Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, March 31, 2023 at 11am Pacific

Comments

• SandeeeSandeee Member
    edited March 2023
    heyo! is there any chance we could get a quick update or overview on the classes you haven't spoken too much on? (i.e. Summoner, Bard, maybe Rogue because all I remember is seeing the stealth and climbing)
  • I just want to know when alpha 2 is. I will continue to ignore all post, spoilers, and discussions until after I start playing alpha 2. I want the new game I play to be actually new, and interesting, not something I saw in a video once.
  • CastaiCastai Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will mounts always be animals? or will we have inanimate objects like magic carpets and Flying Nimbus too?
    youtube.com/watch?v=I_LhGxdKBNQ&t=5210s youtube.com/watch?v=nOd9PV6jcqU&t=4668s
    youtube.com/watch?v=gFYd9TJiRDQ&t=4209s youtube.com/watch?v=TpBSGYWxd38&t=4969s
    youtube.com/watch?v=RetA3thzdiM&t=5100s
  • With all the advancements in AI is Intrepid planning to incorporate any into any of their gaming systems?

Some examples could be voiced quests (no actors required), Town cryers with the happenings of the server which hint to how events are done, Companions/Mercenaries who gives witty responses off the cuff. Many possibilities.
  • Ozijak wrote: »
    With all the advancements in AI is Intrepid planning to incorporate any into any of their gaming systems?

Some examples could be voiced quests (no actors required), Town cryers with the happenings of the server which hint to how events are done, Companions/Mercenaries who gives witty responses off the cuff. Many possibilities.

I don't believe the underlying technology is quite in place yet to incorporate deep AI. There are many ways I see as plausible for incorporating AI, however. One somewhat simple way worth special mention is that as AoC uses Unreal Engine, as Unreal Engine includes more AI built-in and other people build AI that can sync into Unreal Engine, then the game studios could adopt their work instead of building from the ground up. I personally believe a generative AI framework meshed with GraphQL, in a combination of surveys sent to players' emails, that will produce an exciting wave of AI-based... ethically addictive gameplay.
    Axiom-Guild-Signature-Template.png
  • zombinvestorzombinvestor Member
    edited April 2023
    Will there be experience or reputation modifier changes made for an character's node territory following changes to the node?
    Changes such as city tier upgrades, changes of ownership, or seasonal biome changes.
  • zombinvestorzombinvestor Member
    edited March 2023
    wow thats so soon the Livestream is on Friday March 31st I plan to be there and learn about what's new hopefully info on the next time AoC goes live
  • Hey guys,
    in my opinion it is highly desirable for an mmorpg to have hostile mobs that are very diverse regarding their combat-related aspects. As Ragnarok Online showed, this can even go to the point where specialiced builds and equips are used against certain mobtypes and it can be a mechanic that saves us from the dull 'most dps equals most efficient against every single mobtype' disaster that seems to be the case in nearly every mmorpg these days.
    What are the plans for Ashes regarding this aspect?
  • In most mmo's its a drag to level a healer (alone). Is there a way to respecc our skills? If yes, what will it cost?
  • Hi, new to the forums, but signed up a while ago due to Asmon/Narc/Peon's coverage.

So, I know it is late in development. How late? Who knows... cause we still have no idea as to when Alpha 2 will be ready.

But I am a 10 year veteran of Final Fantasy XIV. Been playing since it was on the PS3, since it was all I had.

And I think it's possible that you know where I am going with this question: Controller Support.

As I said, I know it is LATE in development. Still, I was curious as to if controller support was a thing that has been worked on but just not advertised, or it wasn't in the cards but if enough people wanted it, it'd get worked on.

I am an AVID controller player in FFXIV. I can't do KB/M due to my fingers just not being strong enough to deal with my keyboard (Then again, I'm using a Razer Mecha-membrane keyboard, so maybe I need to get a proper mechanical keyboard.)

My question: Are you willing to do Controller Support, and if you are, are you looking for people for a Controller Support team? I may not be able to write code, but I believe I can be a consultant cause I have played FFXIV so long and I know quite a bit about their setup.

I know, I know... "Who are you to come on in here and just straight up ask for a job?" A lot of people will be asking this, but as I said... I am an AVID controller user for FFXIV and I think I could be an asset for something like this. Also, as a Hockey great from my country once said: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
  • edited March 2023
    Will items in your inventory expire or degrade?
    Like harvested Animal Meats eg catch fish? Or Gatherables like Berries? or even Crafted Food?

If they do expire after set time, Can you store them in a warehouse or something to stop them from decaying?
  • Does your choice of secondary archetype effect what passive skills will be available to you, or are those locked in by your primary archetype?

(Specifically asking about passive not active skills, I know active skills are chosen from the primary archetype selection.)
  • When do you plan to release the game? I want an approximate date, not "when it is ready".
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Controller is not a priority
    When your corrupted and you log off for the night will their corrupted status timer still be active? or will the timer keep counting down to zero while their logged off?

Corruption doesnt have a timer.
  • SweatycupSweatycup Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will the game ever get VR support of any kind? Would be nice to fully immerse myself whether visually or with my full body.
  • Friend or Foe question:

My (hypothetical) node can not declare war on its neighbouring parent node. Also, if my neighbour gets sieged i will only be able to register as a defender, not as an attacker. Therefore, it would seem to me that the game determines that my neighbour is my friend. But ultimately, my neighbour is blocking my node's possibility to grow. So shouldn't my neighbour also be my foe? What is the intended dynamic? Thanks in advance.
  • RazThemunRazThemun Member
    edited March 2023
    Will all primary archetypes be available for Alpha 2 launch?
  • **IMPORTANT**

Will Straw Hats be in the Game. They are essential for gameplay elements! I will not be able to sail the seas without one and would also be sad!
    c8Ft6ax.png
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Does a caravan stop moving or slow down when it is attacked?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• TiloTilo Member
    With the recent push of AI like ChatGPT4.0 for example, does Intrepid have any plans to implement such AI's into Ashes of Creation soon or for future expansions? Keep up the good work. You guys are doing awesome!
  • In addition to changing skills with augments when using the secondary archetype, why not add a couple of unique skills for each of the 64 classes so that each feels more unique and complete? For example, for the Bladecaller class, you could add a skill that summons blades flying at the target.
  • Has the stance around no PVP on Freeholds as per the wiki changed or is this still the plan.
  • kalkazkalkaz Member, Intrepid Pack
    Do you have any thoughts about using the very popular language model AI systems out there as a toll in the game? Such as NPC conversations, Quest Assistance, In-Game Chat, or a personal assistant for game related topics? Thanks for all the great work!
  • Will players in ashes of creation have AOE pull and AOE push effects?
    Like in archeage for example
  • Do you still plan to include all the expected game systems you listed to be available for alpha 2 - like naval warfare? Some of those systems seem to be very far away from completing or even have barely started being worked on. Cause some of those systems sound like something that could be tested on a beta, while other like functioning ships, professions, all classes to be able to be tested, character creation, etc, those sound a bit more fundamental. Thank you for your time.
  • Frost01Frost01 Member
    edited March 2023
    For the summoner type classes, it has been said that the summon will be an extension of our play. Will this possibly look like our point of view becoming the summon while an AI takes over playing the character (keeping it in range and active, or vanishing completely)? For example, as a BeastMaster I summon my wolf and have the option to play AS the wolf while the system controls my character.
  • SuperplusSuperplus Member
    edited March 2023
    to force people who don't speak English to use only this language is to isolate them, you are here to play but can't communicate with anyone!, can you please consider servers by language

Novus ordo seclorum
  • SpaceWolfSpaceWolf Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will large dungeons such as the Tower of Carphin have anywhere near them to start a Caravan from?
  • d'Thare be sea monsters lurking in those wat'ers?
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited March 2023
    Minus wrote: »
    to force people who don't speak English to use only this language is to isolate them, you are here to play but can't communicate with anyone!, can you please consider servers by language

Do you know how many languages there are in the world?
    "Force"....
    Stop being a victim.