Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

SHINIES and so forth...

I've played quite a few games that had made use or lore artifacts or tomes of history that caused or allowed the character to acquire an item for enhancing their gear or a direct boost to an attribute. I'd like to see collections of lost shiny artifacts be part of a mosaic that once assembled offers a gift to the intrepid explorers as well as there city that would announce such a discovery and place it on display. The first city that has such an item would make it exclusive, thus preventing any other city from producing one. Perhaps it offers the city holding this artifact a boon. One that would be craved by others.

Comments

• That would be awesome :) To add, artifacts could then be stolen if they are sieged or the like. That would be awesome.

It would also fit well with ideas in this thread (or the other one floating around):
    Library 1
  • Oooh! That sounds like a great idea. Combining exploration, achievements, gear and crafting.

We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious. 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    You know, this kind of reminds me of building "Wonders" in games like Age of Empires or Civilization. 

It is a neat idea for a MMORPG...

• A rival city could assault another in the hope of capturing said boon and benefiting from it themselves. Sounds like a great idea! 3am raid incoming! :D 
  • That would be a pretty good way to maximize the impact of exploration and lore, I really like the idea :3
  • @NominalEgg like the shiny lore collectable in eq2? I spent a good deal of time hunting/collecting /trading for those. 
  • I think this is an excellent idea.  How can we best bring this to the attention of the dev team?  Maybe @Yaviey can help with that.  :)
  • Yeah I'm obsessed with EQ2 shinies, I would be so happy to have collection quests.