Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

👨‍🍳 Delicious Dev Discussion - Click for tasty treats!

VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
edited November 2022 in General Discussion
1920_Delicious_Dev_Discussion.jpg

Hello Glorious Ashes of Creation Community,

As we approach the long weekend of festivities, we couldn’t help but think to ourselves, what kind of tasty treats would the denizens of Verra be enjoying? If not day-to-day, during the holiday season! With that said, it’s time for a…

Delicious Dev Discussion!
👨‍🍳 Becoming a chef is no easy feat, and making up recipes is even harder!

🍔 🤔 What kinds of foods and drinks would you like to create on Verra?

We can’t wait to see what recipes you share with us! We have a few of our own that we’d like to share with you very soon, so please stay tuned to our socials for some tasty treats!

🙌 Thank you all for your glorious input on what recipes and foods should be in Verra!

🏠 ☕ We carefully concocted some drinks of our own and would love to see you all make them at home!

Puirgel-s_Milk.jpg

Living_Wave_Mocktail.jpg

Hefty_Capling_Latte.jpg
community_management.gif

Comments

• Hopefully some more verra themed dished. I think food that is not possible to make in real life gives the game some charm. Each culture having a favorite dish would be cool too.
  • chaoko954chaoko954 Member, Alpha One
    edited November 2022
    If apples grow on bushes, all bets are off!
  • Dünir dwarves' traditional food: "Düner kebab" :yum:
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    edited November 2022
    We'd love to hear your ideas for recipes or yummy creations that you think any of the nine races of Verra might be enjoying! ^_^
    community_management.gif
    -T0Mb- wrote: »
    Dünir dwarves' traditional food: "Düner kebab" :yum:

I LOVE this haha!!
    community_management.gif
    chaoko954 wrote: »
    If apples grow on bushes, all bets are off!

Maybe a bush-apple pie? :tongue:
    community_management.gif
  • XenelliaXenellia Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    MAPLE SYRUP OR RIOT!!
    volunteer_moderator.gif
    Lashing wrote: »
    Hopefully some more verra themed dished. I think food that is not possible to make in real life gives the game some charm. Each culture having a favorite dish would be cool too.

Can you think of any dishes any of the nine races might enjoy? It's ok if they cannot be recreated IRL. Even more fun if you could think of a way to create it IRL :wink:
    community_management.gif
    Xenellia wrote: »
    MAPLE SYRUP OR RIOT!!

A simple request! But what would the syrup go on? 🤔💭
    community_management.gif
  • VoeltzVoeltz Member
    edited November 2022
    For the holidays, Roast beast and apple cider!

In general, cooked meats and fish, omelettes, soups, brews and stews, pies and pastries, salads, cooked vegetables. The more the better!

I would like to be able to cook just about any animal/plant that is edible including some bosses/world bosses which provide stronger buffs
  • OddjobOddjob Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Tulnar soup! 🍲
    unknown.png
  • HerdoHerdo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Roasted salmon served in a big upside-down mushroom, with green onions and soya sauce.
  • MybroViajeroMybroViajero Member
    edited November 2022
    Let the AoC style prevail over the typical food and drink stuffs in MMORGPS.

1.- If Intrepid wants to create some kind of food , drinks , then let it be AoC style.
    I think MMORPGS always have the typical banquets where a roast turkey , drinks made from wine or beer and salads , it seems like a joke but almost in every MMORPGS you see that.

2.- That the food and drinks really has a REAL purpose and a well designed meaning.
    I'm tired of seeing the typical level 1 to 5 food/Drinks/Potions that are then unusable.
    I would prefer an adaptive food/potion that evolves or improves in its healing in an adaptive way to the player's level.
    For example : If from level 1 to 15 you need food/drink/potion X to heal/supply you with energy/make you healthy or cheerful then from level 15 to 30 be "X + Y" where Y has its peculiarities and characteristics of creation as it is something that requires more level so it should be more difficult to obtain the things to create Y , therefore to be able to have the option to heal/supply you with energy/be healthy or cheerful, or whatever from level 15 to 30 you would need the combination of materials that can create X and Y .

It could also be the case that a single food (for example an apple) and that apple as the player improves in level also improves evolving into other things like apple drink, apple pie, etc. but of course for that apple to evolve into those things would require player level and creation inputs to turn that apple into a pie you would need sugar level X, apples level Y, cinnamon level X, and other things that make sense to that apple evolved into an apple pie.

3.- Unique inputs and ingredients, for example apples grow on bushes of the last monthly update, THAT is AoC style.

4.- It would be very interesting if the food and drinks were differentiated by characteristics of each region, the food from the east would have some peculiar characteristics and the food from the west would have others.

5.-The quality of the ingredients matters, it is not the same to cook with ingredients from a good harvest than with ingredients from a bad harvest.
    Cooking with quality ingredients is not the same as cooking with low quality ingredients.

6.- Chef's Table : Here many ideas for different types of food styles for Verra can be found.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKqj85oo2wI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=777wFyVDOoE
    sjt9xvy29ubs.png
    3nvyywrwog5g.png
    e3h1srbj97k8.png
    e2irpt23safm.png
    5y6izcajg8bf.png
    3npkqdxtndtb.png
    irfykadzhk44.jpg
    02sfl6zeb3wx.png
    ictmkqphbldy.png
    b825amdobpji.png
    g4ph50fsy385.png
    dk39fwnj6k0m.png
    2sdkrq55htqn.png
    9eq6opwi2bnd.png
    elxh7x3634na.jpg
    pdcyx5uy3ft2.png
    u6fzrx45u7xu.png

EDym4eg.png
  • "Canjica Nordestina" a dish from Northeast of Brazil made of corn, a really delicious dessert
    assinatura-nova-ordem-2.png
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • kryPrimkryPrim Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dishes that fit into the story to Verra and your races.

Maybe there are extremely rare animal species or herbs that allow you to cook unexpected buff food for the raid group.
    Which only the best cooks can handle, because you need a lot of knowledge and the right tools for it. :)
  • Curry and each race prefers their own variation to the curry dish.
    for instance the elves prefer vegetable curry, dwarves beef curry, humans pork cutlet curry.
  • From what I've seen the Py'Rai are the closest to wood elves. If they are hunters then some Rabbit and Deer/Venison specialities. Humans would probably be more likely to have cow & chicken dishes due to farming.
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Mushroom Cheese Melt on Rye Bread!

Don't gimme prompts like this, @Vaknar, you'll get like 300 foods.

I'll behave (but I'll think about anything that is outside what I normally get from games... Duck is on the menu, right? How about Scorpion?)
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• zelcovazelcova Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Apple and Pecan Pie, Cheesecake, (Thick) Ribeye with Mashed potatoes, Cup of Black Tea or Green Tea. Grilled Asparagus. Cup of Chianti wine. Mochi Ice cream. Fully loaded Baked Potatoe. grilled Lamb Kabob. Pepperoni pizza. Pastor Street Tacos. And Last but not least a Burger and fries.
  • GoalidGoalid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'd love to have actual alcoholic beverages in Verra so we could play drinking games from the computer over tavern games.
    bRVL6TR.png

Oddjob wrote: »
    Tulnar soup! 🍲

What would go in a Tulnar soup? 🤔😱
    community_management.gif
    Herdo wrote: »
    Roasted salmon served in a big upside-down mushroom, with green onions and soya sauce.

Mmmmmm now we're talkin'!
    community_management.gif
    EnderlinH wrote: »
    "Canjica Nordestina" a dish from Northeast of Brazil made of corn, a really delicious dessert

I had to look this up! It looks soooooooo good! 🤤
    community_management.gif
    Sen_Rin wrote: »
    Curry and each race prefers their own variation to the curry dish.
    for instance the elves prefer vegetable curry, dwarves beef curry, humans pork cutlet curry.

Fantastic idea! I would love to sit down and try all 9 variations of curry 🤤
    community_management.gif
    From what I've seen the Py'Rai are the closest to wood elves. If they are hunters then some Rabbit and Deer/Venison specialities. Humans would probably be more likely to have cow & chicken dishes due to farming.

Brilliant! Any favorite small game dishes you enjoy that would inspire what the Py'Rai might enjoy? 😀
    community_management.gif
    Azherae wrote: »
    Mushroom Cheese Melt on Rye Bread!

Don't gimme prompts like this, @Vaknar, you'll get like 300 foods.

I'll behave (but I'll think about anything that is outside what I normally get from games... Duck is on the menu, right? How about Scorpion?)

Ahhhh, yes! I do recall this post! I love this stuff too, haha!

That recipe sounds 💯Go on, show me some more recipes! 😈
    community_management.gif
    zelcova wrote: »
    Apple and Pecan Pie, Cheesecake, (Thick) Ribeye with Mashed potatoes, Cup of Black Tea or Green Tea. Grilled Asparagus. Cup of Chianti wine. Mochi Ice cream. Fully loaded Baked Potatoe. grilled Lamb Kabob. Pepperoni pizza. Pastor Street Tacos. And Last but not least a Burger and fries.

Woooo! Some bomb choices here! Al pastor tacos are some of my personal favorites. Which races do you think would enjoy which of these foods? 🤔🤤
    community_management.gif
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Well, I don't normally get these in games even though they would fit in most without additional itemization.

Lasagna, Tiramisu, Cod Croquettes.

I guess I can imagine that the Cheese Gratin in BDO is a lasagna, but no! I must stand up for my favorites.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

edited November 2022
    Goalid wrote: »
    I'd love to have actual alcoholic beverages in Verra so we could play drinking games from the computer over tavern games.

What kind of cocktails and brews do you think the races of Verra would create and enjoy? Any fantasy cocktails or brews you know of or can think of?
    community_management.gif
    Azherae wrote: »
    Well, I don't normally get these in games even though they would fit in most without additional itemization.

Lasagna, Tiramisu, Cod Croquettes.

I guess I can imagine that the Cheese Gratin in BDO is a lasagna, but no! I must stand up for my favorites.

You have some 🔥 taste there, friend! 😤✊
    community_management.gif