Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Wednesday, May 31 at 11am Pacific

Comments

• Hi, when can we see a live showcase of the bard?
  • Will there be custom respawn points, that can be placed by players in the open world or only checkpoint based respawn points like nearest graveyard/city to respawn at?
  • _Rads_ wrote: »
    Will the monthly subscription cost be location based or 15$ for everyone?

Because some people don't live in rich countries and 15$ is pretty much. Or at least make it cheaper for 3 months, 6, 9 and so on..

"There will be no region locking, but certain regions will have "harmonized" subscription prices that better reflect their local economies. Harmonized regions will be segregated from other regions.[5][6]"
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Payment_model
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • CastaiCastai Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Have you considered implementing double jumping into the game at all? Maybe not with player characters, but possibly with mounts since there is already flying and gliding(?).
    youtube.com/watch?v=I_LhGxdKBNQ&t=5210s youtube.com/watch?v=nOd9PV6jcqU&t=4668s
    youtube.com/watch?v=gFYd9TJiRDQ&t=4209s youtube.com/watch?v=TpBSGYWxd38&t=4969s
    youtube.com/watch?v=RetA3thzdiM&t=5100s
  • Will it be possible for a Cleric to spec into a viable dps role with the right choice of secondary archetype and skill points?
  • SweatycupSweatycup Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We have seen lots of cool mounts! Will we see any mounts to carry our friends around? Will/could caravans also be used for this purpose?
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will it be possible to kick a player from a party or raid just before finishing off a boss to deny them their share of the loot?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• SunScriptSunScript Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If the Dual Wield system is flexible, will there be a way to activate the weapon procs of the offhand reliably?
    Bow before the Emperor and your lives shall be spared. Refuse to bow and your lives shall be speared.
  • SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What equipment slot does a Bard's Instrument take up?
  • Are you considering leveraging AI language models to create dynamic, immersive and more interesting NPCs?
  • arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    What is intrepid´s stance regarding ai voice over tech?
    I could see it adding a lot of value, not only for voicing quests, but also to make nodes feel more alive.

-Player may have some controll over what the merchants are shouting, depending on which items you want the merchant stall to advertise for you

-When events are triggered (like hordes of mobs attacking a node) npcs could rally players and so on

• GoalidGoalid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    In many PvP MMOs, AoE spam can quickly become the meta and be difficult to balance with simple damage adjustments. More recent games like New World solve this problem by not having the same "layered" AoE spell stack damage at all. What is Intrepid doing to combat AoE spam?
    bRVL6TR.png

• Does server prime time affect the frequency of dungeon boss spawn times, or is spawn time static interval throughout the day?
  • Will the summoner be able to spawn flying summons? Or ones that can go underwater so the summoner will be useful in naval combat and sea world bosses?
    4hli378yxivk.png
    Breeding My Summons
  • YullishYullish Member
    edited May 2023
    Can we get more information on what we can expect from late game set effects? and how build changing they will be.
  • VenkalVenkal Member
    When it comes to naval content will the fastest ships be the largest, smallest, or somewhere in the middle?
  • xVexXxVexX Member
    Will server merging be considered if a servers player population starts to decline to much? Mainly reffering to OCE Australia. And how will that work?
  • GarrtokGarrtok Member
    edited May 2023
    Since travel times are important, what is there to discover, that will distract you from going straight to your initial destination? What makes traveling adventurous in aoc?
  • KilionKilion Member
    During an open encounter: What are the advantages of taking out another competing group in an open world encounter and what are disadvantages for the group who got taken out?
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Kiwi_Kiwi_ Member
    What are your plans on preventing RMTing, especially account selling - later for the game of course, but also with whats going on now already?
  • Because of the Node system and bringing our towns to life: how much negative impact will it have on our character if we are trying to grind our way through the story line rather than focusing on the Nodes? Or does the story line involve working within the Nodes
  • SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will the combat be more deterministic? Will player mastery account and input inconsistency account for the bulk of PvP and PvE victories?
  • SpaceWolfSpaceWolf Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Do UnderRealm nodes have entirely different building types even when built up by non-Tulnar races?
  • Do you choose to specialize in one school in your secondary class? e.g. do I choose mage as my secondary class, and then choose the frost school - does that mean frost augment gets applied to all my abilities?
  • ICEFOOLICEFOOL Member
    Will shared questing be an option in Ashes of Creation? I feel like that system offers a better co-op experience overall.
  • As far as PvP goes and well could be applied to PvE as well how much cross server interaction is there going to be. For example battlegrounds or huge pvp zones could be accessed by more than one server to keep number healthy. (Instance open world in this case open server pvp zone) And cross server PvE is also pretty convenient. Might have trouble finding a guild that does forty man raids that has an opening on your server especially if it very dificult content that a small percent of players do.
  • RoofianRoofian Member
    If I hire mercenary NPC's to go with a caravansery how good will the AI "play"/be at combat?
  • ZynthoZyntho Member
    edited May 2023
    The graphics you've shown so far looks great. I'm assuming that it will be somewhat of a demanding game for GPUs. Streaming tech and services has improved a lot the last year. Have you considered services like Nvidia's Geforce NOW to allow playing from lower end computers?
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    edited May 2023
    Hello again glorious Ashes of Creation community! Thank you to everyone who stopped by and shared a question with us for this month’s stream. Q&A submissions are now closed, and we’ll see you at 11AM Pacific on Wednesday for our livestream!

twitch.tv/ashesofcreation
    community_management.gif
  • in relation to PvP.

will we be able to collect body parts from our fallen victims?
    i.e. skull of a mayor we sieged, the ear of a random PvP kill.
    and if so, can we also collect their hearts if say we are proficient enough in alchemy??