Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, December 2, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

Comments

• With there being multiple buildings on a freehold, can each building have separate cosmetic skins or is there a limit to how many building can be skinned?
  • DrunkninjaDrunkninja Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    For players interested in Naval Content, will there be a way to produce growth experience for their Node on the open seas?
  • Jahlon wrote: »
    If a ZOI-nation wants to drop a minor node of one type to pick up another node of another type, will it be possible to do this?

I think you have some really bad understand of the Node System.

You cannot drop Nodes. They pre-exist in the world. Their type and location is static. They may or may not develop depending on player events.

You might want to take a read of this https://ashes101.com/nodes to straighten out your understanding a little bit.

Cheers!

Jahlon

@Jahlon Not what he's asking.

He wants to know if a Metro Node has some lower-level Nodes that are of a type they want to drop (i.e. they've already subjugated 3 Trade Nodes of lower levels, but wanted to drop a 4th Trade Node in order to pick up a 3rd Science Node) - can they do this? The Nodes are static - but can Metros lose one they will receive no further benefit from, in order to conquer/subjugate a Node of a different type - like a trade?

• We love a good hero, but we also love a cruel villain. Who is your all-time favorite video game antagonist and your favorite protagonist and why?
    I am obsessed with anything magic.

• Drew_932Drew_932 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will there be Seasonal Event in like ( Christmas, thanksgiving, etc) in ashes?
  • Can you elaborate on the guild and/or alliance management systems? In games like these, a lack luster management system can really hinder the guild leadership and growth of a guild.
  • Will freehold houses be able to have windows that we can see outside in real time?
  • xlangatangxxlangatangx Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will there ever be an instance where I get to view Sanctus during my gameplay? As an example, when I finish creating my character and step through the portal into Verra for the first time, will I be able to see Sanctus when I turn around?
  • First of all, greetings! Hope you all doing well.
    Love the passion and honesty you guys have.

My question is will minigames for lifeskill make sense? Most MMO's have placeholders for minigames which does not reflect the profession itself. For example, pressing certain random buttons in said order to capture a creature or to catch the fish. It's not fun, it's not a good way to define professions and a dealbreaker for players who is not too interested in combat and want to feel like they have mastered a system your regular all day grinder cannot bother with. Hope lifeskill systems will not be simplified.
  • Will there be earnable in game freehold and caravan/ship skins?
  • Hi want to master alchemy and was wondering would mastering farming help a lot with alchemy or will it only supply low level ingredients for it ? As I am not sure if I want to master farming if that’s the case and will master animal husbandry instead. But having the option to master 3 would help me a lot with my choice
  • If ship building isn't a profession now, can you please explain specifically on how they are now built?

This may help you:
    "Ship building

Ship building can be carried out by any player in possession of the right components, recipes, and an advanced enough node with a harbor.[44][45]

Various professions can craft ship components.[44] These components can be sold to other players.[46]
    Previously it was stated that players utilize the ship components that are crafted by ship builders.[46][16][47][48]
    Ships are built in adherence to a recipe. That recipe requires components. Those components adhere to different crafting professions that require a player to intersect and/or craft or purchase those components from the different professions and then once they have those accumulated they can do the construction process through the recipe system at a harbor.[44]
    Ships may only be crafted or upgraded in harbor crafting stations that are unlocked by the advancement of coastal nodes.[46][47][49]
    Players can choose which "joints" get populated with either offensive weaponry, defensive, or utility attachments they want on their ship prior to construction completion.[43][50][51] The types of attachments that are available are dictated by the ship's class.[43] – Steven Sharif
    Movement, Durability, Speed, Turn rate, Hit points, Defensive and Damage abilities.[52][46][16][48]
    Weapon slots.[52]
    Aesthetic customization.[53][48]
    There are absolutely attachments that can apply to the ship and some of those are decorative in nature. There are also slots that have utility aspects to them as well but are also decorative.[53] – Steven Sharif
    Ships will likely not have closed spaces or internal compartments such as Captain's quarters.[54]
    We are trying to stay away from internal compartments within the ships because that presents a whole different type of user interface and flow that can be a bit cumbersome and problematic, especially in combat and in closed spaces. So we're trying to stay away from that under deck aspect and keep things all on deck for better readability on the player side.[55] – Steven Sharif
    "
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Ships#Ship_building
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited November 2022
    Claww wrote: »
    i think very underrated topic is the way damage numbers look. The design of the numbers are so important for the gameplay imo. To give an example World of Warcraft is a good example or maybe a unique one like Cabal Online.

This may help you:

""User interface settings

User interface settings will allow detailed customization of Ashes of Creation.[1][2][3]

Player customization options are paramount when it comes to UI. That is a very subjective thing that we've all become- our own flavors we like out of certain components of the UI; and so instead of trying to force down the throat of our players a specific approach to UI, why do that when we can develop options and customization that the players can influence themselves: That includes color compositions, it includes text sizes, includes bolded, it includes options of which informations you're choosing to display, scaling.[4] – Steven Sharif
    Selecting different UI flavors.[1]
    Resizing, moving, recoloring UI components.[4][1]
    Text sizes, text boldness.[4]
    Combat text, such as damage, criticals and crowd-control.[5][6]

Target reticles appearances may be offered.[7]
    Combat targeting templates and decals may be offered.[8]
    Adjusting screen shake.[9][10]
    User interface scale adjustments may be provided.[4][11]
    User interface settings are saved locally.[2]
    "
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/User_interface_settings
  • linokami wrote: »
    Are you considering a prison system to keep griefers who are running amok in check?

The Bounty Hunting system is designed for this purpose.

This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Bounty_hunters
  • Drew_932 wrote: »

This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Seasonal_events
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Concerning backpack inventory: So far it looks like there is only one backpack, if that is so, will mounts, pets, combat pets, plus gatherables, processed goods, and crafted items all share this one backpack, or will there be separate places for these items that will not fill up the one backpack?
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• How do you plan to balance the difference between small/large guilds in terms of size/buffs? Especially when an alliance can contain 4 guilds. What's stopping a large guild from dividing itself into 4 smaller guilds to utilize the buff system? Won't this be the meta and thus bypassing the system design?

Also, I think the max guild size of 300 (1200 for alliance) is too large. If a server can only have 8-10k concurrent players won't this mean an alliance can never bring their full force to bear and thus meta will be smaller guilds split into alliances for buffs?
  • Will there be a hard caps on the number of players who be attackers or defenders in a node siege?
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited November 2022
    TNP_Booms wrote: »
    I'm going to risk two different topics...

Do you think flying mounts are a flawed and destructive feature to player experience? What are the limitations to flying mounts? Are there plans to make them only usable in specific areas? Maybe an event must be completed to gain temporary access to flying (hopefully with limitations similar to guild wars). Or extra rewards for staying grounded. One thing I really dislike in modern wow is the ability to just fly over any potential threat, so if you do think it is a slippery feature, I would be interested to hear your potential cures for this.

Also will our characters have a voice during quest dialogue etc? Even something as limited as the guild wars 2 route of 1 voice per race/sex would be greatly appreciated :)

You can wait for the alrdy known answer, making them answer you live, bypassing other questions, or you can do a tiny bit of research, right now, and see how limited mounts have been mentioned to be (numerous times).

(Same for the voice acting question. The tiniest of searches will give you the result.)
  • TNP_Booms wrote: »
    I'm going to risk two different topics...

Do you think flying mounts are a flawed and destructive feature to player experience? What are the limitations to flying mounts? Are there plans to make them only usable in specific areas? Maybe an event must be completed to gain temporary access to flying (hopefully with limitations similar to guild wars). Or extra rewards for staying grounded. One thing I really dislike in modern wow is the ability to just fly over any potential threat, so if you do think it is a slippery feature, I would be interested to hear your potential cures for this.

Also will our characters have a voice during quest dialogue etc? Even something as limited as the guild wars 2 route of 1 voice per race/sex would be greatly appreciated :)

You can wait for the alrdy known answer, making them answer you live, bypassing other questions, or you can do a tiny bit of research, right now, and see how limited mounts have been mentioned to be (numerous times).

(Same for the voice acting question. The tiniest of searches will give you the result.)

I do not see the option to remove my post so I've requested a manager to delete it
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Hello again glorious Ashes of Creation community! Thank you to everyone who stopped by and shared a question with us for this month’s stream.

Q&A submissions are now closed, and we’ll see you at 11AM Pacific on Wednesday, November 30 for our livestream!

twitch.tv/ashesofcreation
    community_management.gif
  • Do we have an ETA as to when you plan on releasing what the specific types of buildings the skins for free holds will go on as well as what types of boats the skins of boats will go on that have already been sold and will be sold in the future from the cash shop?
  • angelicshiyaangelicshiya Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will the mayor be able to create a building plan for his metropolis (stage 6) that allows a barbershop/character custimazation editor; To change their hair design/color, weight (gain lose/weight) age, eyes, tattoos etc?
  • Unreal Engine 5.1 was recently released, showcasing new features that seem great for MMO development. How does Intrepid approach new engine features? Implement right away or wait?
  • Will crouching / proximity stealthing be a thing for all classes?
    Example: Being able to pickpocket NPC's, scout enemies, hide from enemies etc. Basically same stealth system as ESO.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • @FreedomBlad
    If ship building isn't a profession now, can you please explain specifically on how they are now built?

I believe this has been covered and that various parts will be crafted by multiple professions, and the requisite parts would then need to be gathered and taken to a shipyard/dock and "assembled" into a ship.
  • @linokami
    linokami wrote: »
    Are you considering a prison system to keep griefers who are running amok in check?

No. The systems AoC uses to mitigate griefing are called Player Corruption and Bounty Hunters.

Player corruption: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_corruption

Bounty Hunters: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Bounty_hunters
  • @darthaden
    darthaden wrote: »
    If we pick a crafting profession how limited will we be with gathering? If we pick a gathering profession will we at least be able to craft low quality items?

while a character may only master one of the three parent artisan classes, they can achieve up to tier 3 or tier 4 proficiency in professions that are not mastered.

Artisan Classes: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Artisan_classes
  • @Drew_932
    Drew_932 wrote: »

yes.

Seasonal Events: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Seasonal_events
  • 30 november is wednesday, so:
    Will there be a frog in the game that says "It's wednesday my dudes"?