Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What spells do you want ?

I want to play a necromancer ,I would love them to have a aoe spell that look like a bunch of zombies coming out of the ground attack then go back ,what spells would you like?

Comments

• a spell that deals damage over time, that lasts for 30 seconds but has a cooldown of 60 seconds, so that optimizing DPS becomes a nightmare
    a spell that gives you gauge/resources/mana/etc... that allows you to extend your dps rotation a bit more, on a 180s cooldown, so that in order to deal optimal dps you must have a certain amount of uses of this ability every encounter
    a spell that gives massive utility to a single target party member, such as invulnerability, full hp regen, guaranteed critical, etc... so that your class is desirable in a group for that ability alone, at the expense of every other class that doesn't have this ability
    a spell whose only purpose is to spend gauge/resources/mana and all it does is deal slightly less damage than your normal dps spells, but can be instantly casted at any time, so that optimizing dps requires you to maximize the use of this spell without much reward.
  • Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited November 2022
    Wall of Force | D&D 5th Edition
    An invisible wall of force springs into existence at a point you choose within range. The wall appears in any orientation you choose, as a horizontal or vertical barrier or at an angle. It can be free floating or resting on a solid surface. [...]

Nothing can physically pass through the wall. It is immune to all damage and can't be dispelled by dispel magic. A disintegrate spell destroys the wall instantly, however. The wall also extends into the Ethereal Plane, blocking ethereal travel through the wall.

https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Spells:Wall of Force#content

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED WALL OF FORCE BACK IN THE DAY

PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
    edited November 2022
    Astral Projection | D&D 5th Edition

You and up to eight willing Creatures within range project your astral bodies into the Astral Plane (the spell fails and the casting is wasted if you are already on that plane). The material body you leave behind is unconscious

The spell ends for you and your Companions when you use your Action to dismiss it. When the spell ends, the affected creature returns to its physical body, and it awakens.

The spell might also end early for you or one of your Companions. A successful Dispel Magic spell used against an astral or physical body ends the spell for that creature.

https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Spells:Astral Projection#content

This would be useful in AoC, so you could have eyes during sieges and other places
  • Arcane Eye | D&D 5th Edition

You create an Invisible, magical eye within range that hovers in the air for the Duration.

You mentally receive visual information from the eye, which has normal Vision and Darkvision out to 30 feet. The eye can look in every direction.

As an Action, you can move the eye up to 30 feet in any direction. There is no limit to how far away from you the eye can move, but it can't enter another plane of existence. A solid barrier blocks the eye's Movement, but the eye can pass through an opening as small as 1 inch in diameter.

https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Spells:Arcane Eye#content

This would be useful in AoC, so you could have eyes during sieges and other places
  • Group spells. I.e. spells that require multiple players channeling them to cast.
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited November 2022
    I've always wanted to see "Create Food and Waiter" realized in a game.
    edited November 2022
    Clairvoyance | D&D 5th Edition

You create an Invisible sensor within range in a Location familiar to you (a place you have visited or seen before) or in an obvious Location that is unfamiliar to you (such as behind a door, around a corner, or in a grove of trees). The sensor remains in place for the Duration, and it can't be attacked or otherwise interacted with.

When you cast the spell, you choose seeing or hearing. You can use the chosen sense through the sensor as if you were in its space. As your Action, you can switch between seeing and hearing.

A creature that can see the sensor (such as a creature benefitting from see Invisibility or truesight) sees a luminous, intangible orb about the size of your fist.

https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Spells:Clairvoyance#content
    In AoC:
    I would have something to bookmark familiar places to me, like my freehold, or something related to my guild, or the road I am used to caravan frequently.

Would be cool if we could mark crystals with the Clairvoyance spell, then that crystal would be the bookmark, I would be able to handle crystals or have my crystals at home
  • Commune with Nature | D&D 5th Edition

You briefly become one with Nature and gain knowledge of the surrounding territory. In the outdoors, the spell gives you knowledge of the land within 3 miles of you. In caves and other natural Underground settings, the radius is limited to 300 feet. The spell doesn't function where Nature has been replaced by construction, such as in Dungeons and towns.

You instantly gain knowledge of up to three facts of your choice about any of the following subjects as they relate to the area - terrain and bodies of water; prevalent Plants, minerals, animals, or peoples; powerful Celestials, fey, Fiends, Elementals, or undead; Influence from Other Planes of existence; buildings.

For example, you could determine the Location of powerful Undead in the area, the Location of major sources of safe drinking water, and the Location of any nearby towns.

https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Spells:Commune with Nature#content

This sounds like a spell ment for a Scion or Soulbow
  • Control Weather | D&D 5th Edition

You take control of the weather within 5 miles of you for the Duration. You must be outdoors to cast this spell. Moving to a place where you don't have a clear path to The Sky ends the spell early.

When you cast the spell, you change the current weather Conditions, which are determined by the DM based on the climate and season. You can change precipitation, Temperature, and wind. It takes 1d4 x 10 minutes for the new Conditions to take Effect. Once they do so, you can change the Conditions again. When the spell ends, the weather gradually returns to normal.

When you change the weather Conditions, find a current condition on the following tables and change its stage by one, up or down. When changing the wind, you can change its direction.

Precipitation:
    Stage 1 - Clear
    Stage 2 - Light clouds
    Stage 3 - Overcast or ground fog
    Stage 4 - Rain, hail or snow
    Stage 5 - Torrential rain, driving hail or Blizzard

Temperature:
    Stage 1 - Unbearable heat
    Stage 2 - Hot
    Stage 3 - Warm
    Stage 4 - Cool
    Stage 5 - Cold
    Stage 6 - Arctic cold

Wind:
    Stage 1 - Calm
    Stage 2 - Moderate wind
    Stage 3 - Strong Wind
    Stage 4 - Gale
    Stage 5 - Storm

https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Spells:Control Weather#content

This kind of spell is super badass... the weather system in AoC is the best there is!

But the question is: would changing the weather have practical use for the players?
    I don't know... but if it had than yes
  • Disguise Self | D&D 5th Edition

You make yourself, including your clothing, armor, Weapons, and other belongings on your person, look different until the spell ends or until you use your Action to dismiss it. You can seem 1 foot shorter or taller and can appear thin, fat, or in between. You can't change your body type, so you must adopt a form that has the same basic arrangement of limbs. Otherwise, the extent of the Illusion is up to you.

The changes wrought by this spell fail to hold up to physical inspection. For example, if you use this spell to add a hat to your outfit, Objects pass through the hat, and anyone who touches it would feel nothing or would feel your head and hair. If you use this spell to appear thinner than you are, the hand of someone who reaches out to touch you would bump into you while it was seemingly still in midair.

To discern that you are disguised, a creature can use its Action to inspect your Appearance and must succeed on an Intelligence (Investigation) check against your spell save DC.

https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Spells:Disguise Self#content

A spell which could change your appeareance and name would be fantastic, specially for people at war, thieves, etc... people who use such a spell would probably be doing shady stuff
  • Finger of Death | D&D 5th Edition

You send negative energy coursing through a creature that you can see within range, causing it searing pain. The target must make a Constitution saving throw. It takes 7d8+30 necrotic damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

A Humanoid killed by this spell rises at the start of your next turn as a Zombie that is permanently under your Command, following your verbal orders to the best of its ability.

https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Spells:Finger of Death#content
    Poiting the finger at someone and the guy dying is quite cool LMAO
  • Irresistible Dance| D&D 5th Edition

Choose one creature that you can see within range. The target begins a comic dance in place - shuffling, tapping its feet, and capering for the Duration. Creatures that can't be Charmed are immune to this spell.

A Dancing creature must use all its Movement to dance without leaving its space and has disadvantage on Dexterity Saving Throws and Attack rolls. While the target is affected by this spell, other Creatures have advantage on Attack rolls against it. As an Action, a Dancing creature makes a Wisdom saving throw to regain control of itself. On a successful save, the spell ends.

https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Spells:Irresistible Dance#content

TROLOLOLOLOL TROLOLOLOLOL TROLOLOLOLOL TROLOLOLOLOL TROLOLOLOLOL TROLOLOLOLOL TROLOLOLOLOL TROLOLOLOLOL TROLOLOLOLOL TROLOLOLOLOL TROLOLOLOLOL TROLOLOLOLOL TROLOLOLOLOL TROLOLOLOLOL

Force others into dancing during fights, this is funniest than the good old paralyze
    Maybe the dancing person could still walk, but would be dancing instead of attacking
  • Power word: Kill
    Explosive rune
    Alter self
    Transmute Flesh to Gelatinous cube
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • I was remembering Power word Kill and Power word Stun
    edited November 2022
    Czeris wrote: »
    Group spells. I.e. spells that require multiple players channeling them to cast.

Absolutely, should have group spells!

In another topic I suggested turnning players into Wraiths or Battle Fairies

So one player playing as Necromancer could Transform all his party into Wraiths
  • CzerisCzeris Member
    edited November 2022
    I really want an animate dead spell where you can raise the corpse of your enemy and fight his friends (or the player himself after he respawns) with it. But I guess AoC doesn't have corpses, just piles of ash, which leaves me with a lot of questions as to how the necromancer's skills are going to work.

"Czeris was killed by Corpse of Czeris"
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    For Cleric/Cleric Sleep
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ashes' necromancers should just be pyromancers :D

reanimated ashes of the dead
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • edited November 2022
    I want beautiful spells. But that does not mean I want spells covering the entire screen, yet i still want them to be impactful and epic. Most of this can be done with great sound effects.

I've linked this clip in the past, but here's a good example of beautiful sound effects.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAHDS5Rn4kg
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • maouw wrote: »
    Ashes' necromancers should just be pyromancers :D

reanimated ashes of the dead

they will still have control over dark spirits and such
  • @TheDarkSorcerer we gotta agree that AoC need shorter effects, becuse atm sometimes people can't even see what is going on

I think the effects time shoul be cut in half
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited November 2022
    But honestly, I really like the playstyle of BDO's sorceress,
    it's just a breath of fresh air compared to summoning familiars/elemental abilities:
    (not so much the screen clutter from all her dark clouds, but the feel of the class is great)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDFKh746l_A
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • I would like them to experiment with a lot of Crowd Control spells. I liked WoW combat the most because of its CC spells that have very big impact on how you perform in PvP situations.

Something like: Necromancers to have fear - 5sec CC that is breakable upon taking DMG, mages to have polymorph to turn you into a sheep for 5sec - breakable upon taking dmg. Things like these.

This would make group content much more fun because you would need to CC healers with spells such as these and kill other targets fast. If there are 10v10 situation with 3 healers on each side, players would need to get organized to CC all healers or only 2 at same time while bursting 1 - 2 targets down.

If we get something like this, we could have items like runes that dispel you from CC instantly, farmable in dungeons or open world and tradable on auction, 30 sec CD when used and can be stacked in inventory up to x20. I would see that these runes would be expensive, and that creates good economy too.

• Feather spell!

So you can fall slowly, just like the Mage in WoW, I actually used that to kill people when I jumped off cliffs and people came after me and fell to their deaths and I graciously fell slowly and lived
  • Spells that do things other than move hp/mana bars. For example, Vanguard had a lovely levitate spell that slowed falling speed. You could climb a tall building, cast levitate, and 'walk' some way from the jump off point to reach areas or surprise players.

Spells that work with the environment, other spells/fields, to create new affects. Like Guild Wars 2 but not so extensive.

Spells that grow in power if you have more spellcasters in the same spot casting the same thing - like channelling.
  • I would like them to experiment with a lot of Crowd Control spells. I liked WoW combat the most because of its CC spells that have very big impact on how you perform in PvP situations.

Something like: Necromancers to have fear - 5sec CC that is breakable upon taking DMG, mages to have polymorph to turn you into a sheep for 5sec - breakable upon taking dmg. Things like these.

This would make group content much more fun because you would need to CC healers with spells such as these and kill other targets fast. If there are 10v10 situation with 3 healers on each side, players would need to get organized to CC all healers or only 2 at same time while bursting 1 - 2 targets down.

If we get something like this, we could have items like runes that dispel you from CC instantly, farmable in dungeons or open world and tradable on auction, 30 sec CD when used and can be stacked in inventory up to x20. I would see that these runes would be expensive, and that creates good economy too.

I do not agree with this whatsoever. While I like CC's that break on damage and are somewhat long, if everyone has multiple CC's like this or multiple AOE CC's you totally strip away playability as you could realistically be CC'd for 20+ seconds. This should be a very limited but powerful skill for a few classes with long cool downs, while other functions/classes have hard stuns on shorter cooldowns etc.

Also every class should have a CC break as that encourages counter-play, I think CC break items that are farmable is a problem since it then turns into a buyers club where you need X dollars to pvp or you just lose due to the fact that they can afford these runes but you cannot which is not a barrier to entry that I like to see.
  • A shield spell that puts a bubble around you for 50% less damage that lasts 15 seconds with a 2 minute cool down.

A more life spell that uses your mp bar first as hp before using your hp bar.
    (Say you have 200hp and 300mp you now have 500hp but bare in mind you won’t have mp to cast anything else)

A lightning spell that comes down from the sky vertically like real lightning.

A fire wall spell that makes an area on the floor lit up into flames and these flames stay there damaging enemies or making them move away or around it for say 10 seconds. Multiple fire walls would be useful to make enemies move to where you want them to or make them retreat.

A teleport spell that takes 10 seconds to charge that moves you to a random place on the map which goes closer and closer to towns as you level it.

A clone spell that creates five images of your character who all take a small amount of damage.

One major thing I would like is all spells to have levels that you train by using said spell.

Example: lvl 1 fire ball does 50 damage and takes 1000 casts to level up. lvl 2 fire ball has a greater animation does 100 damage and takes 3000 casts to level up. lvl 3 fire ball has an even greater animation does 150 damage and takes 5000 casts to level up and possibly going up to level 5 fire ball.
    edited November 2022
    The game Dragon's Dogma has a spell called Maelstrom

In short, you summon a giant tornado that deals exclusively dark magick damage, and has the ability to pull enemies in and throw them, or stagger them failing that.

This spell takes a lot of time to cast, but if more casters are casting the same spell then they will together spell this spell once but faster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbyE-0Cg4yI
  • X-Blade - Spell:

Your Character does a X-swing Animation with the Sword into the Air. At this Position a Pulsing Red X will appear - cut into the Air.
    The spawned X will face into the direction where the Caster stood and will stand (hover) there for like 10 or 20 seconds. (or if the spell is clicked again)
    The Caster can continue fighting and after the said 10 seconds the X will do a Line AOE into the direction it was facing when it got spawned. (It flies into the direction as a X-cut in the Air)

With a Spell like this you could plan an attack or stun the Enemy at the right time to combine it with your heavy attacks / spells

Upgrade: You can create several X-Blades/Cuts
    Changes: You dont have to wait 10 Seconds. the Line AOE shoots after clicking the Spell again to time it perfectly with other Spells.

Downgrade: Its a Skill Shoot. People can dodge it if they're moving away quickly.

This Spell could be really satisfying because of the X-Cut Animation and because its a Skill shot at the same time.

AND
    It would be a perfect ability for a Boss too if it Casts serveral of these.
    (just like a delayed Aoe spell)
    uwu
    edited March 2023
    MD6ksl.gif
    SoulfulTalkativeKodiakbear-size_restricted.gif

:)