Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, February 24, 2023 at 11am Pacific

VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
edited March 2023 in Announcements
QA-1920__4_.gif?h=250

Glorious Ashes of Creation Community!

Our next livestream featuring UI updates will be Friday, February 24, 2023 at 11am Pacific! (Click here to convert this to your local time.)

Similar to our past streams, we'd love to gather some questions from you to answer live! Please submit your question for our development team in the thread below, and we'll select 10 of them at random to answer at the end of our livestream. In order to accommodate a variety of questions from our community, please only post ONE question below, and the more direct and succinct the better (think one to two sentences)! Submissions end Wednesday, February 22, 2023 at 11am Pacific, so we can select your questions before the broadcast.

We'll see you soon for our development update livestream! twitch.tv/ashesofcreation

๐Ÿ“Š ๐Ÿ‘€ Did you enjoy our deep dive into UI in our latest Development Update?

๐Ÿ‘‡ If you missed it, check out the YouTube video below!
https://youtu.be/3FxHjg0YgiM
community_management.gif
ยซ134

Comments

• Will there be detargeting abilities in Ashes?
  • OsFurOsFur Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited February 2023
    hi steven
    If I pick Cleric as my secondary archetype, and I affiliate myself with a dark religion, would this choice impact the effects of the cleric augments? For example turning them into life drains instead of heals, akin to some kind of vampire ability.
    ๐Ž๐ฌ๐ฌ๐š ๐ญ๐ฎ๐š ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐› ๐๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐›๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ข๐ฌ ๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐ฉ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ง๐ญ
  • DrunkninjaDrunkninja Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How will Tanks hold threat on monsters while on a boat?
  • xillinxillin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    In a very early livestream, you guys said that in some cases augments could completely change abilities rather than just add secondary archetype flavor. Is this still the case? And could you give us an example?
  • Hello, I would like to know if the visual weight of the blows will be the one presented in the gameplay, or if it will be incremented during the development? because physical attacks give me the impression of being extremely clean attacks without impact on contact, in Lineage 2 there was damage and also SoulShot and in this way it made the impact of the blow on the target, it was the only point that I noticed that there was a little out of my expectation
  • DolyemDolyem Member
    edited February 2023
    While understanding this will be tested, what sort of limiter(actions taken, currency/material cost, amount of time to change or a cooldown to change again, etc.) will there be on changing your secondary class from one to another?
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited February 2023
    In regards to guild name reservation, we know those perks were sold as part of the KS packages, but since those weren't tagged as KS exclusive, are there any plans to bring those back for sale before launch - and what about guild server reservation?
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Will the Summoner class be able to tame or creatures in order to later summon them in his time of need? If yes then would he also be able to do it to bosses/minor bosses?
    Will the Summoner class be restricted in his amount of summons? Or will the summons have duration as well as an HP bar that you need to be aware of to avoid misfortune?
  • Hi Ashes of Creation team. I was wondering what these dungeons will look like. Instead of instanced I recall the further you go through the dungeon or raid the more difficult it will become. Which will allow players of varying skill and level able to delve these dungeons. Can we get a preview of this? Will there be the ability to camp or rest in the dungeon? If this cannot be answered I would like to know more about animal husbandry and farming; any of this possible as a nomad or are we forced to be in a developed area and forced to pay taxes?
  • Since we don't use 15" CRT monitors any more can the UI display the ability name instead of learning a new set of icons? Can we have real tooltips? example Good tooltip: 15% damage reduction Bad tooltip: Apply effect harden (Now I have to go ask my wife what harden does)
  • Can we finally get answers what cosmetics are for etc? It is like 2 years since Margaret told us answer is coming. But it seems its coming for forever now...
  • Will terrain such as marshes or water have strategic components and affect speed and other things of my alter ego? Thx
  • ErahhErahh Member
    edited February 2023
    When are we getting access to name reservations? How will it work?
    Do we claim our name then it is bound to the account?
    dirnvhxxle1r.png
  • Will all tier 1 mount cosmetics be able to apply to mules as well?
  • ashoneashone Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I have a number of questions, all related to the same subject, Constellations. 1. will they be stationary in the sky like the north star or change their location according to what season it is? 2. will they provide a buff of some sort depending on your race, skill, or augment type?

• For extra immersiveness, will there be gatherables used for crafting(potions,armor,etc.) spread across the world like in Eso, New world, Runescape?
  • Are there any passive skills in the crafting tree that allow you to drop less materials on death?
  • LueWLueW Member
    edited February 2023
    If we're on a moving ship and we use an ability like "Chains of Restraint" from the cleric, will the area it leaves on the ground stay in the position it's summoned relative to the map or will it follow the movement of the ship?
  • ashone wrote: ยป
    I have a number of questions, all related to the same subject, Constellations. 1. will they be stationary in the sky like the north star or change their location according to what season it is? 2. will they provide a buff of some sort depending on your race, skill, or augment type?

Just letting you know they ignore anything with more than a single question. Choose 1 and ask the other next month
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited February 2023
    The Dev party led by Steven the past two months escaped death a few times, whilst exploring, thanks to the very short-leash on mobs.
    Is this the final version of leash range?
  • HjerimHjerim Member, Leader of Men, Alpha One
    Will Ashes of Creation have astronomical events, like meteorshowers, bloodmoon, eclipse etc. and will they have an effect on gameplay?
  • I have 2 questions. First obvious is alpha 2 release date. I have a decent group of people here in Brisbane Australia I been getting in the band wagon to play. They are all keen to get the alpha 2 key but holding off for a date announcement....
    Second question is about achievements. I am keen to know about them. I assuming they will be in the game as all games have them but will there be perks such as random hidden achiements, achievements that unlock special items such as titles or mounts or even crafting patterns.... oh and on that note I would love to know more about the crafting as I love crafting in games.
  • For extra immersiveness, will there be gatherables used for crafting(potions,armor,etc.) spread across the world like in Eso, New world, Runescape?

What a strange question. :D Of course there is! It's a fundamental aspect of the game!
  • In risk vs reward you always want to have a high efficiency, and you can only know that if you can see how much you've killed / destroyed. Will there be a system that allows us to view (out of game) how much each person, guild, node has killed?
  • This is a very "Far in the future question" but once the game actually... well comes out, how do you plan to approach things like new areas added? More or less in the sense of "Will new areas you add also have new nodes"
  • What are your plans on Critical hits, are you going to make it RNG, or are you going to make it more within the player's control?
  • Should we expect to see Bard and Summoner in the Alpha 2? I am a support main and am curious to see what ashes brings to the role.
  • What will be differences between CROSSBOW and BOW? pls do not missconfuse netween short bow and long bow
  • ShadowVenShadowVen Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Augmentation Question:

How will Augmentations affect different Ranking tiers of skills? (Ex. Rank 1, rank 2, etc)
    [img][/img]
  • I've noticed a lot of MMOs have an insane amount of UI when compared to other genres. Even if it's all functional, it really puts a dent in the immersion factor - not to mention making it harder to appreciate all the work that goes into the visuals.

Are there plans to tackle this, or maybe find some kind of middle ground?