Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Guild Lore?

Hello everyone!

With the world changing with what the players do and how the lore will also change on what players do, does anyone think that guilds can make their own lore that the world may follow? Secret quest lines that may get unlocked with certain things that guilds do that then get ties with that guild?

Comments

• I am hoping this is a mechanic in the game. Guilds can move mountains to an extent and I for one would think that would be awesome. I know it would be a tough thing to implement into the game, but I am hoping the guilds have a say in in it. Plus, the fun involved in trying to achieve it.

Ox
  • will guilds also be in the game? so different nodes can have guilds under them?

• Ergo_za said:
    will guilds also be in the game? so different nodes can have guilds under them?

I'm almost certain that guilds will be in the game, as well as alliances of guilds. The devs spoke of this possibility in a livestream.
  • Given that the official forums here include a section for guild recruitment...  I think the answers an obvious, yes there will be guilds

• I hope quest lines really effect the characters overall moral, so if someone ask me to go hunt some dear so they don't starve, I have the option to help them or not, and I have this "moral meter" that would go up or down, but there will be bonuses for both being moral and immoral.
  • I am looking forward to seeing how influential guilds truly can be in the world. I do think that guilds putting out bounties on people, creatures, monsters, nodes or even other guilds could be a cool way to make a quest system for the game that would have guilds involved.

I also think the more influence and interest that guilds can make an impact on the game the more likely people will join and support different guilds.
  • I suspect alliances will play an even more crucial role than guilds with only 5 metropolises available. Having said that, I hope there's a strong role for guilds with no dilution through joining multiple ones.   
  •  

Kratz said:
    I suspect alliances will play an even more crucial role than guilds with only 5 metropolises available. Having said that, I hope there's a strong role for guilds with no dilution through joining multiple ones.   

That will depend on the guilds themselves and what they agree upon. There should be negotiations between them in order to form. I was involved in in both negotiating and participating.  I was involved in two alliances that went very well.   In games  such as this, to invite and involve the smaller guilds certainly is a plus also.  People tend to display pride and will be more apt to help defend the land or caravans when they themselves are respected and partake in plans and own their own houses
  • I want to the see interplay of alliances, having big and small guilds with different specializations work together to take down rival nodes. 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    *Harrumphs*

Ok, so you totally edited your original post confusing me with why on earth I would answer something totally unrelated, luckily your original post was quoted so at least I'm not having to worried that when I go for the next MRI there'll be a lot more damage. 

Anyway...quoting your new 'first' post here so I don't sound so nutso again...
    ..With the world changing with what the players do and how the lore will also change on what players do, does anyone think that guilds can make their own lore that the world may follow? Secret quest lines that may get unlocked with certain things that guilds do that then get ties with that guild?
    .... Every single guild I've been in has made their own lore.... not so much that the world can follow, I doubt that the guilds are going to have quite so much influence on 'official' lore creation, but I hope too that I could be wrong.

The creation of 'secret quest lines' and 'ties with that guild' is very similar to another thread on this page regarding hopefully being able to add player (and if so then hopefully guild) designed and specific quests!

*Petitions for @Shinjiiro 's idea!*
  • My guild already has lore even with the limited information we know about the game. Won't be sharing it yet though and we are still working out a few surprises that we may or may not share soon :open_mouth:
    It is possible with the information we got - you just need to use your imagination :dizzy:
    Either that or be patient and wait for more lore to be revealed and spend the time getting to know your guild for who they are <3
    I'm having a blast with my guild so far - even though we have yet to pick a title! :D
  • As a guild, it's up to you and your players to make your own lore. The base game lore just helps you make it fit in better.
  • I always have a backstory for any guilds that I run and I tie it into the lore of the game.

As we progress, do dungeons, hold PvP events etc. we can add to our story and have something to look back on years down the line.
  • Not doubt the lore will become fathomable and progressive once we learn more from Intrepid over the next few weeks/months. The lore is a massive reason why I get involved in a persistent universe, like LOTRO for example, but like @Nagash says, this will be rather unique from my perspective in that it's almost up to me and my fellow server folk to create the lore.
  • If or until a major antagonist reveals themselves in the storyline, my hunch is that each server will have a catered storyline dependent upon the player's actions.

The order of significance to a server's lore will likely be something to the effect of:

1. Metropolis/City (complete with the heroes that helped make it the center it has become).
    2.  Alliances
    3.  Guilds
    4.  Players

Something like this would seem to be the structure of lore significance.

• Shinjiiro said:
    Hello everyone!

With the world changing with what the players do and how the lore will also change on what players do, does anyone think that guilds can make their own lore that the world may follow? Secret quest lines that may get unlocked with certain things that guilds do that then get ties with that guild?
     Not sure if there will be guild lore quests, but I know that I will be recording the histories of my guild and Node, as well as continuing to update journal entries for my characters. I'm sure that there will be other players who will take up the mantle of Loremaster.
  • Rosco said:
    I always have a backstory for any guilds that I run and I tie it into the lore of the game.

As we progress, do dungeons, hold PvP events etc. we can add to our story and have something to look back on years down the line.

This. 

@umji, our resident wordsmith, will probably help in coming up with the guild back ground. 
  • Ergo_za said:
    will guilds also be in the game? so different nodes can have guilds under them?

Extensively. They won't be tied to nodes (except in limited capacity through governance), but will be able to take one of the 5 castles in the world, build guild halls, and more.