Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, December 2, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
edited December 2022 in Announcements
Reminder-1920_alternate_december.gif?h=250

Glorious Ashes of Creation Community!

Our next livestream will be Friday, December 2, 2022 at 11AM Pacific! (Click here to convert this to your local time.)

Similar to our past streams, we'd love to gather some questions from you to answer live! Please submit your question for our development team in the thread below, and we'll select 10 of them at random to answer at the end of our livestream. In order to accommodate a variety of questions from our community, please only post ONE question below, and the more direct and succinct the better (think one to two sentences)!

Submissions end Wednesday, November 23, 2022 at 11AM Pacific, so we can select your questions before the broadcast.

We'll see you soon for our development update livestream! twitch.tv/ashesofcreation

Greetings glorious Ashes of Creation community!

We’ve decided to move our glorious November Development Update livestream from this Wednesday to Friday, December 2, 2022 at 11AM Pacific!

Our team is working very hard to show you something exciting, and we’d like some additional time to add a little extra polish!

We thank you for understanding and we’re excited to see you on Friday!

🧟‍♂️ In case you missed it, check out our November Development Update to catch up on the latest news! https://youtu.be/I_LhGxdKBNQ
community_management.gif

Comments

• BarabBarab Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Could we get an update on anything related to the Mariner class ?
    The Dünir Hold Mithril Warhammers,Thanes of the Keelhaul, Dünir scourge of the oceans, Warhammer First Fleet Command of The Dünzenkell Nation, friends to the Dünir Dwarves of the Dünhold.Hammers High!
  • OnyStyleOnyStyle Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited November 2022
    What is the plan for keeping the older pve content relevant as new patches/updates to the game come if there is one? Will there be a system in the game similar to ff14 where experienced players get rewarded for doing older dungeons so that new players will be able to experience older content?
  • TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    If A2 is planned to be persistent until launch, how will you stop both viewers and testers from getting burned out on the game before its even launched if testing ends up lasting for years?
    nI17Ea4.png
  • What mechanics will you put in place to make "out-leveled" content remain viable?

My thoughts are similar to the crafting poll question:
    Have the "basics" like iron ore, but make certain rare ores required higher up(think OSRS rune ore x1, coal x8). Then, beyond that, add special colors/dyes/effects, that are only derived from special drops(i.e. raid boss drops red scale that gives your crafted item a red glow). This would give players visible clout, on top of the high level stats. You could see someone in the world with a shield that 'drips' lava, or something, and know "Oh! They got that 0.1% drop from XYZ dragon raid boss". Effects similar to gw2 legends might be in line, if dialed down. The unique boss drops could add visual effects, but also damaging effects. Imagine a mid -tier world boss that can change damage type to poison? This would continue to be relevant, even after people over level it
    jlyhubmxm6w1.png

Founder and Guild Leader of -Providence-
  • BabayugahBabayugah Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Is it still the intention of Intrepid to release the Character Creator before the launch of Alpha 2?
  • AzuruAzuru Member
    edited November 2022
    Since the Tulnar are descendants of the 4 Original races, what culture will they mainly take inspiration from in their clothing and architecture?
  • SekaarSekaar Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Are you going to be looking for a dedicated stream team to help work alongside developers to help the game from the perspective of people who play every day?

I’ve seen other games where they have “stream teams” but they’re just glorified advertisers for the game.
  • -T0Mb--T0Mb- Member
    edited November 2022
    While watching the latest monthly livestream and especially the gathering part a funny question popped up in my mind:

Are there going to be any meteorites that sometimes fall from the sky into random locations and only the finest miners could mine them for rare resources which could be used in crafting legendary items for example?

This could encourage players to explore Verra more and create random events or sometimes conflicts between nodes.
  • Will there be any spells or skills that can be used together at the same time to create a new one? Either by the same class or a combination of two different classes?
  • Now that the map size was changed to 1200sqkm, will alpha 2 map size change accordingly?
  • In relation to PVP/ Class Balancing:
    It has been my experience as primarily rolling a Tank, that it's viability in PVP has always suffered. I either have to completely re-spec or carry a full change of gear (or both). SWTOR did a decent job by having clickable quick slots for gear and abilities and by also having the abilities like "Taunt" work in PVP, just differently. But I was hoping that as a Tank in a truly PVX game, that I wouldn't be immediately useless in a sudden PVP interaction (unless I came up against another tank). Ideally I'd like to be in a complimenting party (or at least one other), but realistically that isn't always the case.

Thank you!
  • Question about Customized NPCs!

Will players be able to create their own NPCs? Specifically, I loved how Dragon's Dogma made everyone make one. Then you could globally share it among your friends list. This NPC was basically an AI player. It leveled, you gave it skills, armor and weapons. You customized how it looked.
    I was wondering if y'all had any plans for something along this lines in the future of the game?
    I made an article in regards to my thoughts about this incase you wanted more in-depth information.
  • Gaul_Gaul_ Member
    edited November 2022
    When a player approaches a player caravan will they be given the character and/or guild name of the caravan owner before deciding whether to attack or defend?
  • A question about the gods:

Are there any details about the to-be Verran gods' influence in our gameplay that you could share with or hint at, for us?

• ChangeMe6587452ChangeMe6587452 Member, Explorer, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    At the launch of the game it's likely we'll see mass harvesting of resources in the starting zones causing resource management to be very difficult for guilds that hold those areas. Will there be any protections in place to make sure the land doesn't go barren? Maybe the first season is Spring and that causes vegetation to respawn at a faster rate and it would alleviate the burden on the land holders.
  • When can we expect more information about high seas gameplay and naval combat, and will it be viable for a player to focus almost exclusively on these (able to respawn at sea, enough XP opportunities, etc)?
  • How much of an influence will node reputation have with other players, PvP, and the node itself?
  • Would I be able to gather everything the world of Verra has to offer and leave it in one piece of buried treasure as a pirate?
  • BillzbubBillzbub Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    When a group in an overland dungeon kills an early boss quickly to set the difficulty of a deeper boss, how long will the deeper boss remember his difficulty level if nobody kills the early boss again? Forever until the earlier boss is killed again, or for some period of time that will be tuned later?
    Since travel time is significant, planning a night of dungeon delving with friends could get complicated. What is your philosophy for making sure overland dungeon content will be available in an open world with a high population? Average groups won't have time to travel between many dungeons to find one that is not already occupied by a superior force, especially since servers will have a peak play time.
    During the prelude stream to the Extra Life livestream, a developer introduced himself by saying he was working on an unannounced system. What system? Are there many entire systems that you haven't mentioned the existence of yet?
  • Will the game have detargeting abilities?
  • What ship/building size restrictions are the monthly cosmetics subjected to?

Last update on this topic was Jan 19, 2022: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/comment/326362#Comment_326362

Basically, "[we are still working to answer this]"
  • NovachronoNovachrono Member
    edited November 2022
    Hello Intrepid,
    My question is, have you given any thoughts of adding de buff protection?I played an L2 server which had de buff protection on and it made PvP fights to last longer and get more enjoyable. for example you are getting stunned by someone (anytype of stun) but with the de buff protection you will be able to get stunned again in 30 sec. So for 30 seconds you got stun immunity. (without it you can be stunned over and over in big fights which is not good)
  • Is it currently in the plan for all classes including summoner & bard to be ready and playable in alpha 2 and will various effects of secondary archetypes be shown off soon perhaps?
  • FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Are freehold cosmetic skins purchased from the store limited to being applied only to specific tiers?

For example there are currently three tiers of summer freehold appearances for sale but the most recent offerings, Wardens in the Wild, includes the Moor Warden’s Blind which does not specify any tier.
  • Placeholder
  • If ship building isn't a profession now, can you please explain specifically on how they are now built?
  • I would love to hear your thoughts on why we couldn't have just one server instead of multiple. Eve Online has only one server and has had as many as 50k players playing at the same time (maybe more). Or at least consider increasing the server size. Is it because you don't believe the world is big enough to house that many players? The server architecture is definitely there.
  • RuinedRuined Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Is the quest dialogue going to be like more of a old school Runescape style which you have different options or will it be more of a standard MMO which you don't have any option?