Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

[Feedback Request] UI Progress and Processes Shown in February Livestream

1235»

Comments

• Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I don't understand what you want an addon for? Why can't you detail the functions so the devs can decide rather than asking for addons incognito?
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Neurath wrote: »
    I don't understand what you want an addon for? Why can't you detail the functions so the devs can decide rather than asking for addons incognito?

I think you misunderstood what "UI Addon" or "Mods" means.

UI Addon/Mod is not synonymous with anonymous.

UI Addon/Mod is a rich and free way to enable the effective participation of the community, allowing them to actively influence the game.

Get to know the existing addon communities and realize that this is a positive addition for the perpetuity of the games.

https://youtu.be/BAe6jhMWGsQ

https://youtu.be/gQDF8mVKvCI

https://youtu.be/Kkgq-926Ol0
    So, you want addons to affect the entire game? I see why you won't explain the actual functions you want.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
    So, you want addons to affect the entire game? I see why you won't explain the actual functions you want.

Yes, I want an MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role-playing game) with no currently known restrictions or limits.

For example, addons and mods can become excellent sources of microtransaction and monetization, if managed by the devs themselves.

I don't want just another incomplete MMORPG with bugs and glitches.

Responding directly to the topic: the best UI (User Interface) is the one that allows the best UX (User Experience).

4pp0bu3k29wc.png
    Microtransactions and monetisation? We don't want p4c or p2w. If you have a preferred addon style state the addon and the devs will review the addon. We want customisation and the perfect UI inbuilt.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
    Microtransactions and monetisation? We don't want p4c or p2w. If you have a preferred addon style state the addon and the devs will review the addon. We want customisation and the perfect UI inbuilt.

Lol, my favorite addon is an in-house addon-style, and also being able to use addons developed by third parties when they are better than those developed by the devs.

And I think the devs should encourage the production of addons with monetization for those that become more used by players.

P2W is always an issue with the in-game store and lack of gameplay management.

It has nothing to do with UI addons developed by third parties or extensive UI customization.

https://www.nexusmods.com/news/14833
  • The importance of UI development for MMORPGs by third parties is that it can improve the user's interaction with the game, making it simpler, more fluid, intuitive and efficient. Thus, permanent UI development can increase game user satisfaction, engagement, and loyalty.
    fogovivo wrote: »
    UI - User Interface

Essential features:

0 - Minimal
    1 - Fully Customizable at will
    2 - Open to community addons for UI and gameplay
    3 - Free Camera Positioning, both in 1st and 3rd person.

An MMORPG game should never have an inflexible UI. It is fundamental that the player can customize his game screen, without aesthetic obstacles.

Nothing should disturb the synergy between player and character.

Also, the most important thing for the success of AoC is investing in animation quality (characters and motion environment) to surpass similar as ArcheAge 2. The ideal is to surpass the quality of Red Dead Redemption Online, Assassins Creed and Hogwarts Legacy.

It's not the repetitive mechanics or story that holds a player for years, but the organicity promoted by natural interaction. This is the lesson that stands out throughout the history of the best MMORPG games to date.

The importance of UI development for MMORPGs by third parties is that it can improve the user's interaction with the game, making it simpler, more fluid, intuitive and efficient. Thus, permanent UI development can increase game user satisfaction, engagement, and loyalty.
  • From what I can tell, all of the modals in the ui appear right in the middle of the screen, which is not ideal. I also do not see a way to change the opacity of these items. As long as we can customize the ui extensively, it looks like a good start. Player UIs are the ultimate player flair. We need to be able to customize all of this to look a certain way that appeals to us.
  • MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I believe minimaps are bad. They are objectivly bad for immersion. And they offer very little benefit over just pressing a key to open a map. Minimaps are mostly there today because game designers think they are convenient.

Well, getting end game gear instantly is also convenient. Killing every mob in the game in one hit is also convenient. Teleporting everywhere in the world is also convenient. But is it good? No? The reason why these things are objectivly and obiously bad, also apply to the minimap.

Just look at Elden ring.
  • MybroViajeroMybroViajero Member
    edited March 2023
    I really liked the presentation of the UI (of course this is a start and there are things to improve), I feel balanced, simple and useful at the same time, a quiet design but at the same time says a lot about what is being done, I really liked a lot.

However I would also like to have the option to edit the UI to the way I want!
    What is the reason for that?
    It's MY SPACE, it's like my room so if I'm going to spend a lot of time in it I'd like to decorate it in a way that I particularly like.
    For example:
    If I am a Pyrai I would like to put tree-style frames, golden leaves, that the lines that separate the squares are roots, things like that.
    Things that characterize my race or the way I see my character, who knows even the character creator could work here, a UI creator.

fboyj51dvm36.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-BnV7V527k
    EDym4eg.png
  • Vaknar wrote: »
    Hello glorious community,

Everyone here at Intrepid Studios looks forward to reading all the feedback you have to share!

Hi there looks nice overall, however, I'm not so fun of not letting us make our own add-ons. In the world of warcraft, for example, there is an addon called Weakauras, this addon single-handedly fulfills most of my needs for personal customization. If you do not allow us to create things like this ourselves, it would be very much appreciated if you deliver this functionality yourself instead. This game is meant to be long term so people will definitely want to reflect themself in the UI style creativity.
  • XenooXenoo Member
    Settings window
    Based on what Steven brought up with settings usability some possible ideas to implement.

In games such as COD having the ability to hot bar some settings to a home settings window so you can have access to settings you regularly adjust is a huge convenience for me.

Another use of ease is allowing users to search for settings instead of navigating through multiple windows when trying to find a specific setting.

Inventory window
    I didn’t notice this as an option already and if I missed it disregard but having the ability to lock items to certain slots in your inventory that then are unaffected by a sort button allows us that are someone clean but still want to use a sort button.

This might be dependent on how big inventories can get but allowing players to search for items in the bag, house, bank and such is nice to have to quickly find an item that might be lost in a sea of other items.

General UI
    I believe this may have been addressed as something that’s implemented. Having the ability to preset UI placement based on the content we are doing and being able to easily swap between multiple preset layouts which can also include skill bars and position of all windows. A lot of times we would be using different skills and need different information at hand when in pvp or different content for pve
  • I would love to see an option to save spell/ability slots and quickly load them to deal with various conditions/situations. Overall very impressed in the current state and looking forward to putting together some content for this amazing game!
    Heres an example of status effects in a raid block:

mfkbvz6ljtnh.jpg

I still don't like the status effects to all go to the top left. I also still don't want personal status effects to go ontop of the health.

It would still be good if we can resize and move the status effects wherever we want them. Only heals and buffs should go on the raid frame health.

I think it would be cool if Conviction and other class status effects get an Orb cupped in unique class designs to look a little like diablo. It would also be cool if we get an option to display health and mana in two further orbs. These facets should be movable etc.

Cheers,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • How do you feel about the direction the UI is taking, based on what we shared during the February Development Update?

I think what I liked most about the showcase is how customizable the UI will be. I'm tired of having to go and find mods like in WoW to get functionality that should've already been in in place by now. The UI looks clean and simple, with good filter buttons. To me a UI should be simple and clean, but also capable of displaying all the relevant information, if not in the text then by a ? symbol that gives a deeper explanation by hovering your mouse over it.

What are your favorite UI elements that you would like us to incorporate? Please provide examples when applicable.

When playing the game, its important to have clear information about your spells, their cd, effects etc. a way to customize the actual cd so some might like a number counting down where other might like a more visual approach. I feel that with the 'shininess' of the the spells that relevant information about blocks, counter blocks, parries or what ever game mechanics that there is a danger that relevant information might be drowned out but the lights coming from spells, and im especially worried when you have 50 people taking down a boss, if the lights will be too blinding. That said i agree with Steven that mechanics should not be a meter that people cling their eyes to. The whole part of an immersive MMO is reacting to situations as they arise and thinking on your feet, not focusing so hard on damage meters that you forget what you are fighting. Everyone should be able to practice there own playstyles without having to worry about conforming to pre-determined meta dictating how to play a class or race and this should also be highlighted in the UI, the ability to customize to the playstyle of the player.

Is there anything in particular you’re excited or concerned about regarding what was shown with the UI Progress and Processes?

I'm excited how far the game has come and how much the UI can influence the game. While im not adapt to understanding the working of UI, I understand from a UX perspective the importance of player feedback and listing to the pros, cons and concerns that players may have as the game move forwards

Here is the ui from diabolo 4 to illistrate my desires. Of course, the xp bar should not be visible 100% of the time and only visible when we lose or gain experience.

7o5c5c735icl.jpg

I would love a ui customisation option to be like the diabolo ui. With extra modifications stated previously and the ability to resize, move and make translucent. Also with the ui being visible in combat and hidden out of combat.

Thank you.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 2023
    I really enjoyed the way @ChromaticSteak did the portraits, I'd like to recommend looking at this post

c730r3mpkqxi.png
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • The icons posted on Twitter are looking great
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • BillzbubBillzbub Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Sometimes the ability to see a specific stat during combat is useful. In EQ2, there are abilities with very long recast timers that I only want to use when my Fervor stat is at its highest. This is just one example. Other stats that might be useful to see on the main UI all the time are: Node name of the node you are in, money you are carrying, run speed (so you can see how much someone has slowed you), etc. These should all be customizable to which things you can see and which are hidden, and whether you can see any of them at all.

It is also important to be able to see and filter what affects have been applied to you and to your enemies. Ashes is going to have a lot of abilities where one class can apply a condition to a target and another class can take advantage of that, like knocking down stunned enemies. There needs to be a way to customize which conditions you can see, because if you can see them all, you won't be able to sort through them to find the ones you want. In EQ2, an enemy in a raid might have several dozen affects applied to it, and I only care about one of them. Maybe there could be a way to only show the conditions that are relevant to the buttons you currently have on your hotbar. If I don't have a knockdown-when-stunned ability currently on my hotbar, then I might not care when an enemy is stunned.

One thing I really like about EQ2's interface is the ability to have as many chat windows as I want. I like having a chat window dedicated only to guild chat and another one for group chat and tells and another one for general and world chat and another one for NPC chat and another one for loot descriptions. I have 7 or 8 chat windows arranged all around my screen, and I know if I see one scroll out of the corner of my eye whether I need to look at it right away or whether I can leave it for later.
  • AruganArugan Member, Alpha One
    edited March 2023
    I highly recommend Intrepid watches Narcs video if not done so already. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwvWKb32wko&ab_channel=Narc

He shows a lot of @ChromaticSteak work which was fantastically done.

Key Points and Ideas I liked:
    - Again shows the aggro UI Mechanic (Yellow, orange glow)
    4xjrkg5c2rd7.png
    ik4r5rrceb3m.png

- Portiate designer
    oga96t40k8pa.png

- Different mob type boarders ( Boss, elite, normal etc..)
    ajcat85bip1k.png

- Class Icon same but the color changes for arch type.
    gfwhlhyg1iej.png

- Character Frame
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/55244/i-loved-the-new-ui-livestream-i-took-the-opportunity-to-make-some-ui-concepts-for-portraits#p1

• akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The character screen shown in the livestream and again today on instagram I feel with such a small space allocation of your own character will be a lost opportunity.

ESO had micro images available of the weapons and armor. When testing and trying the small scale image resulted in frequent disappointment when crafting as you were not able to see what you were going to commit your resources to until it was done and too late to reverse.

New World did it well.

Hope to have the ability to see at large scale relative to your screen
  • Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited March 2023
    w5nyy22ju54s.png
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.