Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Hardcore mode

ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Would anyone be interested in hardcore mode? Death = delete, maybe when you hit max level you gain a title/cosmetic or something and your character becomes immortal again? Could be fun!

Comments

• No
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    No
  • Cinq0Cinq0 Member
    This type of gamemode just doesn't really feel suited to an MMO, games that have permadeath are generally set up so that a skilled player can avoid damage entirely. MMOs aren't set up this way. It would be difficult to have content balanced like this, and it wouldn't really be fun to do either. If you really want to do it your best bet is to just do it of your own accord.
  • ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Cinq0 wrote: »
    This type of gamemode just doesn't really feel suited to an MMO, games that have permadeath are generally set up so that a skilled player can avoid damage entirely. MMOs aren't set up this way. It would be difficult to have content balanced like this, and it wouldn't really be fun to do either. If you really want to do it your best bet is to just do it of your own accord.

But you cant get much more immersive jaja the bond to your character whilst leveling is super strong
  • No.

However, players can certainly RP a "dead is dead" character at any time.
  • i wouldnt mind tbh. i wouldnt play it tho.

playing hardcore in diablo is ok, bu not in a PVP mmorpg lol
  • In this game people will really hate pk )
  • This is not Rust or some rougelite
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It will happen but it doesn't need an actual game mode.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • It's nice to see the community agreeing on something! :D
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    no
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • I rather achievements be like get to x level without dieing (so hardcore achiements kinda thing) but other than that bnot character deletion in an mmo
  • The only hardcore mode AoC has is losing your node, player housing and ships, which is quite a lot
  • PercimesPercimes Member
    edited March 2023
    Although the game isn't design for this kind of gameplay, nothing prevent players do treat it as such. If you die and no one is around to resurrect your character, you can always decide to delete it and start over. What makes it a difficult sell is probably the meta social aspect of gaming. Simply trying to get understood by your guild or friends... or convince anyone why they should "invest" time with your character if you're going to throw it away at its first death. Probably better to roll on another server and ghost everyone. Or haunt them roleplaying as the ghost of your character.

edit: Could be an interesting concept for an alt, but I doubt it would be appropriate for a main. And to be ethical about it, everyone should know about this before important loot and other limited gear is given to the character. Perfectly ok for a solo only character.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
    It's not common on a pvp server. It's more common on a pve server.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • SpifSpif Member
    How about just a title that you can keep until you die: Deathless. Using it will be like wearing a giant "Kick Me" sign
  • Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited March 2023
    Spif wrote: »
    How about just a title that you can keep until you die: Deathless. Using it will be like wearing a giant "Kick Me" sign

People would 100% gank such deathless people :#
  • Arya_Yeshe wrote: »
    Spif wrote: »

People would 100% gank such deathless people :#

PvP deaths dont usualy count as deaths in games with hardcore mode's only PvE death strips the status of not dieing basicaly
  • I play games to have fun. Having the fear that all my work will just get deleted, doesn't sound fun. What if a some lag or crash causes you to die!
  • Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited March 2023
    insomnia wrote: »
    I play games to have fun. Having the fear that all my work will just get deleted, doesn't sound fun. What if a some lag or crash causes you to die!

Well, in AoC, one day you will go to sleep and when you wake up your node will be destroyed, your house and your freehold destroyed, nearly all your items will be destroyed or stolen

But your character will be just fine
    Items go into the bank in preparation for renewal. Also, no one will go to sleep whilst the seige has days of advanced warning.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Neurath wrote: »
    Items go into the bank in preparation for renewal. Also, no one will go to sleep whilst the seige has days of advanced warning.

Snap out of it, face reality instead of living in denial, come back to reality!
    I feel you only make stuff up and don't know enough about the game. The spam is unreal.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
    I feel you only make stuff up and don't know enough about the game. The spam is unreal.

I think the same of you, plus I don't think you really understand what people say, because you have this malice against others.
    I have no malice. If you detect malice then it is the fault of text. Directness is not malice and neither is trying to advise you of the situations to the best of my knowledge.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
    I have no malice. If you detect malice then it is the fault of text. Directness is not malice and neither is trying to advise you of the situations to the best of my knowledge.

Your actions are malicious because you intentionally misunderstand something and then ask loaded questions that contain multiple flaws.
    I try not to do personal attacks but sometimes it is very difficult not to respond in kind.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • In a pvp game... no. You will not reach max level. How many people try this in wow and they struggle with just npc. This will not be a thing or a long lasting thing. Oh yay the best person made it to level 15..... not the kind of game for that style of gameplay and it be taken serious
  • ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The sexual tension between @Neurath and @Arya_Yeshe i love it