Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, December 2, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

Comments

• In SWTOR me and my friend have made Anakin and Obi Wan characters to roleplay as them while we play the game, will Ashes of Creation allow me and my friend to be able to customize/dress our characters to the point of us being able to do a Aragorn and Legolas type of playthrough/Roreplay?
  • Will we be able to hit enemies from anywhere in the world as long as they are in range of our abilities/attacks or will their be an evade mechanic as seen in other MMORPGs like WOW, GW2,etc that resets enemies health if they cannot fight back?
  • If this is November's stream, will you be having another before xmas or after. It's ok if you just tweet out that a2 severs are live on the 25th and forgo a December stream, we will forgive you.🍾
    Join The Casual Conspiracy
    https://discord.gg/Rs5cwrYwst
  • MazterrooMazterroo Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hello,

I understand that when a node is progressing through the stages it will need resources to develop its areas (housing, taverns, ect.) But can in theory the node "max out" its development once in metropolis stage and everything is built and not need these base materials. if so, will this remove the demand for low level resources for that node? eg basic wood/stone that is being farmed by low level players.
  • CastaiCastai Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Bards will have the ability to play musical instruments, but will they be the only archetype with that ability? Not necessarily as use in combat, but for recreational and roleplaying purposes.
    youtube.com/watch?v=I_LhGxdKBNQ&t=5210s youtube.com/watch?v=nOd9PV6jcqU&t=4668s
    youtube.com/watch?v=gFYd9TJiRDQ&t=4209s youtube.com/watch?v=TpBSGYWxd38&t=4969s
    youtube.com/watch?v=RetA3thzdiM&t=5100s
  • What kind of hidden treasures or to what extent will there be hidden content be present in the game at launch. I like treasure hunting stuff.
  • What will be the approach on camera distance from character? Generally zooming out more from your character allows for more strategic advantage but also diminishes immersion. Some add ons in other games even try to increase max zoom from default.
  • What sort of things will be available for the summoner to summon? For example will a Necromancer be able to use some of those Zombie/Skeleton mobs you guys posted art and models for while a beastmaster some of the animals?
  • syldonsyldon Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    Can someone from another node come into your area to farm resources. And since there is a penalty to aggressive farming practises, would this open up a form of griefing from enemy nodes.
    dikruvxh2njh.png
  • Are you guys considering the switch to UE 5.1?
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Regarding abilities such as Siege Summons that bring together 8 of the same Archetype in a siege situation, will there be level restrictions on who can participate in the activation of these abilities other than for the group leader?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Can abilities such as the Ranger ability Airstrike be used to navigate terrain; either for climbing cliffs that are otherwise too high, or for descending into chasms mitigating fall damage?
  • GoalidGoalid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The node reliquary is a building that spawns relics over time that give benefits to the node and its citizens. Is there any equivalent building for guild castles that have maintained power over a long period of time?
    bRVL6TR.png

• SorcresSorcres Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited November 2022
    Can I expect Summoner to have some debuff spells or the ability to remove buffs from enemies??

I really enjoyed Summoner in Aion and one of the reasons was that he had a lot of debuff spells.
  • i think very underrated topic is the way damage numbers look. The design of the numbers are so important for the gameplay imo. To give an example World of Warcraft is a good example or maybe a unique one like Cabal Online.
  • GrilledCheeseMojitoGrilledCheeseMojito Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If a ZOI-nation wants to drop a minor node of one type to pick up another node of another type, will it be possible to do this?
    Grilled cheese always tastes better when you eat it together!
  • While playing, do you anticipate the main Points of Interest to be player made cities, or to be content created to inhabit Verra from before the fall?
  • LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    will the next upcoming spot testing be for PI only, Alpha One backers or Alpha Two as well?
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Are you considering a prison system to keep griefers who are running amok in check?
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    If a ZOI-nation wants to drop a minor node of one type to pick up another node of another type, will it be possible to do this?

I think you have some really bad understand of the Node System.

You cannot drop Nodes. They pre-exist in the world. Their type and location is static. They may or may not develop depending on player events.

You might want to take a read of this https://ashes101.com/nodes to straighten out your understanding a little bit.

Cheers!

Jahlon
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • shadowraze96shadowraze96 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    On what has been said on augments from secondary archetypes, there will be up to 4 from the secondary archetype itself. It is also stated that augments will be locked behind levels. When I unlock augments, will I be able to see future augments that I will unlock so I can choose to abstain from choosing an augment until I hit the level for the augment I want? Or will augments automatically attach itself as soon as I unlock the first one and I have to find some trainer or item to be able to change it in the future?
  • when will we see more about the secondary archetypes?
    (more specificly the Necromancer)
    When will we be able to see the summoner archetype in action?
    the beginning of wisdom is to know you know nothing
  • Are there any plans to upgrade to the newly released Unreal Engine 5.1 to take advantage of Foliage LOD + Lumen Reflections + Global Illuminations??
  • SunScriptSunScript Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The Jewel cutting page on the wiki mentions the Quarrior pet from the cosmetic pack will be able to dig up jewels on a freehold, is this part of Animal Husbandry and is it limited to the pet from the cosmetic pack that contained it?
    Bow before the Emperor and your lives shall be spared. Refuse to bow and your lives shall be speared.
  • darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If we pick a crafting profession how limited will we be with gathering? If we pick a gathering profession will we at least be able to craft low quality items?
  • Will the addition of more nullsec zones occur? To balance that, will lowsec and highsec zones also be added?

Regardless of either of those questions/answers: do you think player (PvE x PvP players) segregation, like what happens in Albion/EVE/OSRS, is a good thing?

Thanks
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Vi FallenVi Fallen Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    edited November 2022
    Hi I skimmed the previous questions hopefully I'm not already asking a question that's been covered. Will Ashes of creation support Unreal Engine 5.1? Specifically Nanite Foliage and the water reflection features! I know since Ashes Of Creation is a MMO that some of these enhancements may not be applicable. I was really impressed with what it brings to the table.

For anyone who wants to check it out for themselves!
    "Why Unreal Engine 5.1 is a Huge Deal"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUGqzE6Je5c
  • EtalimEtalim Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Q: Will Ashes' quest rewards be useful enough for us to actually care about them? And compelling enough to make players want to do the quests for said rewards?

Context:
    I think we've all deconstructed/discarded our fair share of common items rewarded to us from quests. After having enjoyed Oldschool Runescape's questing for many years I miss getting useful and compelling rewards from quests in other MMOs. I remember being rewarded with things like access to new spells, upgrades to existing ones, XP/progression to skills, the ability to craft and/or gather new things, access to new areas, special gear, and/or enchantments/enhancements to tools/gear, stuff for freehold, etc., etc., etc... And I hope to see Ashes become the MMO that breaks this trend.

Thanks.
    o5cyez1bnzal.gif
  • BackstabjoeBackstabjoe Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Can we get an estimated time for Alpha 2?
  • Will all tier 1 mount cosmetics be able to apply to mules as well or will mules and mounts skins not be able to go onto each other?