Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Wardens in the Wild

RoshenRoshen Moderator, Member, Staff
edited January 2023 in Announcements
1920_-_Voyager_Plus_-_Background.jpg

Hunters. Scouts. Rangers. Guardians. These are the courageous souls that dare to leave the safety of civilization and brave the uncharted hinterlands. Some seek wealth and fame. Others are drawn by the reckless thrill of impossible odds. The worthiest of heroes seek only to protect and defend their own from the perils that lurk in the dark places. Many brave outriders stepped through the portals with sword or bow in hand, steeling themselves against the perils of the lost world they sought to reclaim as their birthright.

The Wardens in the Wild cosmetic add-ons will be available in the Ashes of Creation shop from November 9, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific until December 14, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific. Don’t forget that Accord of Autumn addons will be removed on November 9, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific when the new cosmetics swap over.

For more information, check out our news post: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2022-11-08-wardens-in-the-wild
community_management.gif

Comments

• Ooh - I kind of like this one for my planned main toon - a branchler-elf.

Fits the motif of trudging through underbrush for extended periods of time.

• I've been really looking forward to the new cosmetics; they look fantastic! Super excited about December's cosmetics, I hope they are snow themed!
  • Am hoping that's padding/covering on the toe of the boots.

Open-toed boots wouldn't make any sense. The skin-tone is a different color on the arms and faces, so I think that's toe-padding, not toes.

• FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    That cloak is top notch.
  • ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    the Cloak looks beautiful, i am still somewhat confused about a detail with the cosmetics and am hoping to get an answer, as i know the sets come as a full set and you cannot mix and match sets, therefore is it possible to equip a full cosmetic set and the cloak that comes with it on top as it is not actually part of the set and comes separately? i really hope that it is as i feel they are made to be worn together but am worried that you cannot equip both, thanks for your time and have a great day!
  • Akaime wrote: »
    ....the sets come as a full set and you cannot mix and match sets....

Am really hoping this changes before launch - and certain talk in one of the last few monthly update videos almost made it sound like IS was going to flip on the decision; It'd be *so* much better if we could "piece these up", as to mix-and-match cosmetics with in-game-obtained items.

Good question, though; It's kind of implied you *should* be able to wear the cloak with this set - but it's not explicitly stated.

• VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Akaime wrote: »
    ... as i know the sets come as a full set and you cannot mix and match sets, therefore is it possible to equip a full cosmetic set and the cloak that comes with it on top as it is not actually part of the set and comes separately?...

This will not be possible. The cosmetic costume is applied to your character and other, singular cosmetic items cannot be applied over it. So you can wear the full cosmetic costume or you could use your own gear appearances and apply individual cosmetic pieces, such as this cloak, to them! :)
    community_management.gif
  • I'm very attached to my EQ2 Ratonga Race, but since this skin pack makes me feel squishy, I'm all in! I wonder if I'll pick my name based on plant genus like I use to. It's worth considering.
  • Yesssss. Been waiting for a pack with this theme for my Vek Beast Master. Animal husbandry expert! So sweeeeet!
  • OsFurOsFur Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    hi, need skin theme special tulnar please, for game rp
    𝐎𝐬𝐬𝐚 𝐭𝐮𝐚 𝐬𝐮𝐛 𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐛𝐮𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭
  • Meletrius wrote: »
    hi, need skin theme special tulnar please, for game rp

Asides from the Corvid Castigator's set, I don't know that we've yet had any helmets/outfits that make you look like something else/different race.

Something with like a lizard's skull or lion's mouth for a helmet might be cool.

• Love this for the players who are stoked on the theme even if it's not for me. Really hoping December sticks to the wintery BLUE vibes of previous years. :D
  • Vaknar wrote: »
    ... as i know the sets come as a full set and you cannot mix and match sets, therefore is it possible to equip a full cosmetic set and the cloak that comes with it on top as it is not actually part of the set and comes separately?...

This will not be possible. The cosmetic costume is applied to your character and other, singular cosmetic items cannot be applied over it. So you can wear the full cosmetic costume or you could use your own gear appearances and apply individual cosmetic pieces, such as this cloak, to them! :)

Dear Game manager, I hope to get your reply. As my name indicates, I am a senior high school student from China and will go to college next year. My expectation for this game is higher than all the games I have ever seen before I hope you can add Chinese into the subsequent update. This is what I am looking forward to most. I may pre-order this game two months later due to the price
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Chineseboy wrote: »
    Vaknar wrote: »

Dear Game manager, I hope to get your reply. As my name indicates, I am a senior high school student from China and will go to college next year. My expectation for this game is higher than all the games I have ever seen before I hope you can add Chinese into the subsequent update. This is what I am looking forward to most. I may pre-order this game two months later due to the price

We would love to have language support for China for Ashes of Creation!

You can read more about our current plans for supported languages here :) and our planned regions here :)
    community_management.gif
  • How long is "access to future Alpha Two test phase" going to be included in the Voyager packages?
  • Thought to throw in a final feedback note, since I'm planning on buying this one when I get home:

PLEASE, PLEASE don't let this be open-toe. I don't *THINK* the image is to imply that the boots are open-toe, since it doesn't match the skin color on the hands and face - but it could be trying to show that. The material mid-calf on the boot's shin-guard looks to be the same color, so am presently hoping the ends of the boots have some kind of stud on them - almost like a steel-toed boot.

Am really not wanting to "brave the uncharted hinterlands" in something that super-protects the REST of the foot and lower-leg - only to leave the most-vulnerable part of the foot completely un-protected....