Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Video! - Gloria Victis farming - some ideas you could take

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF5agl2O8wo

I like farming in GV because you can do many things in farms, like collecting honey and beeswax for hardening leather, collecting fish when farm is near rivers/lakes, basically what I would like is to hire crew and let them collect fish/make honey and do these kind of stuff while I do farming, and when I am waiting for crops I can go on every 5min gather fish from that standing poll and get some honey and beeswax, maybe some other things too?

What do you think guys?

Comments

• AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Btw I learnt just now that you can grow crops faster when you are standing nearby and removing weeds/watering when its needed, also using fertilizer can reduce full harvesting from 22min to 14min initial time (cannot be used multiple times), but thing is that you will get same materials if you do not do these things, it will just take longer time to grow. Basically whenever you remove weeds or water plant when it goes dry it reduces time around 2min. This could be nice addition for people that like doing farming only, so that they don't just stand semi afk, although weeds do not grow often, like every 3min same with plant going dry, it sometimes does not happen at all, depends, idk how they did system like this, sometimes I need to water/remove weeds 3-4 times, sometimes not even once...
  • also during the night I did not need to water plants, and also when it is raining it waters plants even when you plant seed at first time you dont need to water it..
    also during the night I did not need to water plants, and also when it is raining it waters plants even when you plant seed at first time you dont need to water it..

Yes, this is how most games with farming systems work.

I'm sure that Ashes will be at least as good as those.

• Cool, this looks great, btw, one question - If I buy house that means that only I can farm in there and no one else, or is it shared with others?
    Cool, this looks great, btw, one question - If I buy house that means that only I can farm in there and no one else, or is it shared with others?

You can give some other people permission to do some things there.

Farming is PROBABLY one of those things. Check the link I gave you.

• Cool, this looks great, btw, one question - If I buy house that means that only I can farm in there and no one else, or is it shared with others?

It’s your freehold, yes.
  • I wonder how that will work, seems that I need alpha 2 to min max economy so I can buy one for me haha xD I wanted to do farming/cooking professions and play medival mechant
  • I wonder how that will work, seems that I need alpha 2 to min max economy so I can buy one for me haha xD I wanted to do farming/cooking professions and play medival mechant

Alpha 2 is a comprehensive testing of game systems, @VekoCrnogorac … not just Freeholds.

Depending on your personal willpower for testing, it may (or may not) be a worthwhile investment for you.

We probably won’t have fully fleshed out trade skills until Beta, however.
  • how long do you think alpha 2 will last? I am skeptical whether or not I should buy alpha 2, if its going to last 1 year with beta 1 beta 2 included + 6 months of game time, I will buy it probably, if its going to be 2-3 months then no for sure...
    edited November 2022
    how long do you think alpha 2 will last? I am skeptical whether or not I should buy alpha 2, if its going to last 1 year with beta 1 beta 2 included + 6 months of game time, I will buy it probably, if its going to be 2-3 months then no for sure...

However long it takes to do all the testing and refinement.

If you're thinking in terms of 'your value for money in game time' you probably shouldn't buy it at all. It might be fun because Ashes is really good, but our goal is to BREAK it, and 'find all the parts that are not fun'.

If you are having too much fun in Alpha-2, you're PROBABLY doing it wrong, or the Alpha will end soon after that.

• No, I am saying that I would like to get house before others in official launch, so I can do what I like to do... omg
    No, I am saying that I would like to get house before others in official launch, so I can do what I like to do... omg

Haha, don't worry, I actually did understand what you meant.

The general trend of your posts and such has been pretty clear and spot on! Gotta get ahead of the competition in the most suitable market available, right?

I, for one, really appreciate how transparent you've been about your desires for the game and the reasons for them. It's been really effective for analyzing what type of player/person you are, I think. I would figure it's clear to Intrepid as well.

If that's the case, you should probably grab the Alpha-2 pack so you can get ahead of the game. You're already doing a great job of letting Intrepid know your motivations for your feedback, and so on. I'm sure they could use your contribution.

• Thanks for such kind words @Azherae haha I am ashamed indeed... I will buy alpha 2 and I hope it will last for 1year with beta 1 and 2 included so I can actually play 1 and half year with 250 dollar spent, it would be great since I spend around same amount of money for gaming over the 2 years so yea... AoC looks amazing, I sometimes think why friends called me to try vanilla WoW... Can't you imagine that person with these kind of hard core ideas played retail wow some 4 years ago xD I was typical modern wow player without any sense of RPG, but I realized these types of games are being played not because of action/combat, but because of immersion mainly, because when you see PVP in open world and you get it action, you are immersed in no other way that LoL can offer you for example...

I started wow in 2008 when it was classic, I did play on private servers, but I never thought of it like I do now when I grew up, I always liked open world PVP and ''immersion'' but I was never aware of what it is xD