Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, January 27, 2023 at 1pm Pacific

Comments

• Will rogues be able to pick pockets? of players? even if its just whatever junk items they have...
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited January 2023
    Liniker wrote: »
    In regards to the recolored cosmetic sets shown during livestreams like the white corvid castigator we seen in the UE5 reveal or the set in the cleric showcase, are those sets NPC exclusive pieces or are they achievable by players?

Steven has answered this very thing. The white corvid castigator is available only to NPCs and is not obtainable by players.

This goes for all other parts and pieces of cash shop cosmetic sets.
    Nuub wrote: »
    Will rogues be able to pick pockets? of players? even if its just whatever junk items they have...

There will not be a theft (stealing/pickpocketing) mechanic in Ashes of Creation in regards to living players.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Will there be a search function for players to find groups for dungeons or world content?
  • Hutchy1989 wrote: »
    Do you need to pvp flag to loot other players loot that they drop on death?

Non-combatants will not be flagged for looting bodies
    AoC Wiki: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_flagging in the non-combatant section
  • Nuub wrote: »
    Will rogues be able to pick pockets? of players? even if its just whatever junk items they have...

There will not be a theft (stealing/pickpocketing) mechanic in Ashes of Creation in regards to living players.
    [/quote]

ty Jahlon, i should know better than to ask without a wiki search
  • ArenirArenir Member
    edited January 2023
    What are your thoughts on looking into other genres for archetype abilities? A good example I believe would be Overwatch, for example Roadhog which is a tank has a hook ability- that hook as a core tank skill, I think would actually provide some interesting gameplay inside of a MMO. You could also look at larger ultimate or "Elite" skills that would function akin to Zary'a Grav, or even Reinhardt Shatter for Hammer wielding Tank/Warriors. I know we're building a MMO and there is a delicate balance with the feel of the game you're look to achieve- but I think expanding your horizons could be extremely useful, especially since these type of "Teamfight" games are so popular. It also allows for a more consistent feel on Class counters and the equation that certain classes will always have distinct advantages and disadvantages against other classes.
  • Node citizenship is highest in the affiliations tree hierarchy.
    Can citizens of the same node attack each-other?
    Can a gatherer of a vassal node attack a gatherer of a parent node or sibling node if there is no war between their nodes?
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • NuubNuub Member
    edited January 2023
    Strevi wrote: »
    Node citizenship is highest in the affiliations tree hierarchy.
    Can citizens of the same node attack each-other?
    Can a gatherer of a vassal node attack a gatherer of a parent node or sibling node if there is no war between their nodes?

Yes, in both situations, normal flagging rules apply. The affiliations hierarchy is used for forced flagging, such as a war.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_flagging

• NeurotoxinNeurotoxin Member, Alpha One
    In a lore-approved mechanical way, how or why can a Tank stand their ground and not get crushed into a splatter mark when a 20 ton monster overhead smashes straight down onto them?
  • NuubNuub Member
    edited January 2023
    Steven mentioned caravan goods needing to become a "stolen good" for certain systems, does this mean that the loot from caravan destruction will not be usable for crafting or sold by normal means?

https://youtu.be/GjEP4P5vDZI?t=4635

• @Nuub I was told to post this question again this month. :smile:
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • As someone who had 15 accounts and half a housing zone in archeage what's stopping me from opening a bunch of accounts and making a freehold mini city next to a popular spot like outside a dungeon to gain an advantage? IMO normal P2W killed archeage and multiaccount P2W killed unchained.
  • Will weapons be incorporated into casting animations? For example, my fireball being shot from my staff?
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    itwashear wrote: »
    As someone who had 15 accounts and half a housing zone in archeage what's stopping me from opening a bunch of accounts and making a freehold mini city next to a popular spot like outside a dungeon to gain an advantage? IMO normal P2W killed archeage and multiaccount P2W killed unchained.

Why should they stop people from buying accounts?
    Are you proposing that only one account should be allowed per household?
    What about families that want to play together.

Such an exaggerated and unrealistic problem shouldnt create unnecessary prohibitions.
  • LastCrystalLastCrystal Member
    edited January 2023
    Since Ashes will focus on traveling thru the land rather than teleporting. Will there be any sort of movement speed gear or consumables such as speed potions that increase your movement for short period of time? (smth to help you escape a gank) Also does your character speed increases with level? (can a lvl 50 outrun lvl 30 or is it constant?)
    8aigchvuce2n.jpeg
  • Will we be able to apply a cloth light armor looking costume over heavy plate armor?
  • Is there any estimated timeline on when we will know what buildings/ships our purchased cosmetics will go on?
  • A question about travelling and exploring:

Node towns and cities will offer a host of services that can differ, town-to-town. Message and contract billboards, Node-specific channels, and markets for stalls are some of what we know of, thus far. Can you give us a general idea of what kind of things we can expect to see/experience when entering a new-to-us township for the first time, and how we'll know to find our way around?

• How do freeholds work with corrupted players? Since FreeHolds are none PVP zones are they still able to enter a FreeHolds boundary’s? and then access its content?

If so, what’s stopping them from griefing players then hiding in a Friendly/Guild members Freehold boundary’s where they can't be attacked back and can log out in safety?
  • itwashear wrote: »
    As someone who had 15 accounts and half a housing zone in archeage what's stopping me from opening a bunch of accounts and making a freehold mini city next to a popular spot like outside a dungeon to gain an advantage? IMO normal P2W killed archeage and multiaccount P2W killed unchained.

Why should they stop people from buying accounts?
    Are you proposing that only one account should be allowed per household?
    What about families that want to play together.

Such an exaggerated and unrealistic problem shouldnt create unnecessary prohibitions.

The problem is not that people cant make more accounts or have some restrictive ip block the problem is when there are artificial limits on your account that are easily bypassed by just spending more money if you can only have (random number) 3 buildings on your freehold and only 1 freehold per account the answer isn't to specialize its to buy more accounts. to counter this they just need to make the benefit from more accounts less then spending more hours on your main.
  • Will there be mounts that can only be obtained through tremendous amount of gathering? so people who focus on gathering can have something special
  • trajdltrajdl Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    When can we expect nodes 3 video :smiley::wink:
  • SherkusSherkus Member, Alpha One
    Will it be possible to make illegal tree/plant plantations in any area and in remote areas of the map like in Archeage, will there be something like the Thunderstruck that will act as an economic barrier?
  • Hi! Could you tell if there will be any active or passive skills that will allow players to counter the control skills. Like to stand up immediately if you was knocked down?
  • DrunkninjaDrunkninja Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How will threat mechanics work for Naval content? Example, how do I hold threat on a huge sea creature while on a ship.
  • With the current dev discussion going on about tanking and threat, what system have you in mind as of now?
  • OsFurOsFur Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    hello steven
    if i take cultist and a dark religion choice, can i hope to have a vampire ?
    𝐎𝐬𝐬𝐚 𝐭𝐮𝐚 𝐬𝐮𝐛 𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐛𝐮𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭
  • will our characters be sensitive to heat and cold. and will the equipment be adapted accordingly?
  • What you tell us about some kind of "automation" for artisan classes, such as different kinds of equipements or "worker" type NPCs that could help the players produce goods while enjoying other aspects of the game?