Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What's the Lore behind your character so far?

With the small bits and pieces of lore we have so far, what will your characters back story be?

Heres mine

Name: Ninjaninjarap
Archetype: Rogue
Race: Kaelar

Backstory: Ninjaninjarap was kidnapped from his family during a raid on his family's Freehold when he was an infant. He was rescued by an unknown race from the Underrealm. There, he learned the art of stealth under the guidance of (to be determined). 

Everything subject to change as more lore is released.. (including his name lol)

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I like your backstory! I'm awful at writing but imma try so don't judge xD

Name: Avalon
    Archetype: Cleric
    Race: Tulnar

Avalon is a part of the forgotten, the people of the underrealm. His small village got word of 8 new races of people coming back to their world. They decided to venture out and try to learn more about their sudden appearance. Once they walked into the sunlight, many monsters ravaged the lands and attacked his people. He was forced to hide in the forest. Forced to watch his people die to keep the younger generation alive. Avalon ran away that day, and prayed to the Gods to teach him the ways of the cleric. He wanted to help and heal, instead of watch everyone die. Ever since, he was dedicated to healing groups on their journeys to rid this world of its evils.

Oh my, is mine too long ;-; I've never written a backstory before tbh lol
  • Lanova said:

Avalon is a part of the forgotten, the people of the underrealm. His small village got word of 8 new races of people coming back to their world. They decided to venture out and try to learn more about their sudden appearance. Once they walked into the sunlight, many monsters ravaged the lands and attacked his people. He was forced to hide in the forest. Forced to watch his people die to keep the younger generation alive. Avalon ran away that day, and prayed to the Gods to teach him the ways of the cleric. He wanted to help and heal, instead of watch everyone die. Ever since, he was dedicated to healing groups on their journeys to rid this world of its evils.

Wow love it!!!
  • Welphgryn said:
    Lanova said:

Wow love it!!!
    Aww thanks ^~^
    edited June 2017
    Off the top of my head... An early draft. 

Autumn Willow grew up in the poorest estate of XXX City. She worked in a popular tavern called the Bubbly Baubbleshire as a tavern wrench and generally got by on her charm, wit and light fingers. 

Noticing her nimbleness and her wit, A retired adventurer bard, Kentaro Yujibai took Autumn under his care and taught the magic of music, Autumn blossomed as a minstrel and learnt a great many songs. Song ranging from the bawdiest tavern ditties to the epic ballads of Iolo. The apprentice minstrel traveled to a great many cities, where, amongst many things, she learnt about the kindness of men, and the cruelty of Lords. 

Sadly, it was back in her home town, when her studies came to an abrupt end. Lord Hsien, a minor nobel, falsely accused Kentaro for seducing his wife and brutally beat Kentaro to death.

Autumn found the body of her beloved mentor and learnt of the cruel lord's hand in the death of her beloved mentor. She gathered her friends @Umji the Bouncer and @Cyreph the Shyster to plot her revenge.

They executed an elaborate and terribly exciting heist, involving a great number of overturned fruit carts, rooftop escapes and explosions big enough to rival that the of the famous pyromancer, Lord Michael Bay.  Thay exposed Lord Hsien for his involvement in the murder and relieved him of his riches. 

Legend of the three brave heroes grew and they became known to local folk  as the Bandit Lords of Baubbleshire.

The trio decided to dedicate their lives to free the poor and the oppressed from the tyranny of the nobles. Stealing from the rich and giving to the poor, the bandits always make it a point to leave their infamous seal at the crime scene, letting their furious victims know that they have been victims of the Bandit Lords of Baubbleshire.

edited for a ton of grammatical errors... lol
  • So honestly... I'll be trying to get the name Babe for my Vaelune spell-sword..

As a small babe she was rescued by an older gentleman in his late twenties.. Ever since she was small he would always call her a "wee babe" so babe eventually stuck.. she would announce herself as "babe" to all her friends. 
    Her parents had died trying to protect her from rabid animals in the wilderness.. and one day Gale, her "step father, renamed father", found her in a hole of a tree crying her lungs out.. immediately he took to her and tended her, and wouldn't let any of the nannies take hold of her without his supervision.. he knew it was destiny.. it was a shame for what happened to the parents though...
    At the ripe age of 6 she discovered she had magic.. after unfortunately nearly burning all whole grove down with fire.   
    Soon after.. Gale had a discussion with the members of their town.. that they'd warp her magic for use and at the age of 11 she would start training and using her powers for good. 

I'M TOO LAZY TO WRITE MORE.
    edited June 2017
    Off the top of my head... An early draft. 

They came up with and executed an elaborate and terribly exciting plan (overturned fruit carts! Rooftop escape!) that exposed the Lord for his involvement in the murder and relieve him of his riches.

FRIENDS TAKE RICHES. UMJI ATE LORD.
  • Cyreph Barterson was an up-and-coming merchant. He was known for making quick deals and turning profit fast. Despite his desperate chase for the Coin though, Cyreph never believe in the con. He naively believes that integrity is important and always said that his word was gold. 

One day, a competitor, driven by jealousy, ployed to foil one of his biggest transactions, one that would be hard to replace. This created a problem. Cyreph always promised the delivery of a good on Wednesday, when he would only receive it on Tuesday. His transactions are intricately interwoven, each deal feeding to another. That was how he rose so quickly, and that became his downfall. Young and overly-confident, Cyreph never had a back up plan. His empire crumbled, his word was broken and the gold left soon after. 

A broken man, Cyreph found companionship with an aspiring songstress and her dim-witted bodyguard. Through certain heroics, they became known as the Bandit Lords of Baubbleshire, an unfortunate name, but perhaps fitting, for a fallen merchant. Still, the group is honorable, and follows a certain moral code. Cyreph could not ask for better friends. 

To this day, Cyreph still chases the Coin. He acts as the treasurer of the guild, dealing with all matters of finance. When he is done pouring through the records of the group, he would venture into the world and seek the resources the world have to provide. He even picked up a little knowledge in the Way of the Craft. He knows one day, he would rebuild his merchant empire. But for now, with newfound friends, he is contented to start at the bottom. 
  • Cyreph said:
    Cyreph Barterson was an up-and-coming merchant. He was known for making quick deals and turning profit fast. Despite his desperate chase for the Coin though, Cyreph never believe in the con. He naively believes that integrity is important and always said that his word was gold. 

One day, a competitor, driven by jealousy, ployed to foil one of his biggest transactions, one that would be hard to replace. This created a problem. Cyreph always promised the delivery of a good on Wednesday, when he would only receive it on Tuesday. His transactions are intricately interwoven, each deal feeding to another. That was how he rose so quickly, and that became his downfall. Young and overly-confident, Cyreph never had a back up plan. His empire crumbled, his word was broken and the gold left soon after. 

A broken man, Cyreph found companionship with an aspiring songstress and her dim-witted bodyguard. Through certain heroics, they became known as the Bandit Lords of Baubbleshire, an unfortunate name, but perhaps fitting, for a fallen merchant. Still, the group is honorable, and follows a certain moral code. Cyreph could not ask for better friends. 

To this day, Cyreph still chases the Coin. He acts as the treasurer of the guild, dealing with all matters of finance. When he is done pouring through the records of the group, he would venture into the world and seek the resources the world have to provide. He even picked up a little knowledge in the Way of the Craft. He knows one day, he would rebuild his merchant empire. But for now, with newfound friends, he is contented to start at the bottom. 
    This is a beautiful story, crafted by thought and imagination.. you, my good sir are a genuis. I want to know more about their adventures and how they survive.. 
    And your signature is beautiful as well. 
  • I have never RP'd so if this sounds awful... please excuse it :D

Name: Draedin
    Archetype: Fighter(X)
    Race: Dunir

Orphaned and thrown into a Divine portal, thrust away from my homeland is my story.  Before the world was torn apart, my father, Druin was a general in the Great Gabilgathol Mountain Army of the Dunir who died in the Last Battle alongside our King.

We were the first to be attacked, fighting the forces of the apocalyptic threat that came from the darkest, deepest places of our world.  Our allies, Empyreans, abandon our summons and fled into the wilderness and was never seen again.  Our innocence, forced from the mountains without a leader hid in the western islands until we were saved by the opening of the Devine Portal.

I vow to gain back our homeland with my Dunir brothers and refuse to live a life abandoning my heritage.  The mountains are our home and the mountains are our treasure.
  • Name: Zhambles

Archetype: Rogue | 2nd Archetype: Fighter

As an orphan child, Zhambles spent most of his days playing tricks on the elders in Deep-Cavern Village. He would steal from the local marketplace for food and pickpocket the local miners for trinkets and gems to furnish his secret little hideout, just outside of the village-borders. Altogether Zhambles was a cunning and nimble little troublemaker in his earlier days, but despite his slender dexterous build and his impish and curious nature, he was a kindhearted boy.

Though kind of heart he was, Zhambles didn’t really get along with his fellow Tulnar. It wasn’t like he despised the Tulnarian people or anything, he just didn’t really understand the Tulnar-villagers’ way of life. A way of life that held tradition, honor and loyalty as sacred values. But then again, how could he? And just like he didn’t understand the Tulnarian way, the Tulnar-villagers didn’t understand Zhambles “unorthodox” way of life either. The villagers left aside though, Zhambles did however share a very close bond with just about any Animal and exotic creature alike. If it was just a natural god-gifted talent he had inherited, or the fact that he had to live by the rules of the animal-kingdom – namely trough the survival of the fittest principle – is hard to tell. Nonetheless, little did he know how much his unique talent would come benefit and shape his future… 

It's just a little draft of the backstory I'm currently working on tho ^_^

• Cyreph said:
    Cyreph Barterson was an up-and-coming merchant. He was known for making quick deals and turning profit fast. Despite his desperate chase for the Coin though, Cyreph never believe in the con. He naively believes that integrity is important and always said that his word was gold. 

I see you're still telling people your sob story how you were an "innocent" and "fair" merchant eh?

*Wink wink* *Nudge nudge* 
     o:) 
  • Kratz was the son of an inkeeper and his wife, the youngest of three children. Like his sister, Gwenhwyfar, he attended the Royal College, training to be a bard, while his brother, Taliesin, joined the army. Over the years, his skill improved continually, though it never matched the talents of his eldest sibling, who was something of a celebrity in her own right. However, due in part to his skill, and in part to his sister's reputation, he was granted a chance to play before the royal family.

On the night of the performance, his brother had turned up to surprise them. He begged them to sneak him into the palace, just to see it. Eventually, they relented. However, in the midst of his performance, there came screams from elsewhere within the castle. His brother was discovered within the chambers of the Crown Princess, who had taken ill and retired before the performance.

As their people did not practice execution, both were sentenced to exile. Taliesin who had committed the offence elected to leave immediately, while Kratz took a day to apologize and say goodbye to his family. Just before he departed, though, the princess approached him. She had discovered a powerful spell torn out of her spellbook, and realized that his brother had stolen it. Telling Kratz that she believed him to be largely innocent, she begged him to retrieve the spell and so restore his honour. Thus exiled, he went into the portals, wearing the princess' token, and charged with hunting down a man who had once meant everything to him. 

• Ugggh I desperately want to share mine but it's a guild collaboration atm and won't be shareable until a few details and art are pulled together xD
    However it's absolutely incredible the imagination of our community !  Check out all the story variations from such a small pool of lore ^^ Well done guys and I can't wait to read more :3
  • Haha, We pretty much winged ours, definitely subject to change and improvement in the months to come :)
  • @AutumnWillow By far your guild has the best signatures I've seen yet, that and one other guild. Our guild is going to get there's made but still... bravo!
  • Babe said:
    @AutumnWillow By far your guild has the best signatures I've seen yet, that and one other guild. Our guild is going to get there's made but still... bravo!
    Awww, thanks, I appreciate the compliment  ;)
  • Our guild signature is still being made but by the sounds of its going to so unique and a good laugh xD Also our guild title will be decided on soon xD I can't wait to see guild progression xD
  • Diura said:
    Our guild signature is still being made but by the sounds of its going to so unique and a good laugh xD Also our guild title will be decided on soon xD I can't wait to see guild progression xD
    Haha, I wish we were as organized as you guys. 
  • Awesome thread!  And great stories! This thread makes me drool for some lore/background information of the world to drop.
  • There is so much talented imagination in this community. I'm very proud to be a part of it.
  • Babe said: 

This is a beautiful story, crafted by thought and imagination.. you, my good sir are a genuis. I want to know more about their adventures and how they survive.. 
    And your signature is beautiful as well. 
    Thanks! Credits goes to @AutumnWillow, our guild's resident forum master. 

I like yours as well.

I see you're still telling people your sob story how you were an "innocent" and "fair" merchant eh?

*Wink wink* *Nudge nudge* 
     o:) 
    I'm not a bad guy, just misunderstood, like Yondu. 
  • Stories of the final moments of the exodus have been passed down through generations. It is these same stories that inspire me to take arms and reclaim our lost world. I "Matai" will represent my Nikua ancestors and stand once again on the shores of the old world and show that the ashes of sacrifice made by my people of old will usher a rebirth of our once proud and strong race. "Ua solo le lava-lima"(To be properous)
  • I'm really loving all the stories here and hoping to see more!

Seeing all these makes my hyped up to get in the game. 
  • We have this page already? Well looks like my back story was wasted  :'(
  • nagash said:
    We have this page already? Well looks like my back story was wasted  :'(
    Why wasted? Bring it over here!
  • It about a page long in its self ^^
  • then it will fit easily :) Come, come, I need something to read while I listen to the news ^^.
  • Faint was born and raised by her parents, but accidentally killed them with her fiery magic. Now Faint is on a journey to find the reason why she was gifted with this magical, yet destructive power. And will use it for good, and maybe a little bit bad. (i am horrible at writing)
  • Faint said:
    Faint was born and raised by her parents, but accidentally killed them with her fiery magic. Now Faint is on a journey to find the reason why she was gifted with this magical, yet destructive power. And will use it for good, and maybe a little bit bad. (i am horrible at writing)

As long as you know what your character is and does, it's all good. I like having meaning to a character. Awesome job! 
  • Faint said:
    Faint was born and raised by her parents, but accidentally killed them with her fiery magic. Now Faint is on a journey to find the reason why she was gifted with this magical, yet destructive power. And will use it for good, and maybe a little bit bad. (i am horrible at writing)
    You have an idea about your past. That's a good start, and nice backstory. 

Just work on fleshing out key points of your life:
    1) When did the power of fire first manifested?
    2) On the fateful death of her parents' death, what was she doing before that? 
    3) How did she feel after? 
    4) She wishes to know the origin of her power, but how is she using it now? 
    5) Describe a little bit more about the good and the bad (and maybe the ugly). 

Cheers.  ;)