will there be any prison for corrupted players defeated by bounty hunters or something like that? A prison like Alcatraz would fit well
  • TeltheKeeperTeltheKeeper Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will we be able to freely use the models of our own characters for out of game purposes? like exporting them to Make our own Statues and\ or to use as a Avatar in another game?
  • Will crafting output vary based on quality of materials sourced (Think Star Wars Galaxies)? This really allowed for crafters to stand out if they chose to source those high stat materials.
  • Steven, could you please explain your corruption system ?
    There are so many grey areas that it is hard to believe that this system will work. The many possible exploits suggest that this system will not satisfy either PVE or PVP players.