Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Spell Creation / Customized Skills / Unique Skills?

I would like to be able to make my own skills, something that's so unique with so many differentiators that there is unlikely anyone else in the world with a skill exactly like mine. Will AoC allow for this? Into The Echo is an upcoming MMO game that has something similar, there have been multiple games in the past that would let us create our own skills / weapons/ etc, where its like a billion to 1 that our thing in unique. I would like to do that in Ashes too
Axiom-Guild-Signature-Template.png

Comments

• Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2022
    I am not sure if they have ruled customization like you describe it out explicitly. However, nothing they have said or shown supports a system like that being included. Skills can be augmented based on choice of secondary archetype, but they won't be custom in that sense.
  • Options
    Would be cool, @zombinvestor ... but I'm sure Intrepid has it's hands full with the class and archetype skills alone.

Maybe it's something they include in expansion content as a major feature.
  • Options
    That would be cool. There's some videos about what games have had the best spell creation systems.
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The original Elder Scrolls game Arena, had a great spell generator. You got to select all kinds of things to make it do from heals to fire or lightning AOE, buffs to stats or whatever possible spell abilities the game allow. Would love to see an MMO do something like this but alas don't think Ashes will do such a thing.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    WarthWarth Member
    Considering, that it hasn't been mentioned at all over the past 5 years, i think we can pretty safely assume that this isn't in the scope of the release version.
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    As @Nerror pointed out, you don't have free range for spell creation or customization.

However with your secondary archetype augments, and other gear and weapon based augments, you can edit the flavor of it to some extent.

So, say you have this one big AOE attack as a Summoner that deals Fire damage. Maybe by becoming a Necromancer (Summoner + Cleric) you can transform that damage into necrotic. And perhaps through other sources of augments, such as on your staff, you can have that AOE Necrotic damage also trigger a DoT on every enemy hit by the initial AoE etc.

So not as free to mix and match, but you have certain degree of control.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    Warth wrote: »
    Considering, that it hasn't been mentioned at all over the past 5 years, i think we can pretty safely assume that this isn't in the scope of the release version.

Yeah, I didn't see anything else about a unique way to train a toon. I had played a few games before with unique spell crafting, or I jumped a lot and leveled up my jumping height in another game, or made a custom gun in rpg games. There's games that have custom combos too. Custom alchemy would be interesting to. Hopefully it's a custom thing that's useful during combat. I supposed this game would have a animal husbandry system to let us make unique animals, could we do something like that for gear?
  • Options
    I supposed this game would have a animal husbandry system to let us make unique animals, could we do something like that for gear?

Another great idea … for after the game launches.