Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

A World by any other name would sound as sweet? What will the Ashes of Creation world be called?

Comments

• Nagashizzar long may it prosper
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    My vote - Adytum or Halcyon
  • Cyreph said:
    santrasa said:
    Possum said:
    There seems to be a trend with games giving their worlds "T" names.  Telara, Tyria, Tamriel, etc.  I'm betting since Intrepid is trying to be different they won't give it a "T" name.  Beyond that, I have NO idea.  :smiley:
    Oh my god... I never realized this. And worse yet, I've named my D&D world Tanáh.... lol

I tried crafting a world once. Called it Thera, an anagram of Earth.  :D
    T......  You just can't escape this.. =)
  • Noitaerc of Sehsa

• Cyreph said:
    santrasa said:
    Possum said:
    There seems to be a trend with games giving their worlds "T" names.  Telara, Tyria, Tamriel, etc.  I'm betting since Intrepid is trying to be different they won't give it a "T" name.  Beyond that, I have NO idea.  :smiley:
    Oh my god... I never realized this. And worse yet, I've named my D&D world Tanáh.... lol

I tried crafting a world once. Called it Thera, an anagram of Earth.  :D
    T......  You just can't escape this.. =)
  • Noitaerc of Sehsa

• Adytum sounds good to me
  • Baconia - Would be hilarious, but couldn't take the game serious if it was called that  :D

edited June 2017
    siljon said:
    Baconia - Would be hilarious, but couldn't take the game serious if it was called that  :D

We don't joke about bacon.  :| Called it Baconia and I will respect the hell out of the world.
  • Zekima said:

Noitaerc of Sehsa

I see what you did there.  :)
  • It's Tul, of course. The Tulnar are the forgotten ones that remained on Tul when our ancestors left. We would call them the Tulnar since we weren't from there anymore. Just a thought. <3
  • mortuus est Terra
  • Soreal said:
    It's Tul, of course. The Tulnar are the forgotten ones that remained on Tul when our ancestors left. We would call them the Tulnar since we weren't from there anymore. Just a thought. <3
    Actually a very logical surmise.  And there's another "T" named fantasy world.  It's true, you can't escape the T.
    edited June 2017
    Since Steven wanted us to be called Embers ,  Imma go with Embaria  :D
  • Maybe the name of the world has been forgotten and we have to discover it. 
  • ^^ One does not simply forget the name of Sandalria! :grimace:
  • But I thought Bennu worked so good in relation to the name :disappointed:
  • Phoenixia surrounded by the burning sea...
  • Phoenixia surrounded by the burning sea...
    I like the name Phonexia very much <3
  • I think it would be cool to name it after the first big city to be established on each server
  • Well, I just found a BIG list, if you want to know what is already taken....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fantasy_worlds

• Well, I just found a BIG list, if you want to know what is already taken....

Incomplete.  It doesn't have Tamriel (Elder Scrolls) or Telara (Rift).
  • Possum said:
    Well, I just found a BIG list, if you want to know what is already taken....

It's Wikipedia..... help complete it or live with it!  
    ;)

But that being said, I think it would be impossible to keep a complete list. New fantasy worlds are made every day. 
  • Possum said:

;)

But that being said, I think it would be impossible to keep a complete list. New fantasy worlds are made every day. 
    True.  Sorry if my response seemed abrupt.  I'm at work and the phone started ringing, so I clicked to post and then grabbed the phone.

I looked closer at the list and I found what they did for Elder Scrolls.  They listed Nirn, but not Tamriel.
  • Possum said:
    Possum said:

;)

True.  Sorry if my response seemed abrupt.  I'm at work and the phone started ringing, so I clicked to post and then grabbed the phone.

I looked closer at the list and I found what they did for Elder Scrolls.  They listed Nirn, but not Tamriel.
    Tamriel is the continent nirn is the world/plain
  • What do we know about it.
    We come from an ordinary worlds
    The new world has magic...
    It has angels and devils and an underworld.
    Visible gods
    And something was Created here..

I've got to give my vote to either
    Heaven or Valhalla...
  • Obviously: Sandelonia.
  • "Endless land"
    Because the hope is endless
    Because the different fates are endless
    Because your options are endless, also the hazards ....
  • Moloko73 said:
    "Endless land"
    Because the hope is endless
    Because the different fates are endless
    Because your options are endless, also the hazards ....
    Your name and post remind me of a lad named Makoto visiting another fantasy world called El-Hazard....