Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Throne and Liberty systems similar to AoC & Their twist on them

Comments

• Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    Azherae wrote: »
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    NiKr wrote: »
    I just want a good modern mmorpg, i don't want to play a mobile game -hides in a corner-.
    In Steven we trust.
    Maybe in end game with pvp there will be more movement, but im expecting the pve content to be dead easy and gear checks. But i guess we will see.
    That's pretty much exactly how L2 was, so I definitely hope that TL can repeat that.

Ya that is what im saying, early game doesn't represent how things will be later on, let alone fighting dead easy mobs. Same way BDO early game combat is trash and clunky, if you don't have a kit you can't do nearly as much.

Can't frustrate the whales right out the gate.

That wouldn't be very cash money of them.

lol, what does your group think of the game?
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I just want a good modern mmorpg, i don't want to play a mobile game -hides in a corner-.
    In Steven we trust.
    Maybe in end game with pvp there will be more movement, but im expecting the pve content to be dead easy and gear checks. But i guess we will see.
    That's pretty much exactly how L2 was, so I definitely hope that TL can repeat that.

Ya that is what im saying, early game doesn't represent how things will be later on, let alone fighting dead easy mobs. Same way BDO early game combat is trash and clunky, if you don't have a kit you can't do nearly as much.

Can't frustrate the whales right out the gate.

That wouldn't be very cash money of them.

lol, what does your group think of the game?

It seems about as good as an L2-BDO Hybrid could be.

Just as you said though, like with those games, it's almost impossible to know if anything is actually hard. They definitely won't want to scare off people, and the average paths likely to be taken by streamers, even skilled streamers, wouldn't show anything.

So there's no real opinions right now. It's looking a little below average but judging games based on the 'playthrough path' that they craft for the 'average MMO player' is useless.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    Though the share amount of hate the game is getting because of combat pretty much sets in stone pantheon is DOA in the west.
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    Though the share amount of hate the game is getting because of combat pretty much sets in stone pantheon is DOA in the west.
    I spent the entire 7 hours arguing with streamer's chat about the combat and how "games can be different and for different audiences". People's minds were exploding at seeing a tab rooted auto-combat game :D
  • Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    I spent the entire 7 hours arguing with streamer's chat about the combat and how "games can be different and for different audiences". People's minds were exploding at seeing a tab rooted auto-combat game :D

It is age we are moving on from,. people don't want gameplay like that. I'm also someone that wants movement in their gameplay. In any forum or video almost everyone is just not liking it at the end of the day.

Which tbh for me it is good that people are leaning towards more action elements or feelings in their games including mmorpgs.
  • OkeydokeOkeydoke Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2023
    Man. I don't even know what to say anymore. NCSoft, making mmos for 25 years or something, and this is what they come up with. At this point, if I was them, I'd just lean into carebear/pve features, try to capture that market. The pvp features look bland and tired anyway, what we know about them at least. Scheduled pvp events in zones and world bosses, yeah have fun with your group of 5 gaming buddies getting absolutely dunked by pvp mega guilds A, B, C and D who will be there every time thanks to fast travel and the fact that it's scheduled. What a dumb idea to funnel everyone who wants to pvp into that kind of meat grinder.

The formula is so simple. Create a large world, with a large variety of content types. Dungeons, sport fishing, gathering, trade runs/caravans, mob grinding spots, crop farming, treasure hunting, sieges etc on and on. Make it all contestable. Temper it with a criminal/reputation system. No fast travel. The problems of zerging, bullying and domination by mega pvp guilds, or being constantly pk'd - it's all minimized by being diffused over the large map and the large variety of content.

Chasing tails in a field NCSoft? What kind of second grade, schoolyard recess bullshit pvp. Are you kidding me.

I want to see someone gathering a valuable resource get murdered by someone else. I want to see the murderer looting his dead body. Then he turns around and there's 5 of his victim's friends charging in full pursuit. He takes off running, jumps off a cliff, pops his gliding mount with his pursuers doing the same. (Cue the serene music.) He's gliding in the air over a valley trying to decide where to go, how to escape. Below him there's a full on caravan battle happening. Off in the distance to his right he sees smoke rising from a city under siege. In the distance to the left, in the ocean, multiple ships are going at it in full battle. He's gliding further, he sees a world boss being attacked below him. The noise of the wind going past him as he glides, the serene music still playing. His pursuers still on his tail. He makes a play, releases from his glider and drops fast, then redeploys it. HIs pursuers try to mimic the move but fail. The murderer shakes them. He finds a nice landing spot near some palm trees. Very dangerous mob instantly jumps him, he kills it, loots it. Hell yeah. Heart racing. Turns around and there's 3 bounty hunters, he's dead. A pile of ashes, with smoke rising from it. Gradual scene transition focusing on the smoke as it rises and begins to morph and form itself into the AoC phoenix logo. pcawwwwww. Or whatever that bird noise is.

Theres your promotional trailer Intrepid. Ship it. I'll take royalties.

What the fuck NcSoft is doing, I have no idea. I didn't even get into the combat or autobattle yet. No point, probably going to be a hard pass for me.
  • Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    Okeydoke wrote: »
    Man. I don't even know what to say anymore. NCSoft, making mmos for 25 years or something, and this is what they come up with. At this point, if I was them, I'd just lean into carebear/pve features, try to capture that market. The pvp features look bland and tired anyway, what we know about them at least. Scheduled pvp events in zones and world bosses, yeah have fun with your group of 5 gaming buddies getting absolutely dunked by pvp mega guilds A, B, C and D who will be there every time thanks to fast travel and the fact that it's scheduled. What a dumb idea to funnel everyone who wants to pvp into that kind of meat grinder.

The formula is so simple. Create a large world, with a large variety of content types. Dungeons, sport fishing, gathering, trade runs/caravans, mob grinding spots, crop farming, treasure hunting, sieges etc on and on. Make it all contestable. Temper it with a criminal/reputation system. No fast travel. The problems of zerging, bullying and domination by mega pvp guilds, or being constantly pk'd - it's all minimized by being diffused over the large map and the large variety of content.

Chasing tails in a field NCSoft? What kind of second grade bullshit pvp. Are you kidding me.

I want to see someone gathering a valuable resource get murdered by someone else. I want to see the murderer looting his dead body. Then he turns around and there's 5 of his victim's friends charging in full pursuit. He takes off running, jumps off a cliff, pops his gliding mount with his pursuers doing the same. (Cue the serene music.) He's gliding in the air over a valley trying to decide where to go, how to escape. Below him there's a full on caravan battle happening. Off in the distance to his right he sees smoke rising from a city under siege. In the distance to the left, in the ocean, multiple ships are going at it in full battle. He's gliding further, he sees a world boss being attacked below him. The noise of the wind going past him as he glides, the serene music still playing. His pursuers still on his tail. He makes a play, releases from his glider and drops fast, then redeploys it. HIs pursuers try to mimic the move but fail. The murderer shakes them. He finds a nice landing spot near some palm trees. Very dangerous mob instantly jumps him, he kills it, loots it. Hell yeah. Heart racing. Turns around and there's 3 bounty hunters, he's dead.

Theres your promotional trailer Intrepid. Ship it. I'll take royalties.

What the fuck NcSoft is doing, I have no idea. I didn't even get into the combat or autobattle yet. No point, probably going to be a hard pass for me.

yuuup, im going to play since it is free and nothing else to play. But if my entire leadership continue to says game is trash and dont want to play it not much i can do. Not running a guild solo lol.
    I think the game will still have some success. It's competing against games that are just as bad. But yeah, I'm off the boat. I could conceivably be reeled back in, but not even sure at this point what that would take exactly.
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    You wanna know what they're doing? It's this
    x2q2q9qd8hck.png
    b6orgah2pgp4.png
    zu4330cvkb8l.png
    All those Lineages are mobile, with auto-battling, with tps, with all the shit that TL has. All of them on their own make fucking billions. This is what NCsoft are doing. THEY'RE MAKING BANK.
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    edited May 2023
    Depraved wrote: »
    Now imagine that but on the scale of a whole damn party doing that. This is exactly the shit that made me argue against Niem's idea of "let cleric just tp the whole damn party out as soon as a single dude dies". L2 had this in a very very slightly better way, because you always went to town there when you fast tped, while here you can just move 100m away to the closest tp spot.

Now it should be said that the archer didn't have stuns or big bursts or anything like that. That was over 5 secs of the streamer doing pretty much nothing and the archer couldn't do shit because he didn't have any tools. Late game would probably go down differently. But the potential problem is still there.
  • Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    edited May 2023
    Now imagine that but on the scale of a whole damn party doing that. This is exactly the shit that made me argue against Niem's idea of "let cleric just tp the whole damn party out as soon as a single dude dies". L2 had this in a very very slightly better way, because you always went to town there when you fast tped, while here you can just move 100m away to the closest tp spot.

Now it should be said that the archer didn't have stuns or big bursts or anything like that. That was over 5 secs of the streamer doing pretty much nothing and the archer couldn't do shit because he didn't have any tools. Late game would probably go down differently. But the potential problem is still there.

I didn't realize that is how he wanted teleport to be lmao.

Thank fully steven is bringing passion back to game development. That is something that is almost lost at this point. It really is becoming money over making amazing art and a experience for players. If I had a crap ton of money I'd be doing the same thing lol.
  • LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2023
    lib2dk23cict.jpg
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
    THEY'RE MAKING BANK.

Not my bank. But yeah the mobile gaming market is lucrative. And they're trying to introduce it into the wider MMORPG market. Create converts. Whittle away people's disgust of those types of features by just exposing them to it. It works. I am immune to such bullshittery. But many aren't.

So I get what they're doing from a financial perspective. Not the "how to make a good mmo" perspective though. They're just the typical mega corp.

I don't know how exactly the strategy of taking a mobile mmo, converting it into a "regular" mmo, but it still having very obvious mobile mmo features is going to work out. I think it will have success, not sure how much. Some people are just corn. They like to be farmed.
  • NiKr wrote: »

yeah party recall was lame (unless I was using it hahaha) and now u just tp to the safe spot nearby and come back full health and try again.

and jesus gear difference is noticeable in this game
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    I don't know how exactly the strategy of taking a mobile mmo, converting it into a "regular" mmo, but it still having very obvious mobile mmo features is going to work out. I think it will have success, not sure how much. Some people are just corn. They like to be farmed.
    It won't have success in the west, that's for sure. But I'm almost sure that it's gonna make at least a fwe hundred million in the east. It's a pretty game that you can play while you're grinding at work and that you'll be able to p2w to the top with all that money that you made at work. The perfect strat that's been working in the east for the past 30 damn years.

Amazon just keeps messing up by buying up all these eastern mmos, because the west is just not ready for them. I'd give it a few more years of genshin and star rail (and probably ZZZ) and the west will be ready too.
  • Azherae wrote: »

My sarcastometer does not work.
    Are you sure ?
    Because honestly, the things that TnL has shown seem to me more like things from AoC's A1 than anything else.
    In fact I can safely say that the combat that AoC has been showing currently is much better than the combat TnL has shown now.
    EDym4eg.png

My sarcastometer does not work.
    Are you sure ?
    Because honestly, the things that TnL has shown seem to me more like things from AoC's A1 than anything else.
    In fact I can safely say that the combat that AoC has been showing currently is much better than the combat TnL has shown now.

I have learned not to be sarcastic with you, so still 'yes'.

If you were being sarcastic with the post, then that might be why the response is out of sync.

• NCsoft always being a pionner, sadly now a pionner in the disgusting release of a "Mobile PC MMORPG" and you can bet your soul that if they financially pull it off, it will spread like a plague for future MMORPGs.
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    NCsoft always being a pionner, sadly now a pionner in the disgusting release of a "Mobile PC MMORPG" and you can bet your soul that if they financially pull it off, it will spread like a plague for future MMORPGs.

stop...
  • Mag7spy wrote: »
    stop...

Ahgrr... i can't... my realistic pessimism is taking over me... someone stop ncsoft pls...
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    stop...

Ahgrr... i can't... my realistic pessimism is taking over me... someone stop ncsoft pls...

Intrepid studios x NCsoft introducing new partnership Ashes of liberty....Thrones of creation.
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    Watched Asmon react to TL. I cannot wait for the absolute drop in playerbase of TL (from maybe 100k on release). Asmon hated it so much that he got tired :D
  • Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    Watched Asmon react to TL. I cannot wait for the absolute drop in playerbase of TL (from maybe 100k on release). Asmon hated it so much that he got tired :D

Can you link the video or is just at some random point on his twitch?

• NiKrNiKr Member
    Can you link the video or is just at some random point on his twitch?
    Pretty much the remainder of the stream from here
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1828732440?t=2h56m
  • i watched the game for a while yesterday, and the systems around the game arent bad, and I found how you build your character exciting. i don't really mind auto pathing, in fact, I like it. regarding auto hunting, the problem is that everybody will use it so its going to be hard to make a party to do stuff since everybody will be afk (unless you make an afk party with ur friends). on the other hand, authunting is mostly for daily quests and stuff. for harder content you need to play manually.

combat wasn't THat great, but it wasn't that bad either. you just have to treat it like a mobile game you can play on PC. however, I was only able to observe low level combat (level 13 max) and people only had 3 skills, no passives, etc. i suppose combat will get better as you level up, pretty much like in most games.

I'm not sure about how p2w is the game though. it seems that gear will matter a lot in this game (upgrading it, etc). so far it seems you don't really get much from auto farming, other than completing your daily quests. killing mobs didn't give you a big reward, completing the quests do, which is a good thing IMO since people wont be able to get miles ahead by just afking all day, unless u set up 8947756756 computers auto picking up quests and completing them :D and by that I mean botting since I didn't see a way to auto pick quests. you still have to manually play a lil bit if you want the big rewards.

pvp seemed ok, not a huge difference from how u pve, but hey it was low level, players barely had any skills. you can still kite and all that, but for the most part, it seemed that upgrading your gear and skills > strategy, at least at low levels.

i wanna see how guild wars go tho and I didn't see anyone playing as a healer. everybody was using bow and dagger lol.

didn't see dungeons, but according to ncsoft they will have pvp activated, so you probably wont be able to afk too much, which is a good thing.

so far seems a game where you can chill. auto farm easy stuff during your busy hours of the day, then do some pvp and some more complex quests when you have time to play manually.

• JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    NCsoft always being a pionner, sadly now a pionner in the disgusting release of a "Mobile PC MMORPG" and you can bet your soul that if they financially pull it off, it will spread like a plague for future MMORPGs.

All easy PvE games are equivalent to Mobile games. I'm not surprised or worried about auto hunting because at the end of the day PvP MMO's with high TTK can't have hard PvE. You can just attack other people's mobs anyway, this is just the natural progression of lineage. Nostalgia and stubbornness keep some players from botting even in games that are basically bot grindfests.

At least with Astral Hunting the system won't try to hit other people's claimed mobs, Ashes bots won't care at all.
    🔦🔱⚔️Selling pro pain and pro pain accessories. ⚔️🔱🔦