Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Defeat a boss and ride it for a week

Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
edited November 2022 in General Discussion
Let's have bosses that we can defeat and it would have 100% drop rate for the mount, but item that summons the mount will turn into ashes in 7 days. (very Ashes of Creation themed)

People defeat the boss and then it will drop one item only for summoning it's mount:
  • the item will disapear in 7 days counting from when the boss was defeated
  • the item is tradable
  • the item has 100% drop rate, if the player gets killed the item will drop
  • the server will have only 1 item of this or 1 boss of that item, never will have both at the same time
  • after the item disapears then the boss will spawn in a random location
  • can't be green if the item is in your inventory
  • very few specific bosses could drop this and they would despawn and only spawn again after the item becomes ash

Such mounts should be way better than any mount, if it's a combat mount it should be a weapon of mass destruction.
The item can be held by one player only, only one of this item will exist at a time.

So guilds will have interest in finding where this boss spawned, they can sell, borrow, trade, pvp, they can do anything they please for one week... then it's gone, the item becomes ashes.

Other people will try to kill whoever has the item, if the player doesn't want to die with it, then the player will have to store it or trade it or wait 7 days to pass and the item will magically disapear from his storage.

Art from Ciruelo Cabral:
vf17e735z1gk.jpg

Only one person can have them at a time and it's better than having an attack helicopter.
PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.

Comments

• You could actually roleplay as a Beast Hunter and sell the item for gold, guilds and nodes would buy it and also curious rich buyers looking for the experience.

This idea leads to player driven content, it is PvE and PvP friendly, it has high intensity PvE and then high intensity PvP, this is PvX to me.

Streamers could hunt this and raffle the item for their viewers, this could become a thing actually.
  • Yer there’s a lot of scope for temporary red flagging. Whether it’s cursed items with 100% drop rates or a very quick temp flag after a boss/mini boss kill.
  • If it’s gone in one week after all that effort… I dunno. Not sure many people will find the effort worthwhile. Maybe immediately preceding a guild or node war though, so perhaps it could increase opportunities for world PvP between nodes at war leading up to a siege. This mount would have to have some significant siege utility though.
  • Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited November 2022
    Sengarden wrote: »
    If it’s gone in one week after all that effort… I dunno. Not sure many people will find the effort worthwhile. Maybe immediately preceding a guild or node war though, so perhaps it could increase opportunities for world PvP between nodes at war leading up to a siege. This mount would have to have some significant siege utility though.

Yeap, I thought of a killig machine.
    Anyone only one party would farm the thing, everybody else would hunt the guy.
    Or you could simply sell it for someone who needs such weapon

I would like to use that just to kill people and parade my dragon in my node and make people jealous
  • FrostywombatFrostywombat Member
    edited November 2022
    I could see plenty of people going for it. Also boss doesn’t just have to drop the mount. Could be the fun random item the the keenest pvper in the guild wants.

Side track of this idea, Have some rare cursed items that make u red with 100% drop rates from players. If you die to a npc they would disappear.
  • If it's a flying mount it won't be easy to hunt down the guy.
    edited November 2022
    I could see plenty of people going for it. Also boss doesn’t just have to drop the mount. Could be the fun random item the the keenest pvper in the guild wants.

Side track of this idea, Have some rare cursed items that make u red with 100% drop rates from players. If you die to a npc they would disappear.

Who doesn't want to have their shot at being Daenerys Targaryen?
    t0xdcz8d6vk0.jpg

Burn everybody and be the best dragon rider!

Since the mount is overpowered, people shouldn't have it permanently.
    That's why such mount has to go from hands to hand for a week... then respawn in a random place and the lucky guy who finds it will bring a party and try to defeat it... one person will get the mount.

Obviously this party who deafeats the boss could off the bat kill each other for the item since it's a 100% loot drop and who has it in the inventory will become purple automatically!

Random people will obviously backstab each other for this item and a free-for-all will begin

Possibly the best option for the winner is immediatelly mounting it, leave the party and kill everybody to feed his new baby

MADNESS AND GREED
  • FrostywombatFrostywombat Member
    edited November 2022
    Manueljf wrote: »
    If it's a flying mount it won't be easy to hunt down the guy.

Have a time limit, cool-down, casting speed depending on quality
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I thought this game was steering away from, "everyone wins a prize".
    edited November 2022
    akabear wrote: »
    I thought this game was steering away from, "everyone wins a prize".

Why do you say that?

I mean, an entire party will fight a boss and only 1 drop will happen, people will probably kill each other for this and this item will go from hand to hand for an entire week and then turn into ashes

Nobody gain nothing, except fun

Just like people pay for items that lasts for hours, people will pay for having the item
    Players could actually be Beast Hunters
  • wrms wrote: »
    I think that could be a pretty cool idea if it was balanced properly. It would certainly address my annoyance with how elitist the current flying mounts are, because theres at least a chance for an average player to get it, even if its extremely rare.

They would just have to put some kind of system in place to encourage the owner to be out in the world actively, and not just hiding away on a freehold to hoard the mount.

This is why it would be tradeable, if the guy won't use it for whatever reasons, he can still sell it or trade it or give it away to anyone

Then the mount would decay in 7 days and it will become loot again somewhere else