Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Free pass on Corruption

2»

Comments

• novercalisnovercalis Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited January 2023
    but there's not. no tinfoil hat needed.
    {UPK} United Player Killer - All your loot belongs to us.
  • dont even need a full bot, just automatic healing, targeting and attacking. you have a human sitting looking at the character and moving around, and a program which is basically your pvp assistant doing all the PVP for you
  • KrakhunKrakhun Member, Intrepid Pack
    I dont think many people are going to ask, "why are you red?" If someone sees a red player, they are either going to attack or run. Getting rid of bots will probably become Intrepid's job.
  • SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm not going to really stop a PKer for any reason if it doesn't affect my guild or allies.

I'm from your red your dead and full loot, its normal to me.
  • I'd also say if I see someone go corrupt from killing someone who looks like a bot, I'd walk up and high five emote them and hope they remember me if they ever see me as red and maybe give me a pass. Otherwise yea, it's up in the air as far as if I feel like taking them out. May just flip a coin everytime I see a corrupted to decide whether to leave them alone or kill them
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dolyem wrote: »
    I'd also say if I see someone go corrupt from killing someone who looks like a bot, I'd walk up and high five emote them and hope they remember me if they ever see me as red and maybe give me a pass. Otherwise yea, it's up in the air as far as if I feel like taking them out. May just flip a coin everytime I see a corrupted to decide whether to leave them alone or kill them

I am just not gonna attack every corrupted I see because I really don't give a shit.

Everyone partaking in their PvP guild structure will flag at some point. So I assume people will have a reason to go corrupt.
  • Solvryn wrote: »
    I'd also say if I see someone go corrupt from killing someone who looks like a bot, I'd walk up and high five emote them and hope they remember me if they ever see me as red and maybe give me a pass. Otherwise yea, it's up in the air as far as if I feel like taking them out. May just flip a coin everytime I see a corrupted to decide whether to leave them alone or kill them

I am just not gonna attack every corrupted I see because I really don't give a shit.

Everyone partaking in their PvP guild structure will flag at some point. So I assume people will have a reason to go corrupt.

If players will roam solo and see other solo red players, the game failed to create communities.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Dolyem wrote: »

don't u think they would attack u if they see u walking up to them? lol
  • Depraved wrote: »

don't u think they would attack u if they see u walking up to them? lol

Maybe, but they're already at a disadvantage. Not to mention if I RP walk they may not
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • I'd build a campfire and listen to their tales of bot slaying
  • The game will have game masters. Just report the one you suspect of being a bot
  • insomnia wrote: »
    The game will have game masters. Just report the one you suspect of being a bot

w8c8g10uxqjo.gif
    insomnia wrote: »

3 hours later - the GM finally reached this report ticket.

Meanwhile the bot farmed 10k woods and undercut the market by 400%

Wood were selling for 100g a stack is now selling for 5g a stack due to the bot dumping it to get that quick gold and begin it's laundering process or already managed to secure a gold buyer sale.

The Damage is done. Sure they catch the seller and buyer - but the wood economy got fucked in the process
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Bots can also level a node 24/7 until caught.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    The team is taking the issue of bots very seriously. You can read more about current plans here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Security_systems

One key feature is that we'll have a team of active GMs that can be reached to report such issues ^_^
    community_management.gif
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yes active GM's is a big tick in the plus column for me.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Vaknar wrote: »
    The team is taking the issue of bots very seriously. You can read more about current plans here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Security_systems

One key feature is that we'll have a team of active GMs that can be reached to report such issues ^_^

Can you please flag bot characters as permanently corrupt? X'D
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • insomniainsomnia Member
    edited January 2023
    novercalis wrote: »

Wood were selling for 100g a stack is now selling for 5g a stack due to the bot dumping it to get that quick gold and begin it's laundering process or already managed to secure a gold buyer sale.

The Damage is done. Sure they catch the seller and buyer - but the wood economy got fucked in the process

You do know there isn't a worldwide auction house, right?.

Did you see the video, where they cut down trees?. It does take some time. How much wood they got pr. tree, we don't know. Limited inventory. Again this is an unknown number. But it can be increased
  • I didnt really liked what I've read and seen on the corruption system. Seems like it makes it hard to open world pvp
  • I didnt really liked what I've read and seen on the corruption system. Seems like it makes it hard to open world pvp
    It's supposed to make it hard to kill many people who're not fighting back. We don't know how well Intrepid's final balancing of this system will achieve that goal.

Because open world pvp is ment to have a reason to happen. And not just high levels ganking low levels for hours. And let's be honest. Things things will happen, if you don't have a system like the corruption system
  • Red is dead.
    ob4olqinudwv.png

discord.gg/pFCdaWM - Building a community across multiple games,
    including Ashes of Creation! Looking for members of all kinds to really pour
    our all into the Alpha 2, Betas, and then launch.

Did you see the video, where they cut down trees?. It does take some time. How much wood they got pr. tree, we don't know. Limited inventory. Again this is an unknown number. But it can be increased

yes im aware of that and doesnt change what I said. It still fucks up the local economy for those players in that node and it's surrounding node(s). Pair this with, bots in every node - same result.
  • hm... this may change the nature of my KOS list. May need to create a KOS if your killed this list of people. :o
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • novercalis wrote: »

yes im aware of that and doesnt change what I said. It still fucks up the local economy for those players in that node and it's surrounding node(s). Pair this with, bots in every node - same result.

There are to many unknowns for that. So we can't say. And Steven aren't going to go into specifics about their system to prevent bots etc