Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Fishing

Hello, for the fishing aspect of the game. Could you make it similar to Final Fantasy 15? Final Fantasy 15 makes me want to log in just to do some fishing, cause of the realistic features of the fishing content. With different places around the world anytime you walk up to a certain spot you can go into an instance that allows you to focus on fishing, with each cast having to get your certain lure near the fish in the area. Then as you hook the fish you need to have the pole turned a certain way while reeling in the line to keep a certain tension on the fishing line, so the line doesn't break. Then you can have different types of fishing poles, lures, and fishing lines. With all being used to catch specific fish. This also will allow you not to ever afk or bot the fishing.

Comments

• Something like Sea Of Thieves? but more in-depth, like small chances to fish up ruined items that can be repaired with blacksmithing or sold for gold.
  • Not even separate instance make it Real-Time that would be really cool. Add Durability to the fishing polls as well and line. Just like FFXV (Final Fantasy 15) or better even.
  • Final fantasy fishing in Ashes of Creation would make me want to buy buy this game even more.
  • I really like the idea of fishing if it were a lot like Final Fantasy 15. I've played a lot of MMOs where the fishing was you just staying still and doing absolutely nothing. But when it came to FFXV the fishing was more in-depth (pun intended).
  • Yeah pretty solid idea Scionic.
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    ...but not instanced, please. If you want the reward of fishing, you take the risk of getting jumped.
  • I think fishing is the worst feature which was added in MMOs.
    The next one on the list is farming crops and cooking.
    These are survival activities.
    I wonder if Steven will make me sit at a table in a tavern to eat to get a buff...
    or maybe even dance when a bard is singing. :#
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Strevi wrote: »
    I wonder if Steven will make me sit at a table in a tavern to eat to get a buff...

They are survival activities is merely a perception. Not saying IS should do this, but its not wrong for an MMO to include RP like dancing at a tavern to receive a buff, just change how you view it.
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I watched a video which stated 'Fishing makes an mmorpg an rpg'.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • KrakhunKrakhun Member, Intrepid Pack
    I love fishing in MMOs, especially when there is a chance to catch more than just fish. It's a nice relaxing way to spend a few hours. I do worry a bit, since the water will be pk territory due to no corruption gained on the water. I think people will have to go in pretty large groups to do any deep sea fishing.
  • Yeah the fishing in FFXV is something ive never seen done before so i enjoyed playing more then i thought i would, Normally Fishing make me sleepy but due to how realistic it was it made it more likeable then most so i think more games should adopt this style for sure.
    So +1 to this idea all the way!
  • Skyth wrote: »
    Yeah the fishing in FFXV is something ive never seen done before so i enjoyed playing more then i thought i would, Normally Fishing make me sleepy but due to how realistic it was it made it more likeable then most so i think more games should adopt this style for sure.
    So +1 to this idea all the way!

try fishing in l2 :D
  • Only thing i didn't like about fishing in FFXV though was how long it took on some fishes, But honestly it would be great to see some sort of system like it in AOC. There hasnt been that many great fishing mini games that were just AFK'd in the end.
  • BudaiBudai Member
    edited January 2023
    FF15 fishing was top tier, I would love to see its fishing mechanics added to this game as well.
  • Hello, for the fishing aspect of the game. Could you make it similar to Final Fantasy 15? Final Fantasy 15 makes me want to log in just to do some fishing, cause of the realistic features of the fishing content. With different places around the world anytime you walk up to a certain spot you can go into an instance that allows you to focus on fishing, with each cast having to get your certain lure near the fish in the area. Then as you hook the fish you need to have the pole turned a certain way while reeling in the line to keep a certain tension on the fishing line, so the line doesn't break. Then you can have different types of fishing poles, lures, and fishing lines. With all being used to catch specific fish. This also will allow you not to ever afk or bot the fishing.

I think this would be fine for fishing in the rivers and the inner coast line but when PVP is involved in the open ocean you need to be able to watch your surroundings for pirates. Here is a video of great fishing design that includes interactive things to catch the fish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA04NNjMfmM&ab_channel=RageInducedRage
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Some fun and interesting suggestions on which interpretations of fishing people like most! I'd love to hear more examples of the best fishing you've seen in games, and why that is ;)
    community_management.gif
    I think fishing is the worst feature which was added in MMOs.

Someone forgot that "role playing game" was part of the MMORPG acronym. You don't have to enjoy every feature, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't exist for the large portions of players who do enjoy them.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
    I think fishing is the worst feature which was added in MMOs.

Someone forgot that "role playing game" was part of the MMORPG acronym. You don't have to enjoy every feature, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't exist for the large portions of players who do enjoy them.

If I can get fat eating all that fish, I'll be happy :wink:
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!