Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

This looks fun

Considering getting a nice laptop to play this game, hoping I have enough time to save money before the next alphas and betas drop. I know there isn’t a official release date yet but is there any info on alpha/ beta release or even a vague but semi accurate release date? Thank you for your time, hope you have a beautiful day.

Comments

• "This year" would probably be the best bet for alpha2. Probably late summer or even later, but it'd be better to get ready for late spring.

But that doesn't really matter cause alpha2 is supposed to last till release, so if you have $250 on top of your laptop costs - you don't have to hurry.
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    No dates, nope. Just speculation.

I played Alpha 1 and had a lot of fun. Just one person's opinion.

Hhak63P.png
  • No official dates. I think it's safe to say you have a minimum of 6 months to save up, probably even longer until Alpha 2. It's $250 to get Alpha 2 access, so unless you can swing that on top of PC costs, you probably have closer to 18-24 months for Beta or Release.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Thank you all for your quick input, is there a cutoff for the 250$ access to alpha 2 and the cool skins? Don’t have the spare cash right now but work is about to takeoff so should be easy to pay that in 2-3 months.
  • Thank you all for your quick input, is there a cutoff for the 250$ access to alpha 2 and the cool skins? Don’t have the spare cash right now but work is about to takeoff so should be easy to pay that in 2-3 months.
    They'll tell us ahead of time if they decide to stop selling alpha2 access. So just keep checking their social media or the forum announcements and you'll know when the alpha2 comes on and whether the sale is stopped.
  • You'll have plenty of time to save for a computer. I personally don't expect anything Alpha 2-related in 2023. There may be a few spot tests on certain things, but the amount of content that needs to be created is huge.
  • VareesVarees Member
    edited January 2023
    NiKr wrote: »
    "This year" would probably be the best bet for alpha2. Probably late summer or even later, but it'd be better to get ready for late spring.

But that doesn't really matter cause alpha2 is supposed to last till release, so if you have $250 on top of your laptop costs - you don't have to hurry.

Wait you mean that alpha2 will last all the way till the betas? Not just a month like alpha1?
  • HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Varees wrote: »
    NiKr wrote: »
    "This year" would probably be the best bet for alpha2. Probably late summer or even later, but it'd be better to get ready for late spring.

Wait you mean that alpha2 will last all the way till the betas? Not just a month like alpha1?

Alpha 2 is planned to be a persistent alpha, so it will run (albiet with restarts, wipes and maintainence periods) until near release. It will also run alongside the betas as those will be separate.
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • According to the information in the shop the Alpha 2 server will be "persistent" which sounds like it might last until the Beta.

With that being said, I don't think it is too likely to have Alpha 2 this year, I'm hoping for a Alpha 2 date by the end of this year. So I guess you have plenty of time to save up for a new laptop to play this on.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited January 2023
    Thank you all for your quick input, is there a cutoff for the 250$ access to alpha 2 and the cool skins? Don’t have the spare cash right now but work is about to takeoff so should be easy to pay that in 2-3 months.

The skins themselves are available only for this month. There will be a new set next month, and these particular ones won't be available again. So, if these are the ones your heart and loins are yearning for, then this month is your month!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Can someone tell me if i buy the full packet, am i able to like buy a accesoire from the past?
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    No you can't buy cosmetics or accessories from the past.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • DefqonOne wrote: »
    Can someone tell me if i buy the full packet, am i able to like buy a accesoire from the past?

Not from the past but you will be able to buy seperate items from the coming months