Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Shroud of the Vigilant dyeable ?

Just wondering if someone knows for sure if this Shroud of the Vigilant from this month cosmetic is dyeable
accessory.png

Comments

• Options
    I believe the intent is that you can dye cosmetics.. I am only seeing somewhat outdated information, but based on the wiki you should be able to dye a portion of the gear (50% adjustment to color or less) via two dye channels.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Dyes
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    I really hope they do call out what parts of the cosmetics that can't be dyed. Maybe you hover over a "non-dye" button before purchase that highlights what parts aren't dyeable.

Especially if it's purchased with real money. I can't stand when ESO adds great costumes to Crown Store, only to find out the jewels on the costume aren't dyeable and you're stuck with red jewels that doesn't go at all with your colorscheme.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    Nova_terra wrote: »
    I believe the intent is that you can dye cosmetics.. I am only seeing somewhat outdated information, but based on the wiki you should be able to dye a portion of the gear

It also says
    The dyeability of costumes depends on the specific costume.[9]
    Outside of wanting to keep maybe some identity from a lore perspective; for example if you have like a white lion's suit of armor, you may not want that white lion suit of armor to be black or blue. So, it's possible. It depends on the costume itself.[9] – Steven Sharif

Which is why I'm wondering if the green is part of the lore so can't be dyed or if it can