Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[Information] Gear and Leveling

Everything in this thread is subject to change as and when new information is released during the upcoming months. I’m a single dwarf and gathering this information and pulling together takes time so *gives a jug of ale* be patient!

This is not a discussion thread! This is information that I’ve collected from Streams (still to catch up with more). Discord answers still need to be added and more threads on various topics to come (like Trade/Leveling/Gear etc)! I'm working hard! I'm aware documents exist already but wanted something for the forums!

The team are focusing on the relationship between mob scaling and players and ensuring the balance is right to avoid multiple gear sets.

The team would like your gear to define your role and play style e.g “a dodgy ninja character” rather than “ah I need this set for this boss”.

Intrepid team want to intermix pve/pvp working together indirectly especially when it comes to crafting gear because they feel that if players want to craft, the game should allow them to focus on it.

Gear will be crafting based and there will be no RNG when it comes to crafting it up - it will involve getting out in the world and getting rare items, killing rare monsters and epic bosses and even deconstructing epic gear drops from epic bosses to see how it works so you can produce it in the future! It will involve working with different artisan classes.

There may be some form of rng when it comes to over enchanting beyond what an item is.

Gear will not be class locked.

Gear is not soul bond and can be traded.

Intrepid will be staying away from bind on equip items because it does not facilitate the aims of the game. Items you equip can then be sold later.

There is no definitive answer at the moment for a level cap and how long it will take you to get there.

No grinds in Ashes of creation - a lot of different systems in ashes of creation such as religion, crafting, questing all help progress your character.

Each region has diverse difficulties with events and monster drop tables are tied to the progression of the node. As a node advances in stages the monster will too.

Death Penalties : Will not differ between PvE and PvP you’ll gain negative experience (not lose experience) that may have an impact on your performance.

Comments

• Options
    Hey, if you get the chance to ask or come across this in your research Diura, could you please find out if they are planning to have bound gear, which is one of the features that Pay to Win games use to exploit gamer wallets.It was designed to protect players from exploits and hackers robbing your account, but man, it would be nice to be able to do what i want with gear that i both made or went out and worked for. Thanks Diura, loving the info reveals.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Hey, if you get the chance to ask or come across this in your research Diura, could you please find out if they are planning to have bound gear, which is one of the features that Pay to Win games use to exploit gamer wallets.It was designed to protect players from exploits and hackers robbing your account, but man, it would be nice to be able to do what i want with gear that i both made or went out and worked for. Thanks Diura, loving the info reveals.
    Gear will not be bound - you can also trade them between alts but how hasn't been decided yet  :) I have posted this in one of my threads but I'm losing track cos I'm powering them out atm xD
    Added it in here too :)