Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Legion of the Rose

VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
edited June 2023 in Announcements
1920_-_Voyager_Plus_-_Background.jpg

The Legion of the Rose is a fraternal order that pays homage to the legendary knights of the Order of Steel Bloom. Membership can only be gained by receiving and accepting an invitation to a series of trials designed to test a candidate’s chivalry, bravery, and dedication. Qualified candidates who successfully complete the trials are welcomed as Rose Legionnaires at a formal ceremony where they are gifted exquisite armor and weapons, proudly decorated with the floral themes of the Legion of the Rose. To be admitted into the illustrious and celebrated order is the fraternity’s greatest honor.

The Legion of the Rose cosmetic add-ons will be available in the Ashes of Creation shop from May 10, 2023 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific until June 14, 2023 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific. Don’t forget that Neither Snow, Nor Curse, Nor Jundark at Night… addons will be removed on May 10, 2023 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific when the new cosmetics swap over.

For more information, check out our news post: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2023-05-09-legion-of-the-Rose
community_management.gif

Comments

• Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2023
    I love these concepts for my female toon. Too bad you can't use the crown with the armour cosmetic...difficult choices ahead lol.

Edit: Got the diadem which should be beautiful with my Timeless Terrapine. Will still consider the rest.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Happymeal2415Happymeal2415 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I thought the game was staying away from bright colour combos? This set looks like someone painted the armor with the Powerpuff girls
  • ChocometeorChocometeor Member
    edited May 2023
    No hate in mind just trying to give some critics.
    - Only for the Armor set.
    I mean bright and colorful is nice but the colors should atleast fit together.. a little bit.
    If its the Legion of the Rose. maybe give more ''Rose'' Ornaments or Paintings on the Amor instead of just bright plain colors ?
    This is just a Clown's custome like that :(
    uwu
  • Goof3yGoof3y Member
    Looks great
  • ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    looks terrible lol
  • Am thinking the in-game variants will be colored differently, for the outfit.

It's a very complete, protective-looking set, but am not a fan of the odd coloring.

• Actus93Actus93 Member
    Is it just me or are the cosmetics getting worse every month.
    Actus93 wrote: »
    Is it just me or are the cosmetics getting worse every month.

Its variable, different people design them, however, I often seem to be attracted to those ones which are less popular which only makes these designs even more exclusive :)
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • "Is it just me or are the cosmetics getting worse every month."

Each person will find different cosmetics appealing that others do not. I got looking myself and I have purchased 4 of the last 25 cosmetics listed. So really when you look at it... only 4 have been appealing to me in the past 2 years. Which is A OK still.
    Some packages had all future cosmetics included so all cosmetics will be made with love :)
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Happymeal2415Happymeal2415 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    My concern isn't about whether it's liked or not. We had a big discussion about armor colours and dyes a while back. I thought the consensus was keep it to reasonable colour pallettes and not have bright neon stuff running around. The colour of this set is pretty much what I was hoping we wouldn't have. I have no problems with what is shaped like or the details. Literally just looks like someone picked colours at random and filled it in.
    They aren't neon colours though. They moved away from white, black, red and blue for once which is a good move in my opinion.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • They never said there weren't going to be brightly colored sets - They said that dyes will be applied to predetermined channels to affect the overall outfit instead of... Well, here..

Now one unique approach to the way we're doing this dye system is we're not allowing individual dyes to be applied on individual items, but instead we keep a cohesion across the set by applying that dye channel to your character; and when you equip a piece with your overall character it will assume that dye channel from your paper doll. So you apply the dyes to your character and when you equip a piece of item it will take that dye and it will influence the channel over that particular piece so that it comes into alignment. And what the reason that we're doing that is there's a lot of options with regards to customization for your character appearance, whether it be through transmog, through costumes, through mixing and matching sets and pieces that you can wear; and what we want to avoid is the rainbow effect where these pieces do not look good together and it creates the clown that's walking down the street.
  • I used to like the design of the cosmetics you could buy but tbh imo it gets worse and worse. Not just design wise but also quality wise. Put this next to some of the things around 1 year back and it's a huge difference. I really don't understand how this one got a pass. Colorful can be nice, but this looks really bad imo.

Don't wanna hate or hurt anyone's feelings but I'm a big fan of this project and just felt like i wanted to share my opinion in this case. I hope it looks a lot better when implemented in game.
  • KilionKilion Member
    Uchukage wrote: »
    I used to like the design of the cosmetics you could buy but tbh imo it gets worse and worse. Not just design wise but also quality wise. Put this next to some of the things around 1 year back and it's a huge difference. I really don't understand how this one got a pass. Colorful can be nice, but this looks really bad imo.

Don't wanna hate or hurt anyone's feelings but I'm a big fan of this project and just felt like i wanted to share my opinion in this case. I hope it looks a lot better when implemented in game.

The one before was great tbh. I think its more of a taste thing rather than anything else. I suspect some of the more girly and kawaii loving players will like this pack.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<