Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

what do you want from ashes?

2»

Comments

• I want alpha 2 to come out, so I can really figure out what I want.
  • McShave wrote: »
    I want a game that i can play. sooner rather than later

Three things in life...

You can have it Good, Fast, or cheap... but you only get two of these.

If you want it fast and good.. its not gonna be cheap.

If you want it fast and cheap... its not gonna be good.

If you want it good and cheap... its not gonna be fast.
  • I mainly want a world where its just fun to be apart of, even if thats just sitting in town not doing anything. I really want a good transmog and armor system so that the way you look can really be different from everyone else. And I just want a really fleshed out necromancer class. After reading the Awaken Online books where the main character plays as a necromancer in an mmorpg vr game I've become obsessed with the idea of being a powerful necromancer, but every mmorpg game really restricts what a necromancer can do and necromancers just feel bad.
  • KilionKilion Member
    edited January 2023
    For me it's exploring and discovering things. To a certain degree I am not sure whether that is even possible anymore with all the influencers doing spoiler livestreams, people watching that and then acting ingame like they knowledgeable veterans, but still - I just want this sense of awe in a game again, where you have vast lands that you can explore, materials you can turn into new awesome gear and animals you can tame to roam those lands.

WoW Burning Crusade did a good job with the discovery portion, when they withheld flying mechanics till you were max level but showed you a ton of stuff you knew you could check out once you have a flying mount. I really liked that.

But really, with what Ashes at least tries to ultimately do, this is the first time I feel I'll enjoy the farming and production side of the game more than the fights (potentially). I really want to see what mounts I might be able to breed and what amazing armor sets I may be able to craft.

The whole premise of the game to not be the chose champion, half son of Sailor Moon Highpriestess who died after giving birth and Cthulhu to retrieve the infinity ring that you have to throw into Mount Vader and save the entire time space continuum trope is just... nah, it doesn't work when 8000 other people are told the same thing. Just let me be one of millions of people who are nothing special and had to chill through the apocalypse in an interdimensional pocket and who are now trying to help their companions carve out a new life once the dust has settled. That's epic enough. I don't need to save the world on my own, I just need to help making it a nice place again for those who don't want to or can't fight.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Loving all these answers :)

I look forward to being challenged, immersed, and creating my own adventures alongside others :)
    community_management.gif
  • Kilion wrote: »
    For me is exploring and discovering things. To a certain degree I am not sure whether that is even possible anymore with all the influencers doing spoiler livestreams, people watching that and then acting ingame like they discovered anything, but still - I just want this sense of awe in a game again, where you really have vast lands that you can discover, materials you can turn into new awesome gear and animals you can tame to roam those lands. .

Then early access was invented, where the developers spoil the content before the game is ready. And sell it full of bugs. Agile development might some call it.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • I forgot to type dancing bears in taverns. 😜
  • The only thing I want is... Bag space and lots of it. Im very klepto when it comes to mmos.
  • OrbificatorOrbificator Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited January 2023
    I want a game I can finally call my "Main" game and really play. I mean do everything the game has to offer, at my own pace. I've done this with finite story games, but never an ever-living world. Closest I've had to this would be Destiny or ESO.

I hope all my friends who like mmo's can come together and we can all play this game.

I'd like this to be the game I finally find a reason to push out of my Uber-Introvert shell and actually join a guild/Talk to people. I've always been a solo player due to the commitment it would require to truly be in a guild. I've never found a game I've been willing to commit to on that level. Closest was Destiny (1 and 2) but 95% of content doesn't require social interaction beyond pick-up-groups. Ideally, a nice portion of content in this game would be hard enough to encourage me to group up with other players without it being practically a requirement.

In a perfect world, Ashes comes to Xbox with cross-save/cross-play so I can play on my preferred platform where the majority of my friends reside. I've never known why, but If a game was available on both pc and Xbox, I always choose Xbox. It sucked when they canceled Elite Dangerous for the console even though I have an objectively superior PC.

I want a game where player figures can be born. Like Leeroy Jenkins. Maybe some infamous mayor takes power and creates a notable event in player history.

I like the prospect of near-unique items, like flying. Maybe Some group of players clear some dungeon and earn a truly unique title or weapon skin.

Now, being realistic, I don't expect this game to live up to my dreams. I fully expect some aspects to be awesome and some to be just not right. Maybe the way it "feels" to move my character around and swing my weapon just doesn't feel right. Not enough weight or whatever. Things like this. What gives me hope is the degree of player feedback that is being taken into account by the devs. Even if/when they get things wrong, I know their hearts are in the right place. I've seen it over the years. I'm huffing the Hopium.
    u4ud44oeff0w.gif
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nodes 3
  • ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I want a game I can finally call my "Main" game and really play. I mean do everything the game has to offer, at my own pace. I've done this with finite story games, but never an ever-living world. Closest I've had to this would be Destiny or ESO.

I hope all my friends who like mmo's can come together and we can all play this game.

I'd like this to be the game I finally find a reason to push out of my Uber-Introvert shell and actually join a guild/Talk to people. I've always been a solo player due to the commitment it would require to truly be in a guild. I've never found a game I've been willing to commit to on that level. Closest was Destiny (1 and 2) but 95% of content doesn't require social interaction beyond pick-up-groups. Ideally, a nice portion of content in this game would be hard enough to encourage me to group up with other players without it being practically a requirement.

In a perfect world, Ashes comes to Xbox with cross-save/cross-play so I can play on my preferred platform where the majority of my friends reside. I've never known why, but If a game was available on both pc and Xbox, I always choose Xbox. It sucked when they canceled Elite Dangerous for the console even though I have an objectively superior PC.

I want a game where player figures can be born. Like Leeroy Jenkins. Maybe some infamous mayor takes power and creates a notable event in player history.

I like the prospect of near-unique items, like flying. Maybe Some group of players clear some dungeon and earn a truly unique title or weapon skin.

Now, being realistic, I don't expect this game to live up to my dreams. I fully expect some aspects to be awesome and some to be just not right. Maybe the way it "feels" to move my character around and swing my weapon just doesn't feel right. Not enough weight or whatever. Things like this. What gives me hope is the degree of player feedback that is being taken into account by the devs. Even if/when they get things wrong, I know their hearts are in the right place. I've seen it over the years. I'm huffing the Hopium.

I hope to play with you mate, very well said!
  • I want a game where player figures can be born. Like Leeroy Jenkins. Maybe some infamous mayor takes power and creates a notable event in player history.

This one his hitting me right in the feels. It is really one of the best ways to describe how player legends are being born. And knowing that it has since spread beyond the gaming community makes it even better.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • WeGboredWeGbored Member
    edited January 2023
    Voxtrium wrote: »
    Starting out on the same level as everyone else, truly the same level

This is it for me right here.

But I want a new game to be passionate about, to explore a new world and cause as much chaos as humanly possible in that world.
    ob4olqinudwv.png

discord.gg/pFCdaWM - Building a community across multiple games,
    including Ashes of Creation! Looking for members of all kinds to really pour
    our all into the Alpha 2, Betas, and then launch.
  • I want a game that doesn't hand out trophies to everyone. I want my achievements to feel like real achievements. I want my difficult to obtain gear to be immediately recognizable, and when I see a higher level player walking around town I want to gawk at them and dream about the day I might be so mighty. I want to be immersed in the world with old friends and new.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • -An MMORPG that has more to do than just dungeons, raid and pvp.
    -A game that has variety in characters and builds, that do not become some cookie cutter platform, where everyone plays the same classes, specs.
    -I want a game that promotes guild/community actually holding some weight, so there are reasons to group up and not just solo all the content... oh you want to check out this zone.. best have 4... you want to check out that zone.... best have 8. I hope zones also have variety of threats to where you need a tank, healer, melee, and ranged all grouped together to be successful (beyond just dungeons and raid content). Without ranged you will be sniped from above since melee can not reach them, without tank the baddies on the floor will wipe the cloth and leather wearers quickly. Without heals the poisonous vegetation will slowly bleed your health down before you reach your final destination no matter how many potions you bring.

These are just a few things....Obviously rich lore to make you feel connected to your race, your zone, the continents and planet are a big MUST as well.
  • I want my new MMO "forever home". I been hanging on to WoW in sheer desperation (well, until about a year ago) because my friends refuse to abandon the ship. I just cant get them to commit to "new" MMOs (that has been released years ago) because they dont like the feeling of starting way behind everyone else when each one of us has been around since day 1 in WoW.

Ashes gives me a chance to bring my friends and family (yes, my entire family - parents included - are MMO nerds) to a new game where they don't have to "catch up" to everyone else.

If I may be slightly delusional, then I am hoping that AoC will stay around for many years to come so that I can play it with my son (that is now 5 months old) when he grows up. c:

Other than that - I just want to soak in the fantasy feeling. Exploring, PvPing, doing stuff solo or with friends or strangers. Trying, failing, trying again and hopefully succeeding at some point.
    lizhctbms6kg.png
  • I want an all-around enjoyable experience. I want a game that is not void of content and the sense of adventure and accomplishment is ever present and growing. Immersion is the game of the day. I want an intelligent game for intelligent players who are either casual or determined.

In other words....

I want my moneys worth!!
  • Ngl, i wish AOC becomes the modern lineage 2 successor.
    The flagging system is there, the open world and legendary bosses are there. Basically L2 with a better combat system and a bunch of other stuff to do besides exp grind and pvp. I want to have multiple goals to look forward to, like collectables, achievements, quests, professions, etc.
    If AOC doesn't become that type of game it's fine. I hope it will at least be an enjoyable new adventure and experience!
  • I want to be immersed in a world that the players around me help create and that I feel like I play an important but not critical role in as just another adventurer.
  • Relevant housing, good reasons to visit and share your home, like food buffs affected by environment and amount of family around you, a meal is best shared with friends.
    Strong player interdependence, a need for others and to be needed. Crafting to be highly relevant. No party finder or cross server BS. Actual consequences. The words Epic and Legendary to mean something again, they should be hard earned. Astrology as a skill/profession or it affecting them, like brewing potions under a certain constellation. An app on the phone but only to communicate with the guild. An MMOs that I will enjoy for 20 years.
  • SunReign wrote: »
    Relevant housing, good reasons to visit and share your home, like food buffs affected by environment and amount of family around you, a meal is best shared with friends.
    Certain beds will have rested XP benefits. Some bunk-beds will boost the rested XP if two family members are sleeping in the bed at the same time.[4]
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Ashes of Creation is the place I hope to spend the next couple of decades creating friendships and memories. I just want it to be a virtual realm that acts as a catalyst to bring people together---and we, the community, take it from there. :)
    3az4b166v5je.pngChristian. Family-Friendly. Community-Oriented. Click the banner to learn more.