Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Alpha 2 : Give us something to try please !

I declare it's time to launch Alpha 2!

Anyway the Alpha 2 will run at the same time as the Beta 1 and 2 so it doesn't matter if the game is not finished.

Let us test at least one class... Or at worst, the character creation system.

I hope we don't spend another 10 years on it. All the work done is respectable but we'll die of old age before the game is released if this continues.

I think many of us would be willing to buy an Alpha pack today if there was a release date.

Think about your cash flow.

Comments

• Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    This has to be the worst post in history of post.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Patience my young apprentice.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited May 2023
    Myosotys wrote: »
    I declare it's time to launch Alpha 2!
    Hello Steven, thanks for joining us. You're welcome to use your normal account, though.

Anyway the Alpha 2 will run at the same time as the Beta 1 and 2 so it doesn't matter if the game is not finished.
    Hmmm, it's almost like you're not Steven after all, with such little knowledge of their development process.
    The Betas are likely to be a LOT shorter than Alpha-2, which is where the majority of the game will be completed. The Betas will be for final tweaks, not for finishing the game.

I think many of us would be willing to buy an Alpha pack today if there was a release date.
    Many of us have already been willing to buy an Alpha pack. I don't suppose they're interested in impatient people who want to play instead of test.

Huh, maybe I'm Steven and just didn't know it!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    daveywavey wrote: »
    We are all Steven.
  • BeOwningUBeOwningU Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    *GIF of religious icon naming and claiming it*
    kzlop9coy4kh.png
  • NiKr wrote: »
    daveywavey wrote: »
    We are all Steven.

I am Neegan Steven
  • You're being too hasty man, Alpha 2 in 2025 is the right way to do it.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • I don't get this anxiety about the game. Have you seen Cyberpunk? People wanted the game, people got the game, people complained the game wasn't finished, but they demanded the game in the first place.
    So I would rather wait another 3 years.
    Why? There are no other games. Throne and Liberty? Lol. Wow classic re classic reforged? Aion classic? lmao.
    So Steven, take your time.
    And about you OP, take a Chamomile tea and watch some korean dramas, you need it.
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    I totally understand your excitement! We are so excited to release Alpha Two, as soon as it's ready ^_^
    community_management.gif
  • OP sounds like a 6-year-old kid begging her mom for a taste of the unbaked cookie dough... it's cute but it's immature.
  • MarcetMarcet Member
    why would anyone want to play an unfinished game?

or even make the developers hurry to finish it quickly
  • NemesesNemeses Member
    edited May 2023
    Hahaha all the fanbois jumping on the OP, somethings never change!

Rather have 20 like the OP than 1000 fanbois, they never good for any games development!!
    The Immortals
    • We Lived a Thousand Lives, United we Stand.
    • Recruitment
  • Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    Nemeses wrote: »

Rather have 20 like the OP than 1000 fanbois, they never good for any games development!!

You are trying to say "fanboys" to discredit people. The people her will be critical when they need to, if you are unable to recognize a bad take and defend something selfish, you are part of that issue that leads to bad game development.

Part of the crowd yelling to play something that is not ready for consumers that can't under development or deal with major issues. Than spam doa.
  • edited May 2023
    The hardcore forum users on here need to pipe down. It's giving miserable energy how quick they get on defense mode.

OP is just excited.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited May 2023
    The hardcore forum users on here need to pipe down. It's giving miserable energy how quick they get on defense mode.

OP is just excited.

Excited is good.

However, requests that are unrealistic need to be met with people pointing out how and why they are unrealistic.

I mean, the notion that people would buy an alpha pack if the game had a release date is kind of unrealistic in and of itself.

If the developers set a release date and then something - anything - that was unexpected came up in alpha, there wouldnt be time to address it. If there is still an alpha or early beta test to be done, a release date cant yet be set.

Any "beta testing" that takes place after a games release date is set either means that release date WILL be pushed back, or that "beta testing" is actually just marketing.
  • GarrtokGarrtok Member
    The character creator would be nice
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    That being said, I would be partial to a highly caveoted siege weekend!
  • Nemeses wrote: »

I partially agree with.

Some old dinausaurs are convinced their old registration on this forum gives them a special place that lets them think they own the game.

After all, 90% of the forum posts are written by less than 30 people. I dare to hope that the forum isn't representative of the game's future community, and that this clique of sycophants isn't the only one who's interested in the game.
  • Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    edited May 2023

I partially agree with.

Some old dinausaurs are convinced their old registration on this forum gives them a special place that lets them think they own the game.

After all, 90% of the forum posts are written by less than 30 people. I dare to hope that the forum isn't representative of the game's future community, and that this clique of sycophants isn't the only one who's interested in the game.

When you try to sum of some of the responses given to you as being on the forums for awhile, ignoring them to look for someone that is agreeing with your bad take.

If the game was ready people would be playing it, testing / feedback is for the developers, it is not to sate your desire for a mmorpg by playing a unfinished parts of a unfinished game for your personal enjoyment over actually helping the developers.
  • Mag7spy wrote: »

I partially agree with.

When you try to sum of some of the responses given to you as being on the forums for awhile, ignoring them to look for someone that is agreeing with your bad take.

If the game was ready people would be playing it, testing / feedback is for the developers, it is not to sate your desire for a mmorpg by playing a unfinished parts of a unfinished game for your personal enjoyment over actually helping the developers.

There is no right or wrong point of view. There are only truths, lies or ignorance. Your argments are either ignorance or lies to denigrate those who disagree with you.

If a game is "ready", what's the point of testing it?

Unless I'm mistaken, we don't know each other. So I wonder what you know about my "personal enjoyment".

In any case, thank you Theresa for your kindness and for being the one and only to respond to the needs of developers.
  • Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    Mag7spy wrote: »

I partially agree with.

There is no right or wrong point of view. There are only truths, lies or ignorance. Your argments are either ignorance or lies to denigrate those who disagree with you.

Unless I'm mistaken, we don't know each other. So I wonder what you know about my "personal enjoyment".

In any case, thank you Theresa for your kindness and for being the one and only to respond to the needs of developers.

It is funny you are trying to tell me I'm lying and ignorant when you don't know a single thing about game development? You want to play it as a game and you have 0 desire to make it better with the way you are trying to sling some words.

If you can't read or understand what people are saying I can't say with any confidence you are going to actually help the games development.

Read the words coming out of my mouth "They will release alpha 2 when they are ready"

THERE is a difference between Ready (the game is done and developed in the way you are using the term) and a game being ready for development.

WHY can you not understand the difference if people are informing you
  • MyosotysMyosotys Member
    edited May 2023

I partially agree with.

It is funny you are trying to tell me I'm lying and ignorant when you don't know a single thing about game development? You want to play it as a game and you have 0 desire to make it better with the way you are trying to sling some words.

If you can't read or understand what people are saying I can't say with any confidence you are going to actually help the games development.

Read the words coming out of my mouth "They will release alpha 2 when they are ready"

THERE is a difference between Ready (the game is done and developed in the way you are using the term) and a game being ready for development.

What is more funny is that you are opening your big dirty mouth to split on others posts when you should keep it close and look somewhere else instead of showing disrespect. You see yourself as the guardian of a unique way of thinking that you yourself invented.
  • Mag7spyMag7spy Member

I partially agree with.

What is more funny is that you are opening your big dirty mouth to split on others posts when you should keep it close and look somewhere else instead of showing disrespect. You see yourself as the guardian of a unique way of thinking that you yourself invented.

Here are some games you can play as you wait "Redfall" and "The Lord of the Rings: Gollum"
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited May 2023
    If Intrepid were ready for testing to be done, we would be testing.

Since we are not testing right now, obviously Intrepid are not ready for testing.

I mean, it isn't like you just get people testing a product all through development. Before a product is sent for testing (especially external testing), it needs to be in a place where the developers are somewhat finished with all basic concepts. Sure, polish doesnt need to be too high for testing, but the foundation needs to be in place.

Also, testing a single class is basically pointless. We can test functionality, but only of that classes abilities, vs that same classes abilities. There is no way to test that class against any ability that the class itself does not have, making all of that testing basically pointless.

You mentioned above about respect, and how some posters aren't showing you any. Perhaps you should turn that around and start showing some respect towards Intrepid. Assume that when they are ready for testing and feedback to begin, they will make sure we are able to test it and provide feedback. The reverse of showing Intrepid this basic level of respect is understanding that if we are not currently able to test the game, Intrepid are not currently in a position where they want or need testing to be done.

If it is testing you want to be taking part in - as opposed to just playing the game - and if you want that testing to be valuable to Intrepid, you would want to wait until they are ready for us to test.