Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Lore Wiki

I'm usually not so active in any community. Just curious, who usually do up a wiki for a game? Is it the fan? Or the company itself? 

Will be nice to have somewhere fixed where lore will gradually be released, so that I could bookmark and spam refresh at. 

Comments

• Second this.

Let me know if you need some help.
  • There are wikis available and someone made a nice thread in the Lore sub forum but I can't find it atm I'm sure it was @Maddstone that wrote something up?
    I shall try find for you because it was really well done imo
  • Here is a wiki for ashes not sure if the lore has been added yet but this the closest we have so far

http://www.aocwiki.net/Main_Page
  • lexmax said:
    nagash said:
    Here is a wiki for ashes not sure if the lore has been added yet but this the closest we have so far

http://www.aocwiki.net/Main_Page

Thanks a lot guys. This has been most helpful. 
  • Well what I posted was from an interview Steven did awhile back.. I will copy below in case it helps

I posted this in a similar type post... more about the world we are leaving behind may be needed for some, but for others this may be enough to start a back story. This was in the Unreal article released recently.. maybe a little more info than we had before..

Q: What can you tell us about the game’s story? Is there a central antagonist that all players will ultimately be attempting to tackle?

A: Long ago, the world of Ashes was besieged by a great calamity. Your ancestors were forced to flee their world through these great divine gateways, seeking refuge in a place void of magic. The gateways dimmed shortly after this exodus, and were buried under the rubble of countless conflicts over vast periods of time. Centuries turned to millennia, history into legend. After all this time, the people have forgotten the stories of their past. Until now. The gateways have once again begun to move, what was buried and forgotten, has now risen to the surface. The nations of the world have begun to send expeditions through these portals, to re-discover their past and explore this great new world. In Ashes of Creation, you start out in the world having come back through the Great Divine Gateways. You come from a non-magical world, where many nations and races exist. These pioneers have different goals and objectives. You have arrived to rediscover, rebuild and repopulate this world of your origin. Ancient treasures await those who dare to disturb the darkness, remnants of the evil that decimated your ancestors. In Ashes, we have an overarching story that players participate in as both an individual and a member of your server’s community. Your choices influence that narrative. This narrative includes a group of central antagonists that drive the action, but you’ll have to play the game to find out more about them! 

Maddstone
  • Maddstone said:
    Well what I posted was from an interview Steven did awhile back.. I will copy below in case it helps

I posted this in a similar type post... more about the world we are leaving behind may be needed for some, but for others this may be enough to start a back story. This was in the Unreal article released recently.. maybe a little more info than we had before..

Q: What can you tell us about the game’s story? Is there a central antagonist that all players will ultimately be attempting to tackle?

A: Long ago, the world of Ashes was besieged by a great calamity. Your ancestors were forced to flee their world through these great divine gateways, seeking refuge in a place void of magic. The gateways dimmed shortly after this exodus, and were buried under the rubble of countless conflicts over vast periods of time. Centuries turned to millennia, history into legend. After all this time, the people have forgotten the stories of their past. Until now. The gateways have once again begun to move, what was buried and forgotten, has now risen to the surface. The nations of the world have begun to send expeditions through these portals, to re-discover their past and explore this great new world. In Ashes of Creation, you start out in the world having come back through the Great Divine Gateways. You come from a non-magical world, where many nations and races exist. These pioneers have different goals and objectives. You have arrived to rediscover, rebuild and repopulate this world of your origin. Ancient treasures await those who dare to disturb the darkness, remnants of the evil that decimated your ancestors. In Ashes, we have an overarching story that players participate in as both an individual and a member of your server’s community. Your choices influence that narrative. This narrative includes a group of central antagonists that drive the action, but you’ll have to play the game to find out more about them! 

Maddstone
    Thanks for that @Maddstone. I've been compiling some info on the lore myself. That helped alot.