Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Wednesday, May 31 at 11am Pacific

VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
edited June 2023 in Announcements
qa-1920__6_.gif?h=250

Glorious Ashes of Creation Community!
Our next livestream featuring the Cyclops Combat Preview will be Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at 11am Pacific! (Click here to convert this to your local time.)

Similar to our past streams, we'd love to gather some questions from you to answer live! Please submit your question for our development team in the thread below, and we'll select 10 of them at random to answer at the end of our livestream. In order to accommodate a variety of questions from our community, please only post ONE question below, and the more direct and succinct the better (think one to two sentences)! Submissions end Monday, May 29, 2023 at 11am Pacific, so we can select your questions before the broadcast.

We'll see you soon for our development update livestream! twitch.tv/ashesofcreation

EDIT:
🎙️ The fight of the century has just concluded! Did you miss the action? Check out the recording on our YouTube channel now! 🥊 https://youtu.be/TnccM1wV3Eg

👁️ 🗡️ Tumok, the legendary cyclops has been defeated! https://youtu.be/gFYd9TJiRDQ
community_management.gif

Comments

• A question about Unique Legendaries and limited-per-server items:

Is there any contingency planned for Unique Legendary items and/or limited-quantity items to drop more copies in the event a player leaves the game for an extended period of time?
  • PlasticLemonsPlasticLemons Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will there be a limit to how many world events will be going on at any given time?
  • Dante MachiavelliDante Machiavelli Member, Alpha One
    Why was Margaret wearing a mocap suit and when can we see the outcome of that?
    ooh ooh oowa oowa
    -tenor.gif
  • GarrenGarren Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Do you plan on having the Mage's abilities adapt or become affected during different seasons/weather within Alpha 2?
  • -T0Mb--T0Mb- Member
    In monthly cosmetic packs there are different kinds of accessories. Can players dye these accessories?
  • SpentaSpenta Member
    Would love to know or a recap of how our Secondary Classes impact our Primary role. A little more details whether it is a Minor impact or something that will meaningfully change our gameplay. Summoner would be a great class to touch in this question as it seems to indicate different measures of focus.
    Following Our Lore Series which is based on Ashes of Creation You can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/@gildedhouseRP
  • ChaosFactorChaosFactor Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Given the growth in technology in AI, and also the potential it has associated with gaming or story telling..

Where if at all, will Ashes of Creation consider adding in elements of AI tech?

One of my personal favorite implementations already would include World of Warcrafts new custom add-on that provides a generated voice to HUNDREDS of NPCs that were previously near-silent.
    ej8s4cu9gp1n.png
  • DrunkninjaDrunkninja Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Is there a way for me to steal a Cow from another Player?
  • BillzbubBillzbub Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It has been said that each secondary archetype will have 4 schools of augmentation that can be applied to primary archetype abilities. To what extent will archetypes share these schools? In other words, will there be 32 schools (8 archetypes x 4 schools), or will there be less with some archetypes sharing some schools?
  • LaetitianLaetitian Member
    edited May 2023
    Hi, raid party. =)
    How set-in-stone are the upper limits of 40 active skills to choose from, and ~20 skills in the hotbar? Might they increase after Alpha 2, if the combat needs more distinct skills to give players enough tools, so their in-combat decision-making can stand out from others with similar builds?
  • RisingLightRisingLight Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will there be in-game tools to help with finding a party for a particular dungeon or event? Or will it be up to spamming chat in hopes for a response?
  • Regarding caravans and homesteads
    Will there be the opportunity to create caravan goods from a Homestead when a processing mastery is reached ? Or do the caravans only come from a certain place in a town/node ?
  • Will AoC change the reputation or experience rates after changes to the player node such as: city tier upgrades, changes of ownership, or seasonal biome changes?
    Axiom-Guild-Signature-Template.png
  • OzijakOzijak Member
    edited May 2023
    Given the growth in technology in AI, and also the potential it has associated with gaming or story telling..

Where if at all, will Ashes of Creation consider adding in elements of AI tech?

One of my personal favorite implementations already would include World of Warcrafts new custom add-on that provides a generated voice to HUNDREDS of NPCs that were previously near-silent.

I asked them this back in March and they answered: 'We're always looking at new tech and what makes sense to implement, or when to implement it, as we develop Ashes of Creation! ^_^'

I completely agree that the AI text to voice addon is a perfect example of what should be implemented into Ashes which isn't planning on voice acting and in 2023 an MMO without it, is just lacking. The addon does it so well, different races, genders, all sound unique and its highly emotive from just reading a text prompt, I imagine the AI makes other decisions based on that to make it sound so real. I was blown away.

I think it's fundamental Intrepid do this, that addon is just one person behind it afaik so not a huge investment and I know if Intrepid does it it will done to the same standard everything else is being done too.

So this month I won't ask a question, just highlight what I think is the importance of getting AI text to voice implemented into Ashes of Creation. And after the mage showcase, I think its really heading in the right direction so adding this, fixes one of the negatives about the whole project.

Intrepid is aware of it, just hoping to see it implemented & confirmed haha ^_^
  • In january 2022 Steven said "we are over 120 people working on the project" how many are you now?
  • Looking forward to the stream! :)

Concerning Nodes.

How has the movement over to Unreal 5 affected the Node development process? Are the systems mentioned in this video from a while back still relevant?
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=AYFKi4j-Zaw&t=210s

• How will the use of exploits and griefing be treated specifically in Alpha 2?
  • Are there any plans to have any classes or archetypes specialize in CC/debuffs/buffs during PvE/PvP content instead of adhering with the normal bounds of the tank/heals/dps trinity?
  • After watching the mage yield the Greatsword, will the Ranger Archetype have melee oriented abilities to allow for a more balanced fighting style, or will the bow always be bae?
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited May 2023
    Will there be archetype ability restrictions, that allow the players to use certain abilities only if the correct/corresponding weapon is equipped, or will all abilities be homogenized, regardless of equipped weapons?
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will unique legendaries be equal to crafted legendaries?
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    Can we hit our partymate to wake them up from Slumber (both of use are flagged)?
  • AniionAniion Member
    If you wipe a party doing a world boss, does the boss fully reset, or does their damage done still make it possible to receive loot posthumously?
  • How many of the 8 primary archetypes do you expect to be fully working at the beginning of Alpha 2?
    4hli378yxivk.png
    Breeding My Summons
  • 13Jekyll13Jekyll Member
    edited May 2023
    It is stated that "A character may only master one of the three parent artisan classes.", "It is possible to master up to two professions within this mastered artisan class per character (subject to testing)." and
    "A character will be able to achieve up to tier 3 or tier 4 proficiency in professions that are not mastered." But what about mastering professions beyond the artisan class that I'm going into. For example, how far can a metalworker/smelter go into mining profession from the gatherer artisan class? How much is he "tied" to people that provide him with materials? In my pov it would be cool if you could master up 3 profession within an artisan class or 2 professions from any artisan class.
    4hli378yxivk.png
    Breeding My Summons
  • vahrovahro Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    With the Unreal Engine Update 5.2 comes native support for the Apple Silicon Macs. Based on such support, is there a possibility that Ashes will be playable on MacOS in the future?
  • ShouriShouri Member
    In other MMORPG's that have been around for a while now, PvE (specially raiding) has increased the difficulty a lot, adding simultaneous and complicated mechanics. It almost looks like they were racing against addons that make the PvE experience easier, and of course, to keep offering the playerbase challenges... But that probably appeals to a reduced amount of players, and might discourage new / fresh players who might be interested in playing the game in the future.

So the questions are:
    1- What are your plans for raid's difficulty in the long run?
    2- Thoughts on permitting addons like Raid Assist versus raw experience?
  • Ace1234Ace1234 Member
    edited May 2023
    Aside from mounts, what traversal options will there be and how do you plan on making these fun to use? (For example, will there be things like shield surfing, and will physics/momentum play a role in making these interesting?)
  • For people intending to PvP every day, what content is going to be available 24/7, so they always have something to do (aside from ganking randos)? Caravans, guild wars, arenas, or something else?

(I ask as a PvE-leaning player who doesn't want to get ganked by randos.)
  • JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    "What happens when a summoner is asleep but their summon is not in terms of the summons ability to act and actions?"
    🔦🔱⚔️Selling pro pain and pro pain accessories. ⚔️🔱🔦