Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

New Forums Are Here! *Updated*

1235»

Comments

• Lilem said:
    It seems that the forum background doesn't hit the bottom of the screen (at least that's how it is for me), but other than that it looks pretty good!

Oops. I think that's been fixed now.
  • There ya go @Lilem. As easy as that ;)
  • Kratz said:
    They've been working at it all night and I believe they'll continue to do so, therefore keep faith and hopefully they'll sort it for you soon. I totally agree though that it definitely looks better. I dare say they'll continue to tweak and improve during the months to come. :)
    Yeah it does look pretty good! I don't know how it looked like before, though, so nothing to compare to :)

Also I wanted to post in the Newly Arrived section, but for some reason I can't pick a category (any category). So I guess I'll leave it at that :|
  • Yaviey said:
    Lilem said:
    It seems that the forum background doesn't hit the bottom of the screen (at least that's how it is for me), but other than that it looks pretty good!

Oops. I think that's been fixed now.
    Wow, you guys sure work fast! Great job :)
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    @Yaviey by the way, I have a question. I wanted to create a post in the Newly Arrived category, but for some reason the forum won't let me pick the appropriate category. Some of them show up and are unclickable, others are just white blank spaces. Screenshot: http://puu.sh/weOW2/620d59fb25.png

What could be causing this issue and how can I fix it? Thanks in advance.
  • The forums are shaping up nicely! I would like to see the background image take up the whole page. Unless, it conflicts with the post text making it harder to read.
  • A few things that still needs to be fixed.

1. I think the majority of us all use flat screens, so can we have the forums widened. Half of my screen is just blank.
    2. I am still getting verification issues each time I log in. This is getting annoying.
    3. In the preference section its only saying I have logged in 4 times only. I have logged in a lot more than that. Its either a toggle in the admin section or the mysql database is not updating.
    4. Yes I agree with the posters that the background needs to be extended towards the bottom more.
    Thanks for your time.
  • A few things that still needs to be fixed.

1. I think the majority of us all use flat screens, so can we have the forums widened. Half of my screen is just blank.
    2. I am still getting verification issues each time I log in. This is getting annoying.
    3. In the preference section its only saying I have logged in 4 times only. I have logged in a lot more than that. Its either a toggle in the admin section or the mysql database is not updating.
    4. Yes I agree with the posters that the background needs to be extended towards the bottom more.
    Thanks for your time.

Personally, I like the "fixed width" side of layout design. 
    There are certainly advantages to "fluid" or dynamic designs as you suggest, but I'm not a fan of them for every situation. 

The main advantage to a fixed width design is that the designers create an experience that they know will be the same for everyone, regardless of device or resolution. 
    This saves a lot of design time, because you don't have to try to create something that is going to look good for all user variations.

With a fluid design, the web designers far less control of the overall aesthetic of the forum.  The background would have to be a seamless pattern in a fluid design, for example.... and some people may not see the whole image while others may see the image repeatedly.... and then in both cases, the background becomes potentially distracting when really, it shouldn't even be that big of a focus - especially if it pulls attention away from the content. 

As for your inaccurate login counts.... are you manually logging out each time at the end of your session?  And are you accessing the forum from multiple devices?  I believe both of these circumstances can affect this.   
  • Looking good. I have not had any problems so far.
  • Lilem said:

Seems to be working for me. Try messing around with your resolution? Also, try CTRL with your plus and minus signs to zoom your browser scale.
    edited June 2017
    Operator error,  please disregard.

Still would like a link at bottom of page to go to top or Topic/Home.
  • The background image is 1920 x 710 pixels and those who run at 1920 x 1080 see the image well away from the bottom.

• Good.
    edited June 2017
    To be fixed:

1. links in images... Don't work

2. Don't read grey text in profile by background, for example Badges...
    http://forums.ashesofcreation.com/profile/

3. Social Connectors. When you try connect do this errors:
    Twitter: 
    {"errors":[{"code":215,"message":"Bad Authentication data."}]}
    Facebook:
    {<br>   "error": {<br>      "message": "Missing client_id parameter.",<br>      "type": "OAuthException",<br>      "code": 101,<br>      "fbtrace_id": "FnVoBBP35RX"<br>   }<br>}
  • They will suffice ????
  • They will suffice ????
    I like your signature.
    (Dwarven thumbs up)
  • Typical dwarf out to hijack a thread. Well now you have to go and redesign yours again.
  • Make something to hide our identity as a corrupter...and make something to reveal the identity of the corrupter. that would a fun gameplay for being a corrupter that can go into town without being harass or murder afterward
  • Hey hey! I'd like to make a suggestion

The Bug of post not appearing, while more rare, still does exist, which is annoying for everyone. 

1. Give the possibility to users to delete their own post as self moderation
    2. Allow few trustworthy active members of the community to serve as forums mods, with the main task of deleting all double/triple/multiple post that are still plaguing the forums.
    edited June 2017
    Nice but please please please replace:
    h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {
        font-family: inherit;
        font-weight: 700;
        color: #222;
    }

For:
    h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {
        color: #FFFFFF;
    }

Or
    h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {
        color: #c10000;
    }

Hey @RexInMonte, check out my style sheet mods:

http://cohortgaming.com/aoc-forums
    edited June 2017

A few things that still needs to be fixed.

Thanks for your time.

I agree with width.  I fixed that with a Google Chrome extension.

@Rumbleforge choice is nice too :) 

check out the extension here:
    http://cohortgaming.com/aoc-forums
  • Big issues in Mobile View, When i edit Posts they are gone, they are alway in Edit mode and can't edit them or save draft, also the View is Buggy, jumps around. Always need to go to a Notebook or PC to check the forums. Using an Iphone 6s, other also have mobile view issues?
  • It use to be when multiple numbers are showing at the bottom of the page, the page you were on would be left out.  Now all page numbers are showing and you cannot tell which page you are on.  Could you please have the number missing or, preferably, a different color to show which page you are on?
This discussion has been closed.