Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, October 28, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

Comments

• If I don't like tanks but I like tanks, will I be able to tank without playing a tank?
  • some mmo like dual universe ( novaquarq ) release their game on a single server a technology that I don't know allows them to merge permanently several servers making the game really multiplayer without any limit nor contraint of merging
    why don't you consider the single shard system for ashes of creation ?
  • When we gonna have AoC merch? Like hoodies and stuff
  • ChangeMe6587452ChangeMe6587452 Member, Explorer, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Can you go more in depth about the racial augment system? What stat bonuses will each race get?
  • JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What games other than Archeage did Steven like the economy of?
    🔦🔱⚔️Selling pro pain and pro pain accessories. ⚔️🔱🔦
  • danzodanzo Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Let's say you're fighting a mob and you use an aoe damage/dot skill and another player is close by or runs through it when the skill is activated. Will that cause you as the caster to become flagged for pvp? Or are their safeguards to provent that? Especially, since a majority of the dungeona are not instanced.
  • AsgermonAsgermon Member
    edited October 2022
    With risk vs. reward as a central design element: will there be better materials, items, resources, etc. in areas with auto-flagged PvP (open sea, node ruins) than in normal open world PvP areas?
    Questions? all available info about AoC can be found here:
    AoC Wiki
    tech support
    FAQ Channel AoC Discord
    AoC Support&FAQ Forum
    USE THE FORUM SEARCH BAR ;)

no answer found? ask here:
    Ask a Question
  • I have seen so much content about the issues of griefing and how AoC will struggle with people leashing mobs to kill other players in dungeons, working the system to avoid corruption, etc. How is Intrepid working to stop others from griefing?
  • AikaAika Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2022
    How would you incentivize people turning on to be combatant in the open world?
    The way the system is now, if I want to gather rare or high tier resources or farm rare monsters, I have no incentive on being purple, I can stay green and the attacker would take a huge risk in attacking me that is turning him corrupt, being chased by green and purple players alike, more xp debt and not even being able to make it back to the city safely to deposit the loot and in case he succeeds, he then have to deal with removing the corruption. This makes it not worth for them to attack me as a green and is a waaaaay higher risk for them than it is for me to simply having less xp debt or preserving more resources in case of death. I would be actually doing them a favor in turning purple if they attack me.
  • SzoloSzolo Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2022
    Will crafted gear/consumable have a fixed magnitude of effect regardless of the crafter's skill? Will crafting minigames effect the amount of crafted item, or it will possibly give a predetermined "superior" affix and bonus to the item, or the minigame will offer the chance of a wide variety of bonuses depending on the level the minigame gets completed?
    You ride that fine line of like everyone is about to die and you shall keep on casting, keep going, it's awesome. That's the best part of healing.
  • BillzbubBillzbub Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Many guilds have players that play all the time and players that play only a couple of days a week. Since gear will not usually be bound to characters or accounts, will it be easy for infrequent players to keep up with their more frequent guild mates if their guild mates give them gear?
    How much more effective will a group of players be if they use formation skills and tactics than a group of players that can't seem to pull it off? In other words, how powerful are the formation skills intended to be? Are we going to have to have combat formation practice nights?
    Will there be a class with a raid leader type of skill tree that specializes in abilities that give the player more information during a raid fight (like more advanced notice of scripted attacks) and provide tools to command players in the raid (tagging bosses and locations, drawing arrows on maps, etc)? Sometimes it is a pain in the butt to effectively fill a role like healer, tank, or DPS while also trying to watch everyone's health and positioning and managing complicated script fights, so having a commander skill tree might be cool.
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Nice and Easy Question:

Who can heal or buff reds; greens, purples or only other reds?
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • YeeldarbYeeldarb Member
    edited October 2022
    Will player made contracts be in the game? Examples being could I get a contract made that would obligate another player to deliver goods to XYZ in an allotted time? Or contract a player for security during a caravan trip?
  • TrobTrob Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Can you talk more about the Rock Paper Scissors philosophy. I'm curious how "gear scores" or item level or even character level will impact this system. Will a level 10 Scissor with item level 150 score have an advantage against a level 15 Paper with item level 200 score or is the open world PvP nature of the game not so balanced to this level.
    Trob
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited October 2022
    minoze wrote: »
    What are yall's thoughts about having an item, that you can buy with gold, that shields a PvE/Gatherer person from pvp for a short time? expensive enough that it's not taken by everyone every time they leave town, but not too expensive. An item that is just there if someone absolutely doesn't want to pvp. Since there is talk about how bad always on pvp is. I don't want split pvp and pve servers, as i feel that would ruin the heart of the game, and this is my nonprofessional idea on the matter.

Who told you that pvp is optional on this game, and why would such a design be implemented so that everybody that wants to create wealth can spend an amount for such an item and then proceed to become wealthy, uninterupted, contrary to the games philosophy?
    Aika wrote: »
    How would you incentivize people turning on to be combatant in the open world?
    The way the system is now, if I want to gather rare or high tier resources or farm rare monsters, I have no incentive on being purple, I can stay green and the attacker would take a huge risk in attacking me that is turning him corrupt, being chased by green and purple players alike, more xp debt and not even being able to make it back to the city safely to deposit the loot and in case he succeeds, he then have to deal with removing the corruption. This makes it not worth for them to attack me as a green and is a waaaaay higher risk for them than it is for me to simply having less xp debt or preserving more resources in case of death. I would be actually doing them a favor in turning purple if they attack me.

If you are in the way of an organized group of players (no mattee how small or large that group is), and your presense, hinters their xp/farming per hour, one of them might kill you to remove you from the area.

The nearby players might be happy that one less person is taking up mobs or gatherable nodes. Or they might choose to kill the red player. Either way you are gone and somebody found a reason to pk you.

Somebody might plainly just not like you. That person will kill you, even if you dont want to fight back.

There are no mechanical insentives for PKing. It's not a gameplay system. There are logical or emotional reasons. Free, human interactions.
    edited October 2022
    Jahlon wrote: »
    Nice and Easy Question:

Who can heal or buff reds; greens, purples or only other reds?

Anybody who buffs/heals a red turns purple, even if they were green. A red buffing/healing a red is still red.
    That's how it is in L2 and it wouldnt make sense to change it.

A group can protect their red player against nearby players.
    The healer/buffer who protects the red will turn purple. Nearby players may choose to kill the healer/buffer to take down the group and get to the red. They hitting a purple healer/buffer turn purple as well.
    The red can attack them WITHOUT any extra corruption if he kills them.

Ultimately this leads to pvp. It's up to the nearby players to react to the presense of a red player.
  • CastaiCastai Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The upcoming MMO Star Citizen recently surpassed ten years in development and half-a-billion dollars invested and crowd sourced, yet is still only in alpha. Many criticize its failure to be launched in a reasonable amount of time with that much money.

With Ashes being in development for over five years now and with however much money raised so far, what are your thoughts and concerns about potentially not having a release date for several more years?
    youtube.com/watch?v=I_LhGxdKBNQ&t=5210s youtube.com/watch?v=nOd9PV6jcqU&t=4668s
    youtube.com/watch?v=gFYd9TJiRDQ&t=4209s youtube.com/watch?v=TpBSGYWxd38&t=4969s
    youtube.com/watch?v=RetA3thzdiM&t=5100s
  • TyranthraxusTyranthraxus Member
    edited October 2022
    Castai wrote: »
    The upcoming MMO Star Citizen recently surpassed ten years in development and half-a-billion dollars invested and crowd sourced, yet is still only in alpha. Many criticize its failure to be launched in a reasonable amount of time with that much money.

With Ashes being in development for over five years now and with however much money raised so far, what are your thoughts and concerns about potentially not having a release date for several more years?

*IF* anyone from Intrepid responds to your thread, I very much hope it reads like this:

"Thank you for your support.

It'll be done when we feel that it's BOTH done and ready for market."

Anything less will feel less-than-satisfactory.

• prenexprenex Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Lore is extremely important for me to be invested in an MMO. In what ways can we expect lore to be introduced to the players in-game aside from questing?
  • CastaiCastai Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    *IF* anyone from Intrepid responds to your thread, I very much hope it reads like this:

"Thank you for your support.

It'll be done when we feel that it's BOTH done and ready for market."

Anything less will feel less-than-satisfactory.

My impression is that not many people are getting tired of waiting or antsy for the release. I think Steven is very thoughtful and circumspect about not only his game, but the current MMO scene and game development in general, so I am more curious how something like the project Star Citizen, which may end up being vaporware, weighs on aspects of this development.

And yeah, I would be satisfied with reading, "It is done when it is done." too.
    youtube.com/watch?v=I_LhGxdKBNQ&t=5210s youtube.com/watch?v=nOd9PV6jcqU&t=4668s
    youtube.com/watch?v=gFYd9TJiRDQ&t=4209s youtube.com/watch?v=TpBSGYWxd38&t=4969s
    youtube.com/watch?v=RetA3thzdiM&t=5100s
  • How will master/legendary artisans(master crafter, master gather, master processer) affect the gaming community as a whole? How will they affect certain nodes and regions?
  • arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited October 2022
    A while back i asked about "whether intrepid considers a spot test around combat, before the A2", the answer was "yes, but no dates". With the recent infos from the AMA there seems to be a lot of movement towards spot test.

So my question is: is there any update on a combat spot test, what is it gonna look like?
  • Can you give us information about both/or
    1. Military node superpower?
    2. Divine node superpower?
    Or
    When I use an action combat ability on my target instead of hard lock (tab target), will my target be forced to mitigate his/her damage by rolling and active blocking or will it use his/her waterfall stats and apply the mitigation automatically?
    S3gcPiA.jpg
  • How feasible will it be to level solely by gathering/processing/crafting vs normal leveling progression routes?
  • Hello!

Going over the Corruption Penalties, it has been stated that:
    The more skill and stat dampening applies (lower health and mana, lower gear proficiency), until the corrupt player ultimately becomes ineffective at combat.This dampening only affects PvP combat.

Can you confirm if Auto-Attacks be affected? Will there damage be reduced as well? These are not skill based.
    I am asking to see if there might be a possibility where an Auto-Attack Build could work to circumvent the systems that are in place to reduce our efficacy in PVP (Classes like: Rogues, Warriors and even Rangers).

The odds might be against us, but a gamble as an underdog is always welcome and more rewarding (Specially when there are Aces up our sleeves).

Maybe a Potion, Elixir, Scroll and/or other consumables could help level the playing field as well?

Running around berserk choppin folks up would be something ... lol

P.S. Steven, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar diluted in high quality water could help with that recurring throat issue!

Be well all!
  • NyxxaNyxxa Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will Secondary Archetypes have separate levels from your chosen Primary Archetype and other Secondary Archetypes you can change to?
    StagAxiomSigCleaned.png
  • How can we inspire the modern player base to muster the courage to play Ashes of Creation as intended?