Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, February 24, 2023 at 11am Pacific

Comments

• poisonzpoisonz Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited February 2023
    Cooking Gameplay: Considering that consumables often provide flat stats buffs for the food they represent, are there any plans to incorporate a mini-game that measures a player's cooking skills to determine whether the boost is reduced or enhanced depending on how well or lightly it is cooked?
    AhuZFn7.gif
  • How will Intrepid handle players engaging in in-game fraud or anticompetitive practices? What will and won't be against the ToS?
  • What is the challenge of bringing alpha 2, can we expect something for this year? :*
    ass-forum-mainquestt.gif

Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Have you managed to do everything you planned for 2022 in terms of development progress?
  • edited February 2023
    How do freeholds work with corrupted players? Since FreeHolds are none PVP zones are they still able to enter a FreeHolds boundary’s? and then access its content?

If so, what’s stopping them from griefing players then hiding in a Friendly or There own or Guild members Freeholds boundary’s where they can't be attacked back and can log out in safety?
  • Does your character movement speed increases with level? (can a lvl 50 outrun lvl 30 or is it constant?)
    8aigchvuce2n.jpeg
  • SweatycupSweatycup Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Do you have plans to allow custom UI integration from the community? If so will we be allowed to create plugins for things to keep track of personal progress?
  • Will we have a target assist window? This will be very important to target the leaders chosen target asap. Please make it happen !
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Sweatycup wrote: »
    Do you have plans to allow custom UI integration from the community? If so will we be allowed to create plugins for things to keep track of personal progress?

They wont allow them for obvious reasons.
  • How much activities can we expect outside of combat in relation to class thematics?
    EG: Opening Locks as a Rogue, Tracking enemies as a Ranger, removing corruption from the ground as a Cleric.
  • OneEyedTiddyOneEyedTiddy Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited February 2023
    Besides a pair of sandals, will there be multiple elaborate easter eggs varying in difficulty to discover? Whether its rewards in form of quests, cosmetics, or commemoration the pure thought of ‘somethings out there’ is ecstatic to think about.
  • With such an amazing freehold system do you think there will be enough freeholds for those who want them, or will it be difficult to acquire one?
  • Ace1234Ace1234 Member
    edited February 2023
    When it comes to balancing classes based on testing phases- How will you distinguish between causal factors and correlational factors (such as player preferences) that contribute to more "perceived" class imbalances, rather than actual class balance?
  • Will any of your race or class choices effect your artisan skills?
  • edited February 2023
    Will open world raid events be hard enough to be more than just a first in force zerg contest without PVP being involved? Is the PVE content solidly difficult as a standalone, or are we relying on PVP to make it hard?
  • Will everyone be able to learn how to play musical instruments, or just bards?

• Following on this January livestream, how will the summoner interact with threat management ? Does each summon have their own threat level ?
  • oneuproadoneuproad Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    edited February 2023
    Will raid bosses scale with the node? (purely the level)

i.e: Cyclops boss can spawn with level 3, and is lv20. Then with each node level it gains 10 levels.

(Low level raid bosses usually become obsolete and wasted in basically every MMO)
  • CastaiCastai Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will basements be an option in freehold buildings?
    youtube.com/watch?v=I_LhGxdKBNQ&t=5210s youtube.com/watch?v=nOd9PV6jcqU&t=4668s
    youtube.com/watch?v=gFYd9TJiRDQ&t=4209s youtube.com/watch?v=TpBSGYWxd38&t=4969s
    youtube.com/watch?v=RetA3thzdiM&t=5100s
  • As a summoner. If I basic attack (Q / Left click), will my summon basic attack or my character with my weapon of choice?
  • How are skill points/stats/attributes integrated into the game?

Will different weapons require different stats to use to their full potential? Or will they scale with the different stats/attributes? ie will greatsword damage scale with character strength, spells scale with mana, etc?

And will skill points exist, and if so, what will they be used for? Acquiring new skills? Enhancing skills? Passive skills? Unlocking new branches in a skill tree?

And also, how will skills be acquired? Will they be locked behind proficiency, such as needing to have your bow skill at level 20 to use a certain skill, or will their also be skills acquired from quests or certain world requirements/achievements? Such as killing 10 frost dragons rewards you a passive resistance to frost, etc?

I'm dying to know how our world experiences will mold our characters, making everyone unique
  • Are there any passive skills in the crafting tree that allow you to drop less materials on death?

hopefully not, so that defending yourself isn't discouraged.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • How do freeholds work with corrupted players? Since FreeHolds are none PVP zones are they still able to enter a FreeHolds boundary’s? and then access its content?

If so, what’s stopping them from griefing players then hiding in a Friendly/Guild members Freehold boundary’s where they can't be attacked back and can log out in safety?

Player to player trading, interacting with vendors or NPCs, and the ability to store items in public warehouses is disabled for corrupt players.[6][30]
    Corrupt players will be able to utilize private storage in their Freeholds.[30]

Unsure about other players freeholds but if they have their own, they will be safe within it unless under siege.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Will guild ranks be customizable by the Leader? I.e changing the name/title of the other ranks to better suit my clan name not just have them set at Leader-General-Capatain-recruit.
  • FreemetaFreemeta Member
    edited February 2023
    can we hope to have a card/item/constellation collection system giving permanent bonus to customize our character(horizontal progression)? (a good way to add lore and Art).
    i.e: Lost Ark, Ragnarok Online etc.
    sorry for my bad english, my native langage is french.
  • RazThemunRazThemun Member
    edited February 2023
    Will intrepid create something online to track things such as gear score, achievements, etc that others can look up online, in regards to that guild or players success- such as wow using the wow armory?
  • KorvisKorvis Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    In the scenario where I am out gathering and come under attack by a group of players, would I be able to summon my mount to attempt an escape? Additionally, in the event that I summon my mount, what is the expected survival time for mounts in such combat situations?
    o2h3grud0nm8.png
  • Scroon wrote: »
    hi steven
    If I pick Cleric as my secondary archetype, and I affiliate myself with a dark religion, would this choice impact the effects of the cleric augments? For example turning them into life drains instead of heals, akin to some kind of vampire ability.

These are the types of build possibilities that I have been asking for a hot minute... ability modifiers.... how will they work...
  • Sweatycup wrote: »

They have stated in the past that they plan on having a very in depth UI sytem which will be very costomizable but NO.... If I remember correctly no add ons will be allowed to run on the client... Security reasons... all things will run in game client only...
  • ThePepper wrote: »
    Following on this January livestream, how will the summoner interact with threat management ? Does each summon have their own threat level ?

They haven't even released a single summoner ability to my knowledge. Likely they will run the base classes for alpha 2 in order to get data on threat for balancing purposes... I doubt we see anything summoner, bard, rogue, or mage until beta...