Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Suggestion for master Alchemist profession

https://vanilla-wow-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Lotus

Look at this site and try to argue with me as why this idea is not superior to any other MMO even today...

One black lotus to spawn in zone from multiple spawn points - around 1h cd and there can be only one. In original vanilla black lotus was BOP, but they made it in BOE item, so that people can sell it on AH if they did not have recipe for this item or even if they did not have alchemy as 2nd profession.

What if master alchemist only could make flasks that are very strong and need 1 black lotus in order to make it - including other items + black lotus to make it ofc...

In classic there was this flask that gave flat health increase used by tanks - 2k hp bonus. Tanks usually had around 3-5k hp without this flask and bosses used to hit around 1,5-2k, sometimes more depending on mechanic. This flask made so much of an impact on how tanks played raids, it was mandatory for tanks because in many situations it was matter of life or death if you had it.

This is how you don't make things worthless via profession and this is how to make stable economy that gives vibe as if every gold coin is real life money.

I hate when I can sustain my character with 1h of farming for a whole week, this is not how MMO should be designed, especially if AoC team as I see they are aiming for semi old school game with modern features.

Thoughts on this idea?

Comments

• https://vanilla-wow-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Lotus

Look at this site and try to argue with me as why this idea is not superior to any other MMO even today...

its not. wow didn't come up with that

• AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    https://vanilla-wow-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Lotus

One black lotus to spawn in zone from multiple spawn points - around 1h cd and there can be only one. In original vanilla black lotus was BOP, but they made it in BOE item, so that people can sell it on AH if they did not have recipe for this item or even if they did not have alchemy as 2nd profession.

What if master alchemist only could make flasks that are very strong and need 1 black lotus in order to make it - including other items + black lotus to make it ofc...

In classic there was this flask that gave flat health increase used by tanks - 2k hp bonus. Tanks usually had around 3-5k hp without this flask and bosses used to hit around 1,5-2k, sometimes more depending on mechanic. This flask made so much of an impact on how tanks played raids, it was mandatory for tanks because in many situations it was matter of life or death if you had it.

This is how you don't make things worthless via profession and this is how to make stable economy that gives vibe as if every gold coin is real life money.

I hate when I can sustain my character with 1h of farming for a whole week, this is not how MMO should be designed, especially if AoC team as I see they are aiming for semi old school game with modern features.

Thoughts on this idea?

This is a terrible idea and even as a person who does not play WoW I know the amount of stupid drama that came up around that damn Lotus.

Even if it's just an example, maybe use a better one?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• It made economy worth, one flask that gave tanks 2000hp would cost around 1 hour of farming in the best spot... This is reason why MMO needs to have these rare / hard stuff from gatherings. If you don't create this, you will make theme-park retail WoW similar to MMO.

WoW did not have any drama about this. It used to be drama on some servers because some players that were bots would create Black Lotus mafia (that is their known name) and put prices around 1k gold per black lotus, which would take around 15 hours of farming for one flask.... This however was case on only 1 server out of 30-40 servers or even more. This is rare and won't happen to any newer game simply because players from WoW and other MMOs are not nearly as same. I do not know worse community then WoW community.