Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

New player organization. Talking amongst ourselves.

I have reviewed and watched every Youtube video talking about node importance. I am used to working with guilds and friends to build teams. It occurred to me that new players should band together before picking a starting zone. This will allow players to not feel totally alone at start up. And allow teams to help develop a node and to become significant. Thoughts about pre-game launch player organizations?

Comments

• People will obviously do this on discord and other places. Don't think Intrepid need to provide any particular features for this, if that's what you were asking about.
  • go live wherever you want and find people there with mutual interests
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I have reviewed and watched every Youtube video talking about node importance. I am used to working with guilds and friends to build teams. It occurred to me that new players should band together before picking a starting zone. This will allow players to not feel totally alone at start up. And allow teams to help develop a node and to become significant. Thoughts about pre-game launch player organizations?

If you want you can check out the guild forums for your region.

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/categories/aoc-guild-recruitment
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Guild recruitment is a start. Thanx.
  • TBH, I think this is a good idea. After playing Eve Online for so long with a ton of people, it can be hard to be alone in a new game. I understand that people do this on Discord or other groups, but I think it would be worth it if it was an option when you start off.
  • wakkytabbakywakkytabbaky Member
    edited November 2022
    alot of mmo servers begin to develop an official player discord based server for that server, in ashes it will alot of the time just require googling for the server discord if their is one. but for casual players alot of what they do wont affect the zone progression per say but more of the upkeep, alot of the hardcore guilds have their plans etc already and the casual players are more of just a percentage / additional contribution.

my thoughts to any real casual players is too just play how you want find a node / town / metropolis to your liking and stick with it. obviously some places will dominate over others in some servers but it all boils down to how you want to spend your time.
  • DiamahtDiamaht Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    A guild recruitment interface would be good. In other words I think Intrepid should provide solid tools for players to find each other.

I don't like the idea of preset/default guilds. FFXIV and Eve both have versions of this in place and it actually detracts from the early gameplay experience instead of helping.

The default newb channels tend to have a negative vibe and are usually filled with solo lifers who give bad advice.