Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, December 2, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

12346»

Comments

• VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Greetings everyone - thank you so much again for sharing your questions with us, and for tuning in for today's livestream! In case you didn't hear us cover your question on the stream, it may be because we've shared an answer previously - check out more on that below!

@Antarchy (question), @Billzbub (question 1, 2, 3), @BigSkillet (1, 2) @BigE (question), @Arya_Yeshe (question), @Claww (question), @shadowraze96 (question), @BaSkA13_ (question), @Hartassen (question), @Gutzgore (question) - - Please only post one question next time as requested, and if you only posted one question, please make sure to keep it as direct/succinct as possible - that way it's more likely to be picked!

@OnyStyle (question) - With the ever-changing and fluid nature of Verra, players will see content come and go with various and both predictable and unpredictable player-driven decisions being a main factor. The event system and the node system are just two of many that will act as a catalyst for change and variance in the world of Verra! I highly recommend reading these provided wiki links to learn more about the many systems of Ashes of Creation! <3

@Talents (question) - Players will have the opportunity to play with many different systems and mechanics, as well as various iterations of systems as they're rolled out, tested, and as we receive feedback during the duration of Alpha Two! ^_^

@Babayugah (question) - We would love to have the Character Creator in the hands of players before Alpha Two! :)

@Azuru (question) - "... Their cultural markers are also going to be a combination of different influences, so they're very differently constructed culture than what is found in the other eight races." - Steven Sharif You can read more about the Tulnar here, on the wiki!

@Sekaar (question) - If I understand your question correctly, then this responsibility would fall under myself and the rest of the Community team here at Intrepid! We will be working with players (including content creators) every day, even more so once Alpha Two releases!

@-T0Mb- (question) - We will have to wait and see what the world of Verra has in store of us! ;)

@Intremour (question) - Up to eight players of the same primary archetype can band together to create monumental effects during a siege. This is called a Siege Summon! You can learn more about them here, on the wiki!

@killergermel (question) - A large percentage of the game's systems will be featured in Alpha Two, so we would love if the map in it's entirety be present during Alpha Two.

@Barab (question) - Hiya! We recently gave an update regarding the Mariner classes! You can read more about the Mariner classes here, on the wiki!

@Texaslizard (question) - Yes, this is a planned feature :) I highly recommend checking out the wiki, where you can learn more about the Character Creator as well as other subjects!

@Benjamimic (question) - Please stay tuned for more information regarding the land management system as we progress further in development!

@Combat_Wombatz (question) - Steven recently said this; "A player could in theory level to max level at a single node, providing that node was at a high-enough stage, but it would not be the most effective means of leveling." which I believe could also apply to leveling up via only naval content.

@Voeltz (question) - Here are three examples of how node reputation may affect a player: NPCs may react differently to players based on their node reputation. A negative node reputation might result in higher prices (for goods or services sold at that node). NPC guards will kill corrupted players on sight. You can read more about reputation here, on the wiki!

@MisterRagnar (question) - Buying your own treasure is currently not a planned feature of Ashes of Creation :) You can read more about treasures here, on the wiki!

@NiKr (question), @Len614 (question) - Please stay tuned for more information regarding details of the hybrid combat system as we progress further in development :)

@SparkyJCB (question), @Fantmx (question), @Sometimesmiles (question) - The team is still hard at work ironing out the details of the many systems involved with freehold building & ship cosmetics! Please stay tuned for more information as we progress further in development :)

@NyceGaming (question) - Our goal is to have all 8 archetypes ready for testing during Alpha Two! :) You can learn more about what is currently planned for Alpha Two here, on the wiki!

@FreedomBlad (question) - You can read up on what has been said regarding ship building here, on the wiki!

@Ruined (question) , @Sago65 (question) - There will be quests in Ashes of Creation that feature different dialogue options that may change the outcome of the quest :)

@NewWolf (question) - Please stay tuned for more information regarding classes and augments as we progress further in development! ^_^

@intrepidkiwi (question) - Certain elite monsters that are not assigned to any particular hunting ground roam throughout the world. Other mobs will have leashes that will cause the mob to reset if it moves too far from its point of origin. You can read more about what has been said regarding mobs here, on the wiki!

@poisonz (question) - We will have to wait and see 😈

@mcnasty (question), @DoctorRogue (question) - Players will have many different means and opportunities to alter their character. In addition, The effectiveness of classes, skills, and gear is going to depend on the adversary or the encounter. This design aims to avoid any obvious meta or "cookie-cutter" builds in Ashes of Creation.​ You can read more on classes and meta here, on the wiki!

@neuroguy (question) - There's a super helpful video on the topic of mayoral caravans that you can watch here!

@AshRen (question) - There is a ton of info about node buildings, node stages, and racial influence on nodes here, on the wiki!

@RowniSciponi (question) - You can read more about what has been said regarding gear binding here, on the wiki!

@Spodos (question) - Encounters in Ashes of Creation will be easy to understand yet hard to master. You can read more about encounters here, on the wiki!

@Lineager (question) - Some parlor games will be dice games, others will be card games, and some will be less savory. Parlor games may use a secondary currency and/or gold but this is subject to further testing :) You can read more about parlor games here, on the wiki!

@WHIT3ROS3 (question) - The metropolis stages are certainly making great progress in development but aren't quite at the stage of development that we generally like to showcase things in! :)

@Ozijak (question) - Yes, there may be exceedingly rare things in Verra that might be quite uncommon to come by :)

@Myosotys (question) - Ashes of Creation will feature unsafe areas where PvP is automatically flagged. For example, the open seas. :)

@MsDarkwhil (question) - You can read more about citizenship here, on the wiki!

@Reflet (question) - Summoners summon different summons, depending on the class and augments they choose. You can read more about summoners here, and the gathering profession of taming here

@Trenker (question) - Starting areas are located near one of the four divine gateways where players spawn into the world. You can read more about starting areas, as well as all the other information we've shared for Ashes of Creation here, on the wiki!

@Sengarden (question) - I'm not sure we fully understand your question 😅 Would you mind rewording it for us for the next Q&A?

@Pipomam (question) - Currently, there is not a planned spell or scroll to remove the XP debt upon resurrection. You can read more about Player Death here, on the wiki! Keep in mind that much of this is subject to further testing :)

@Wortex (question) - Starting areas are not tied to the node system. You can read more about starting areas here, on the wiki!

@Liliosa (question) - This will totally be up to your own creativity, interpretation, and perception :) It is worth noting that Ashes of Creation will feature a robust character creator and plenty of gear appearances!

@Contortzz (question) - We haven't announced any dates for our next Development Update Livestream. Stay tuned to our socials for any Ashes of Creation news!

@yandererr (question) - Players may be able to hunt for treasures and other hidden things in the world of Verra :) You can learn more about treasure hunting here, on the wiki!

@Samakaze (question) - Our UI and customization will be robust, allowing for plenty of customization with the HUD :)

@Elano (question) - You can read up on what has been said regarding summoners, including what they can summon here, on the wiki!

@Syldon (question) - Please stay tuned for more information regarding the land management system as we progress further in development!

@Ryozo (question), @Punkte (question), @Vi Fallen (question) - We're always looking at the latest technology to see what would make sense for our team to implement!

@Schwann36 (question), @Sorcres (question), @MMOAddict (question) - Please stay tuned for more information regarding archetypes and archetype abilities as we progress further in development! :)

@DougBug27 (question) - While nodes will certainly be PoIs in their own right, Verra will offer plenty of PoIs for players to explore :)

@Liniker (question) - We have not announced any dates or details for upcoming spot tests at this time. ^_^ Be sure to stay up to date on the latest announcements here, on our socials!

@linokami (question) - Currently, a prison system is not a planned feature of Ashes of Creation.

@SunScript (question) - Cosmetic pets are just that - cosmetic. They won't have any impact on gameplay outside of looking good 😎. Ashes of Creation is strictly NO PW2. One of the purposes behind the items in the cosmetic packs and the packs themselves is to help fill Verra with many different buildings, creations, appearances, etc. The Quarrier will likely exist in Verra outside of just being a cosmetic pet, as Steven mentions here :)

@darthaden (question) - A character will be able to achieve up to tier 3 or tier 4 proficiency in professions that are not mastered. You can read more about artisan classes here, on the wiki!

@Backstabjoe (question) - We have not announced any upcoming dates or further details for Alpha Two. Be sure to stay up to date on the latest announcements here, on our socials!

@Lithion (question) - Certain mount skins will likely be applicable to mules. We'll have further information regarding cosmetic skins as we progress closer toward Alpha Two ^_^

@Drew_932 (question) - Ashes of Creation will feature many different events, including seasonal holidays ^_^ You can read more about seasonal events here, on the wiki!

@Rushzies (question) - This is a feature we would love to see present in Ashes of Creation! Stay tuned for more information regarding freeholds as we progress further in development ^_^

@xlangatangx (question) - Sanctus is a key story arc, that will likely have very little revealed about it prior to the Betas. You can read more about what has been said regarding Sanctus here, on the wiki!

@Wolfreak (question), @Aces_Are_Wild (question) - Please stay tuned for more information regarding artisan classes as we progress further in development :)

@Hazerduhs (question) - Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means. Cosmetics achievable in-game will be on-par, and in the case of legendary skins, even more elaborate than shop items. You can read more about cosmetics here, on the wiki!

@T Elf (question) - Players will have many different means of storing their goods. You can read more about storage options here, on the wiki!

@Craiken (question) - The minimum goal is for 250x250 players to be on a single battlefield. It is hoped that this can be increased to 500x500 over time. You can read more about sieges here, on the wiki!

@LordPax (question) - Ashes of Creation won't feature a typical end-game experience. Between the node system, or the event system, or even the crafting systems, there will be many incentives to do some content more than once.

@SnowElf (question) - That's a tough one! Personally, I'll always love the arc of Arthas Menethil and The Lich King ^_^

If you didn't see your name tagged in this post, then it is likely that we received your question after our Q&A closed! We hope to see you again next month for another Q&A and livestream!

@Tyranthraxus (question), @Novachrono (question), @Drunkninja (question), @Dolyem (question), @Churchplayz (question), @Castai (question), @Jahlon (question) - Congratulations! Your questions were answered by Steven and Margaret on the livestream! Be sure to check out the VoD on YouTube in case you missed it live! :)

@Cadac (question), @Etalim (question), @Mazterroo (question), @GrilledCheeseMojito (question), @Goalid (question), @Kubitz2 (question), @DigitalDayDream (question), @Strevi (question) - Your questions were ones we hoped to have gotten to on stream but didn't quite have time. We'd love it if you come by next month for the next development update livestream to ask them again! ^_^
    community_management.gif
  • MyosotysMyosotys Member
    edited December 2022
    Myosotys wrote: »
    Have you thought about creating a continuously corrupted land area where there would be no rules (no corruption for PK)?

Im thinking about areas with bosses or ressources to be contested.

I'm thinking also about a dark, gloomy, depressing and terrifying RP zone where PvP players could ease their frustrations. I imagine also an increased gear loot rate if you die. Of course, the player should be well warned and should think twice before entering this area.

7cd96amsxq3j.png

@Vaknar Thank you but I was careful to specify "land area".
  • CastaiCastai Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Tyranthraxus (question), @Novachrono (question), @Drunkninja (question), @Dolyem (question), @Churchplayz (question), @Castai (question), @Jahlon (question) - Congratulations! Your questions were answered by Steven and Margaret on the livestream! Be sure to check out the VoD on YouTube in case you missed it live! :)

I did it!
    youtube.com/watch?v=I_LhGxdKBNQ&t=5210s youtube.com/watch?v=nOd9PV6jcqU&t=4668s
    youtube.com/watch?v=gFYd9TJiRDQ&t=4209s youtube.com/watch?v=TpBSGYWxd38&t=4969s
    youtube.com/watch?v=RetA3thzdiM&t=5100s
  • 🧟‍♂️ In case you missed it, check out our November Development Update to catch up on the latest news! https://youtu.be/I_LhGxdKBNQ

[Edited the OP as well to include it. ;)]
    marketing.gif
  • VoeltzVoeltz Member
    edited December 2022
    @Vaknar I have read the wiki and know those examples already. What I am asking for is more details, more clarification on the system that's been vaguely referenced
    Have you thought about creating a continuously corrupted land area where there would be no rules (no corruption for PK)?

Im thinking about areas with bosses or ressources to be contested.

I'm thinking also about a dark, gloomy, depressing and terrifying RP zone where PvP players could ease their frustrations. I imagine also an increased gear loot rate if you die. Of course, the player should be well warned and should think twice before entering this area.

7cd96amsxq3j.png

@Vaknar Thank you but I was careful to specify "land area".

Ahh, I see! There will be open PvP land areas. For example, after successful node sieges! This is from the wiki: "After a node is destroyed, the footprint of the node will enter a ruined state and will become an open PvP zone for a number of days equal to the node's level. These ruins consist of a debris field of treasures that are lootable by players entering the area." You can read more about it here!
    community_management.gif
    Castai wrote: »

I did it!

Woo! Ty for the great question :)
    community_management.gif
    Voeltz wrote: »
    @Vaknar I have read the wiki and know those examples already. What I am asking for is more details, more clarification on the system that's been vaguely referenced

Ahh, I see.

We'll certainly have more information for you regarding this topic as we progress further in development! ^_^
    community_management.gif
  • S8credS8cred Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Howdy Ashes People,
    For the Dev team! I noticed in all of the current development videos that there are a lot of "fog" and "mist" ground effects. Are there any plans to create passive character interactions with the environment? Abilities that offer advantages i.e.: Rangers or Rogues can use the foggy areas to create an advantage or to initiate in or out of stealth. (Fog lets you go invisible!)
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Vaknar

Should I re-ask next month also or is my question one of those things that can't be answered yet?

Happy to move on to other questions rather than pushing on that one, given the likelihood of that, but if there just wasn't time, I'll ask again next time.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

edited December 2022
    S8cred wrote: »
    Howdy Ashes People,
    For the Dev team! I noticed in all of the current development videos that there are a lot of "fog" and "mist" ground effects. Are there any plans to create passive character interactions with the environment? Abilities that offer advantages i.e.: Rangers or Rogues can use the foggy areas to create an advantage or to initiate in or out of stealth. (Fog lets you go invisible!)

Great question for the next Q&A! This one has concluded :wink:
    community_management.gif
    Azherae wrote: »
    @Vaknar

Should I re-ask next month also or is my question one of those things that can't be answered yet?

Happy to move on to other questions rather than pushing on that one, given the likelihood of that, but if there just wasn't time, I'll ask again next time.

Hey! Thanks for tagging me and asking this. I didn't realize I hadn't tagged you in the Q&A response comment. My apologies!

I went back and looked at my notes. Looks like your question was one we wanted to get to on stream but didn't have time for. If you ask again next month, the odds of it being asked will be better! ^_^ ty! <3
    community_management.gif