Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Comic, manga or novels

I love reading many of the lore novels from games such as Warcraft, EverQuest Next(before the game was cancelled) and many other games. I am curious to see if Ashes of Creation would consider making a comics, manga or novels based on the worlds lore. If done right, it would make for a great avenue to reach the masses. Don't underestimate the power of reading!

Comments

• Well we know they want to franchise - and well I reckon this avenue would be a ridiculously good way to bring in some cash If Intrepid want to do something different xD If someone wrote a manga/comic based on my server with the possibility of me/my guild and friends showing up in it *_* *throws cash at screen* Such a nice way to document the server histories too ^^ it would be hard work but profitable IMO ^^ 
  • If you want to see how lore should be done in books Manga and Graphic novels, I will look at the black library. They are the top publishers for Warhammer books with some even reaching the top 10 on the new york times reader list. With over 200 books published and audio dramas, I would say there is most definitely room for ashes o take advantage of the growing fantasy market.
  • Indeed a brilliant idea.  Just in this community along there is great evidence of people who have not lost the art of reading.  Especially reading from the fantasy genre. 
  • Well, thats the one thing I always make time for. Reading is my greatest pleaser in life and without my books I would feel lost ^^
  • I love reading many of the lore novels from games such as Warcraft, EverQuest Next(before the game was cancelled) and many other games. I am curious to see if Ashes of Creation would consider making a comics, manga or novels based on the worlds lore. If done right, it would make for a great avenue to reach the masses. Don't underestimate the power of reading!
    As a writer I am biased to novels.They give the most detail and inspire the imagination more, in my opinion at least.
  • i love all sorts of reading mediums. Comics and Manga mainly because i can share it with my young boys who love the illustrations of some of the stuff i showed them(one punch man lol), but i also prefer novels. Being stuck in your own imagination transports you anywhere 
  • How about all! Reading is the best thing ever. I'll take any of them.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    nagash said:
    If you want to see how lore should be done in books Manga and Graphic novels, I will look at the black library. They are the top publishers for Warhammer books with some even reaching the top 10 on the new york times reader list. With over 200 books published and audio dramas, I would say there is most definitely room for ashes o take advantage of the growing fantasy market.

In this house there's been a bit of love lost with the black library, recently they seem to be heavily about rebinding or resizing their existing novels in an attempt to get fans to be persuaded of an non existing need to re purchase all of their catalogue.

They've done this twice to my Viking now, and it's fairly obviously a cash grab attempt, he got peeved when replacing a book that was chewed by our newest pack member only to find out it's now looks completely different on the bookshelves compared to the others.

But they do have some fantastic authors....
    Yeah I asked him who Nagash was and got a bit of a lecture and was presented with three books to read.

I'd say thanks for that, but I'd be lying if I said I was upset.

• wish i was reading a manga now of ashes. :(
  • @Skriptchaz You make up the words, I'll (find someone else to) draw the pictures! :)
  • Megs, id rather read your stuff :p
  • Novels are oxygen, manga is food & water, comics are comedy
  • Megs said:
    nagash said:
    If you want to see how lore should be done in books Manga and Graphic novels, I will look at the black library. They are the top publishers for Warhammer books with some even reaching the top 10 on the new york times reader list. With over 200 books published and audio dramas, I would say there is most definitely room for ashes o take advantage of the growing fantasy market.

In this house there's been a bit of love lost with the black library, recently they seem to be heavily about rebinding or resizing their existing novels in an attempt to get fans to be persuaded of an non existing need to re purchase all of their catalogue.

They've done this twice to my Viking now, and it's fairly obviously a cash grab attempt, he got peeved when replacing a book that was chewed by our newest pack member only to find out it's now looks completely different on the bookshelves compared to the others.

But they do have some fantastic authors....
    Yeah I asked him who Nagash was and got a bit of a lecture and was presented with three books to read.

I'd say thanks for that, but I'd be lying if I said I was upset.

I agree with that, There Horus Heresy books a amazing its like a space opera that would blow GoT out of the water  if it was ever made 
  • im running out of good manga to read... Come on steve, get some to make a manga now please