Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, February 24, 2023 at 11am Pacific

Comments

• How are skill points/stats/attributes integrated into the game?

Will different weapons require different stats to use to their full potential? Or will they scale with the different stats/attributes? ie will greatsword damage scale with character strength, spells scale with mana, etc?

And will skill points exist, and if so, what will they be used for? Acquiring new skills? Enhancing skills? Passive skills? Unlocking new branches in a skill tree?

And also, how will skills be acquired? Will they be locked behind proficiency, such as needing to have your bow skill at level 20 to use a certain skill, or will their also be skills acquired from quests or certain world requirements/achievements? Such as killing 10 frost dragons rewards you a passive resistance to frost, etc?

I'm dying to know how our world experiences will mold our characters, making everyone unique

great post.... your asking about how the motor will be able to be tuned......... They are still putting the frame together so the tires stay on..... Be patient. LoL They dont even have the base threat figured out for the four classes they use for live stream... None of this will be "known" until after testing and they can harvest shit tones of data and adjust as needed.
  • Will we play in Sanctus at some point in game ?
  • Hello,
    There has been a lot going on recently with testing announcements, map changes, and new open flagging combat. With this in mind, What do you plan on publicly revealing prior to Alpha 2 because our understanding of previous comments seem to no longer be correct.

Thanks in advance!!!
    2cuMn4T.png
  • DougBug27DougBug27 Member
    edited February 2023
    Since all weapons can be equipped by all classes, is the plan for instruments to NOT be an equipable item for Bards, and rather that Bards will have Notes and Quills (etc...) as the effects for their abilities?
  • Will there be a threat meter of any kind? What kind of tank isn't acutely aware of the current threat to each of his party member's lives?! Maybe tank only ability, aura, within a certain range?
  • Will the weather system affect our character? Like for example, if it's winter, would we need a winter gear protection so we don't suffer from cold?
  • BillzbubBillzbub Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How extensively will the UI present events the player should react to, including in-world visuals, icons, sounds, text, etc. Examples include attacks from mobs (circles or cones on the ground), attacks from players, attacks that can be actively blocked, the end of a long-lasting player spell, threat, alignment (a player in a guild at war with yours), foe estimation (will that mob or player squash me or vice versa), etc.
  • Question about lore: how many years can each of the races live?
    And will additional races be added in the future?
    5ls3nob7lngp.gif
  • will there be a time limit for killing a world boss from the moment it starts attacking?
    5ls3nob7lngp.gif
  • Will all creatures be hostile and if not could i for example give gifts to goblins to try and make them more friendly to me?
  • SjeldenSjelden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited February 2023
    Class ability resource management

Will the different archetypes (and classes) share a common resource like mana, or will there be unique resources for the various classes to draw from when fueling their class-specific abilities?
    edited February 2023
    (deleted)
    edited February 2023
    (deleted)
  • Will there be tutorials or quests to help players learn about the extensive range of game systems?
  • EchutaEchuta Member
    edited February 2023
    Will rogues as a primary archetype have passive skills and or abilities that are focused on armor penetration?
    Echuta.

• Do you have a specific time frame you want the Alpha 2 to ideally last until Beta/Launch? For example, are there plans for the game to be in Alpha 2 state for a year prior to any Beta test? Also, just to get more clarification for all of us followers; what systems are Intrepid still working on to enable an Alpha 2 launch?
  • lemuletlemulet Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Can we get a Design & Engineering update like April 2022? Ideally with what are the current challenges, what has been progressing but cannot be showcased yet.
    sg3TGu4.png
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Are the death penalties for losing to Guild War opponents in PvP, equivalent to the Combatant ones, or the Non-Combatant ones, or something else altogether?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• GrandSerpentGrandSerpent Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    For the Mage's elemental augment school, is the intention that players have any choice between elements for a given ability, or for example, would my spinning slash always be lightning?
  • JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How do you intend to differentiate Summoners toward their "class fantasy", if at all, before level 25?
    🔦🔱⚔️Selling pro pain and pro pain accessories. ⚔️🔱🔦
  • I mainly consume small-scale open-world PvP content in MMOs. Although flagging for PvP and running caravans fill this type of content, what if, let’s say, no one’s around me that is PvP flagged or running any caravans? I know everyone will be flagged for PvP in the sea, but will this be the go-to destination for small-scale open-world PvP content? And if so, what are the incentives for players to want to go out into the sea and fight others (high tier loot, exclusive loot, etc.)?
  • Can we ever expect spell cosmetics to enter the game which can change the color or graphic of a given spell or ability? My weezard is excited for blue fire.
    I am obsessed with anything magic.

• Will players be able to create very fat/tall/short characters on character creation?
  • will RP-racism be allowed? like a dwarf guild that really hates another race
  • Will we have the opportunity to customise a mage's build in such a way, that we can use a single element for our spells and become a: pure ice mage, pure fire mage, pure lightning mage, etcetera?
    lOdSqVw.png
    Are you looking for an amazing community with lovely people? Join the Aurora Discord now and chat with us!
    We are recruiting!
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Hello again glorious Ashes of Creation community! Thank you to everyone who stopped by and shared a question with us for this month’s stream. Q&A submissions are now closed, and we’ll see you at 11AM Pacific on Friday for our livestream!

twitch.tv/ashesofcreation
    community_management.gif
  • LeukaelLeukael Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited February 2023
    Ope. Missed the deadline.
    Stag-Axiom-Sig-LEAUK3.png
  • DangerDave10DangerDave10 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will the UI be able to be customized (ex. size, colors, etc.) either by settings in game or modding?
  • Hey! I've been playing New World and noticed a feature where you can play an instrument with a band of friends via a little Rhythm Game and at the end you can get gathering/rep buffs and if others who listened tipped you they also share in the buff. Is there any sort of implementation of something similar to this in the works for the Bard class?
  • ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will we be able to write our own macros as part of the UI