Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Just testing out how some signatures look with the forum background.

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited June 2017 in Fan Art

Comments

• some nice sigs. I still need to work on mine it seems
  • Yeah, I thought your edges were transparent in the past? Now they're solid black

• Looooookin' gooooooooood!  ;)
  • Look awesome xD I still need a sig too ^^ will get round to it eventually :3
  • Cool sigs :) 
    Nothing beats mine made in Powerpoint though ;p
    (just kidding ofcourse I don't even know how to properly make these...  :'( )
  • Those look pretty cool, added my own as well today :) 

Though I feel like there should be a smaller height restriction on signatures, as I feel like some signatures on these forums are a bit too rediculously big. Although that allows for more creativity I suppose.. the struggle.
  • I need to make one for my guild and I, yet I don't know what editor to use..
  • @Babe I personally use photoshop, but I really should start to learn how to use illustrator.

The new forum background makes me wanna make transparent backgrounds like @ReaperOfCookies's . That's why I did @Umji's sig that way. That reaper is hilariously cute!
  • Nice sigs indeed @AutumnWillow! A true Picasso of the forums I see! I have no clue how to make one but if I did I'd hope it looked as good as yours :)
  • @Babe I personally use photoshop, but I really should start to learn how to use illustrator.

The new forum background makes me wanna make transparent backgrounds like @ReaperOfCookies's . That's why I did @Umji's sig that way. That reaper is hilariously cute!
    I like @ReaperOfCookies sig too, and I actuallly didn't notice it was transparent until you mentioned it.  That feature works great with dark backgrounds, I wonder how it would with light ones? I suppose we don't have to worry about that here though. 
  • @Rumbleforge Wow that's talent! Especially if you made yours... did you do the drawing as well? 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I'm still messing around trying to figure out what I want to do or how even. Graphics has never been my thing.  Not here anyways.  Give me the antique tools like pens and pencils and charcoal.

Maybe by 2020 I might have it. 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    @Babe I personally use photoshop, but I really should start to learn how to use illustrator.

@Babe I personally use photoshop, but I really should start to learn how to use illustrator.

I like @ReaperOfCookies sig too, and I actuallly didn't notice it was transparent until you mentioned it.  That feature works great with dark backgrounds, I wonder how it would with light ones? I suppose we don't have to worry about that here though. 

Thanks guys! Glad you like it, had some fun when I made it myself :)

And I use both Illustrator and Photoshop. The reaper is obviously made in Illustrator, everything else in Photoshop. Tried making the name in illustrator also, but the bevel options work a bit better in photoshop, though I suppose I could hand bevel it in illustrator :p 

Anwho, if you're going to do anything with images you'll obviously want to go for photoshop.
  • @ReaperOfCookies Such talent  :o
  • Babe said:
    @Rumbleforge Wow that's talent! Especially if you made yours... did you do the drawing as well? 

Thanks!  I did make the signature myself in photoshop, but the guild logo was originally created in illustrator by a old friend of mine. She made it based on some ideas I had doodled and sketched out.  That was made with EverQuest in mind so I changed the original "The Scions of Norrath" to "The Scions est. 2005". 

My character drawing was done by notable minecraft artist Sam Cube.  I commissioned him to do it, based on screenshots of my EQ2 character. 

You can see a video of him coloring it here: https://youtu.be/Hk8VymgcL2M

I kinda assembled all this together for the forum, until the day I can use Ashes' character creator to make something even more fitting. :)

• Those look pretty cool, added my own as well today :) 

Though I feel like there should be a smaller height restriction on signatures, as I feel like some signatures on these forums are a bit too rediculously big. Although that allows for more creativity I suppose.. the struggle.
    Yeah you are probably right tho  :#
  • Babe said:
    @ReaperOfCookies Such talent  :o
    Nothing more than a bit of research and program knowledge, I'm severly lacking imagination these days. :(
  • Babe said:
    Nothing more than a bit of research and program knowledge, I'm severly lacking imagination these days. :(
    Do you take commissions? 
  • Babe said:
    Babe said:
    Do you take commissions? 
    Sure ;o Never had a request for it before haha, shoot me a msg with the details and whatnot
  • Though I feel like there should be a smaller height restriction on signatures, as I feel like some signatures on these forums are a bit too rediculously big. Although that allows for more creativity I suppose.. the struggle.
    Haha, I feel that way about height too, but I see everyone is having fun with it so I'm cool with it. 
  • Though I feel like there should be a smaller height restriction on signatures, as I feel like some signatures on these forums are a bit too rediculously big. Although that allows for more creativity I suppose.. the struggle.
    Haha, I feel that way about height too, but I see everyone is having fun with it so I'm cool with it. 

I'm cool with it also, as long people don't start abusing it somehow :p
  • GaFl4Ever said:
    Those look pretty cool, added my own as well today :) 

Yeah you are probably right tho  :#
    Ooh, you've updated your sig. 
  • Does this signature make me look fat?
  • woooooo, the Holy Sandle of Sharif! 
  • @Lexmax Brilliant :)
  • @autumnwillow

AUTUMN TOOK PRETTY PICTURE OF UMJI, NOW UMJI IS FREE!
  • Ah kill it with hellfire!!!!
  • lexmax said:
    Does this signature make me look fat?
     :D epic
  • Nice signatures! I'm getting some good ideas here.