Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Combat System

2»

Comments

• Options
    I hate to tell you but I was on the forums in the early stages of Terra and Neverwinter. There was a large segment that wanted action combat and others that wanted tab target. Guess what the developers made a choice. I support their choice and my friends and I just dont play these games.

I am sorry but the vocal minority on the forums thinks too highly of themselves. You know why? You think because they vote with their wallets they dont have an opinion to share. Nope its they dont care to get into a bitch fest on any forum. They would rather Pay for the Game or Walk away. So saying O there is a Majority here who wants Action Combat. Well guess what you are the vocal minority, that has been an establish thing for 10+ years now that MMORPG Forums. I will give you a great example, in UO with Pub-16 Resist got killed and it pissed several friends of mine and myself off. Most of the people on for forum out side one of my friends and myself loved it. Guess what happened. In 1 year they lost over 60% of their subs. So while you THINK you know what is good for these games and because you are a forum member. You dont know what is good. You just have a valid Opinion, BUT it does not out weight what happens outside the forum.

Again I talk all the time to a lot of my friends. I can tell you for certain just because they dont care to post here does not mean they dont have a valid opinion. It's just they care to see what the game is and have the developers develop a game and pay for it if they like it, if they dont they just will not spend money.

O and BTW I am in a large multi game guild. Our guilds in Action combat games are very small vs Tab Target, our Action Combat group is very vocal and like you will post on the forums of any game. The Tab Target group just votes with their wallet. I am not saying that your opinion is invalid I am saying there are more people who want Tab Targeting. What might be a good idea is do what Riders of Icarus did is have both action combat and Tab Targeting. That was a great setup, the problem is i think the amount of development time that went into that slowed down other content.
  • Options
    I was trying to ignore you sir cause I was hoping to avoid flaming so early on such a pristine forum but after this:

[quote quote=4108]I am sorry but the vocal minority on the forums thinks too highly of themselves. [/quote]

What about you? Classical example of a guy who can see the mote in your brother's eye but not the beam in your own? You are the one who thinks too highly of himself and also too low about others' opinions.

[quote quote=4071] I played just about every MMO Out there and I can tell you the majority of people will only play tab targeting games. Why do you think the 2 most populated MMORPGs are still WOW and FFXIV and SWTOR is also still popular. ESO and Tera are popular but they are not as populated as some like to believe. Add that to the lack of Depth these games give you. you got what 10 buttons to use. Yea not really good combat because you can mash buttons and aim. Hell its just as bad as today’s tab targeting which you stand in 1 spot and do rotation after rotation.[/quote]

Do you even care reading other people's posts? Or your majesty is too high above the filth to care about peasants' opinions?

WoW, FFXIV, ESO, SWTOR are, statistically speaking, outliers. They are backed up by companies that were already huge and with popular franchises backing up the mmos so you shouldn’t really consider them when comparing to a company and a game like AoC.
    They are in a league of their own.

Everything else you wrote is basically a huge manifesto of your functional illiteracy and I won't even care commenting. I work with statistics and numbers and either your "group of friends" is over the ten thousands units or you are just another drop in the ocean like this "vocal minority".

So dear snowflake let us discuss in a civil manner our preferences and let the devs do their job, either express your opinions with arguments or get out... Forums are here to discuss, the game is in a very early stage...

You were right only about one thing imo, we wait, we see and we decide if either playing or not but don't come here with such a rude behavior deluding yourself.

We will keep discussing...

...and on this note, we already stated that combat is not just tab targeting vs action combat, it has many facets and we were trying to compare those many facets: tab targetting vs free aming; passive bonuses vs active evades, blocks, etc...; lock on auto-attaks (à la FFXIV) vs telegraphs; RMB hold camera vs FPS camera; etc...

We all know that the devs already stated that they are more prone to follow the tab targetting route but that doesn't mean we can not have active blocks and evades or telegraphs or camera movements without the necessity to keep holding the right mouse button (even thou I can cope with other systems I don't like as for me this will be the only thing that will make me steer clear from the game for sure cause I'd like to avoid carpal tunnel syndrome).
  • Options
    I was trying to ignore you sir cause I was hoping to avoid flaming so early on such a pristine forum but after this:

[quote quote=4108]I am sorry but the vocal minority on the forums thinks too highly of themselves. [/quote]

What about you? Classical example of a guy who can see the mote in your brother's eye but not the beam in your own? You are the one who thinks too highly of himself and also too low about others' opinions.

[quote quote=4071] I played just about every MMO Out there and I can tell you the majority of people will only play tab targeting games. Why do you think the 2 most populated MMORPGs are still WOW and FFXIV and SWTOR is also still popular. ESO and Tera are popular but they are not as populated as some like to believe. Add that to the lack of Depth these games give you. you got what 10 buttons to use. Yea not really good combat because you can mash buttons and aim. Hell its just as bad as today’s tab targeting which you stand in 1 spot and do rotation after rotation.[/quote]

Do you even care reading other people's posts? Or your majesty is too high above the filth to care about peasants' opinions?

WoW, FFXIV, ESO, SWTOR are, statistically speaking, outliers. They were made and are updated by companies that were already huge and with popular franchises backing up the mmos so you shouldn’t really consider them when comparing to a company and a game like AoC.

Everything else you wrote is basically a huge manifesto of your functional illiteracy and I won't even care commenting. I work with statistics and numbers and either your "group of friends" is over the ten thousands units or you are just another drop in the ocean like this "vocal minority".

So dear snowflake let us discuss in a civil manner our preferences and let the devs do their job, either express your opinions with arguments or get out... Forums are here to discuss, the game is in a very early stage...

You were right only about one thing imo, we wait, we see and we decide if either playing or not but don't come here with such a rude behavior deluding yourself.

...and on this note, we already stated that combat is not just tab targeting vs action combat, it has many facets and we were trying to compare those many facets: tab targetting vs free aming; passive bonuses vs active evades, blocks, etc...; lock on auto-attaks (à la FFXIV) vs telegraphs; RMB hold camera vs FPS camera; etc...

We all know that the devs already stated that they are more prone to follow the tab targetting route but that doesn't mean we can not have active blocks and evades or telegraphs or camera movements without the necessity to keep holding the right mouse button (even thou I can cope with other systems I don't like as for me this will be the only thing that will make me steer clear from the game for sure cause I'd like to avoid carpal tunnel syndrome).
  • Options

WoW, FFXIV, ESO, SWTOR are, statistically speaking, outliers. They were made and are updated by companies that were already huge and with popular franchises backing up the mmos so you shouldn’t really consider them when comparing to a company and a game like AoC.