Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, December 2, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

Comments

• I am not sure if this has been asked but I will ask anyway. Since weapons are an open choice for all classes, can a tank class operate with a two handed weapon and still mitigate decent damage. Like maybe resistances based on class tree towards resistances vs down a shield tree. I ask cause I like being tanky but also dps capable, more like a Paladin from D&D 3.5. Thank you, keep up the great work! I love the direction this is going from an old Archeage player that lost hope.
  • Ashes says it is against pay to win from a game/business standpoint. How does this stance relate to in game pay to win such as GDKP (gold dragon keeper points) raids and other content where players pay in game gold in exchange for top-tier items. Is this practice going to be allowed in Ashes?
  • TiltShiftTiltShift Member
    edited November 2022
    I am thinking of being a crafter. What class do you think would be best for this? I want to be able to mine/farm and still being able give myself a fighting chance or a good chance of running away. And do different classes have different carrying capacity?
  • What do y'all feel about adding a name that is shared throughout all of one's character?
    This can prevent people from creating alt characters and anonymously trolling in chat or around town.
    (unless they get an entirely new account/sub). In previous games, you could right-click the character or chat window to see someone's account name.
  • Arthus DawnbreakerArthus Dawnbreaker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You've talked a lot about how our own cities will change and transform, but we have yet to see any other cities, towns, ruins, tribes, or other areas of interest and how those will change or pop up as the world changes. Will there be other cities that are not owned by players that will be in the game to explore?
    how will armor fit all races? With the showcase of your awesome character creator and with so many ways to change the shape and size of your character i find it hard to believe that all armor will fit all races, sizes, and shapes without distortion on the armor.
    How will a crafter sell their items? Are you introducing a work order system to make it easier for the crafters to find buyers to sell and purchase items from crafters in the world?
  • GalaturcGalaturc Member
    edited November 2022
    Based on what we viewed in the last episode with varying climates and various weather effects, will there be a requirement for different types of gear to more efficiently function in the given biome? Heavy coats and fur in the north vs leather and silk in the south?
  • GalaturcGalaturc Member
    edited November 2022
    Will the climate impact various skills or spells? It would make sense that the player should extend varying amounts of energy or mana for skills and spells relevant to the climate: for instance, cold weather may not require the player to wear a warm coat, but they will spend more energy or mana for the same skills/spells especially if they involve fire or flame... and less energy or mana for skills/spells that may involve freezing or ice.
  • namcostnamcost Member, Intrepid Pack
    Possible deep dive on crafting? Will materials have quality levels? like you could find red wood ql30 and red wood ql50? or will all redwood just be the same? will there be enough materials to make crafting feel unique? various trees, metals, etc? will crafters be able to make items look a specific way, as sort of a way of standing out? like what if I found a wand blueprint that gives me "split wand" appearance, where the tip of the wand is actually split in two and glows between the splits? maybe someone else finds a blueprint that gives them twist wand appearance, so they make wands where the tip is split, but then spiraled together like a DNA strand.... it would be cool if each crafter (master craftsmen) could have their own "signature" gear they make that people like to "go to them for" because "they make what they like".... like if a dagger crafter would make a dragon bone dagger and it has a specific look and you have to visit that players shop to custom order or buy what they have in stock. it would be epic. maybe instead of blueprints you could make the appearance a minigame where you can tweak the model in game? that would be hard to program but epic in the long run.... so any chance for a nice crafting deep dive?
  • EmberstoneEmberstone Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will there be a /played feature?
    ftcm67938qg3.gif
  • Falconer class question : does the falcon be pet based or summoned based? and related question , will the falcon hover around the character or the falcon only appear on skill cast?
  • I want to see how woods and citys look at the night. Never saw AoC at nighttime
  • Someone here might be able to answer this, but does the open world have events/event chains? As a GW2 player, i love roaming around and just coming upon events. trying to play other open worlds that don't have event encounters like that, makes roaming and exploring very boring (New World for example). With the fact that there are seasons in this game, theres a huge opportunity to make these events change with the season. In the Spring you might help someone fortify themselves, where in the winter you might help them hunt. would be an amazing system so that even when you replay the same events in an area, the event itself might change a bit depending on the season or even the weather. would make it feel very alive.
  • BigSkillet wrote: »
    I would love to hear your thoughts on why we couldn't have just one server instead of multiple. Eve Online has only one server and has had as many as 50k players playing at the same time (maybe more). Or at least consider increasing the server size. Is it because you don't believe the world is big enough to house that many players? The server architecture is definitely there.

or even free flowing servers like GW2. the possibility of joining a locked in server that dies out and having to switch and all that should be a thing of the past.
  • GarrenGarren Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will Martial primary classes that pick Ranger as a secondary class gain access to Bow weapons or ranged combat?
  • If a player acquires a bounty at a node will other players who work at that node be able to arrest them after defeating them? If so how would that jail time be implemented and would it cause the player to lose any corruption?
  • How will deleveling of a node and/or changes depending on type (military / scientific, i.e.), plus raids and seiges affect player housing in a high level node?
    Add: What is the minimum level a node must be for there to be player housing?
  • In a world where Alts exist, what is the reasoning behind artificially limiting how many artisan classes can be mastered per character?
  • Len614 wrote: »
    Will we be able to hit enemies from anywhere in the world as long as they are in range of our abilities/attacks or will their be an evade mechanic as seen in other MMORPGs like WOW, GW2,etc that resets enemies health if they cannot fight back?

Hopefully they dont reset health and the AI is smart enough for the enemy to get out of range or find a way to you. Ive always felt the health reset is for lazy programming. Only time it would be remotely relevant is if the character can fly and can get to a ledge that is otherwise impossible for mob to reach but this again can be overcome by the mob retreating
  • Can we fly spaceships? B)<3:D
  • KenpachiKenpachi Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Since AoC's heavily inspired by Arcehage, will the fishing system be as engaging as sport fishing in Arcehage?
    fv7coklhg6va.png
  • Following the relatively recent Dev Discussion about Tanks it would be interesting to hear Stevens view on Tanks, especially in a PvP setting. What should a Tank (not) be able to do?

In my opinion tanks are about area control and disruption. This can mean interrupting monsters or taunting them to get threat, this can also mean buffing allies and soaking some of their damage.
    The same should stand true in a PvP setting, Tanks should not be able to out-DPS actual damage classes, but should be able to provide plenty of other utility and disruption.
    There are many ways this could be expressed to feel rewarding to play without being as oppressive as the occasional tank in PvP in other games. Examples could be crowd control, debuffs, buff strips, physical blocking of players/projectiles or even creating terrain like the siege ability already shown.
  • In terms of the PvP corruption system, what is keeping a player from griefing a lot or getting a high corruption and then just going and putting everything in a bank system or handing off gear to someone else and dying until they have no more corruption?
  • daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited December 2022
    Habranth wrote: »
    In terms of the PvP corruption system, what is keeping a player from griefing a lot or getting a high corruption and then just going and putting everything in a bank system or handing off gear to someone else and dying until they have no more corruption?

The Banking system will be within a node's settlement. Any Corrupted griefer entering the settlement will instantly be mobbed by the NPC guards. This isn't going to be a practical place for a Corrupted griefer to be.

Regarding the 'handing items to a friend' thing, Player to Player trading is disabled when Corrupted.
    "Player to player trading, interacting with vendors or NPCs, and the ability to store items in public warehouses is disabled for corrupt players.[11][35]
    Corrupt players will be able to utilize private storage in their Freeholds.[35]
    "
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Corruption

If they can make it back to their freehold (assuming they have one) without being killed, then sure, they can drop off their stuff there.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Crgwal wrote: »
    Can we fly spaceships? B)<3:D

Yes. Become the mayor of a node, or the ruler of a castle, and you'll get a Flying Mount.
    Name the Flying Mount: "spaceships".
    You can now fly spaceships.
  • Add: What is the minimum level a node must be for there to be player housing?

This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Node_stages
  • When it comes to leveling. How long do you think it will take to reach max level?
  • RealmHunterRealmHunter Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What is the current iteration of resurrection mid fight? Is this allowed? And what happens when someone is resurrected?