Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Official Livestream Q&A Question Thread – June 16, 2017

1234568»

Comments

• Will there be Necromancy class?
  •  Is there the possibility of a single group/guild capitalizing on all the resources in an area, keeping other players from leveling/playing in that area?

Asking this because from what I can guess, a guild can become large enough to have complete influence over a node meaning that anyone under that node is influenced by said guild. Could it be a possible problem?
  • @Yaviey @GMSteven -  Will there be an extra key giveaway in the forums this week since there wasn't a raffle held during the 6/16 live stream?
  • They really didn't answer many questions... Was it just me? Maybe i'm just sour because my question was upvoted 6 times and never asked 
  • What did you ask @WinterAssassin?
  • They really didn't answer many questions... Was it just me? Maybe i'm just sour because my question was upvoted 6 times and never asked 
    It's okay. It gives them more time to work and focus on game development. 
  • @lexmax
    Can there be environmental hazards/advantages? such as a mage melting a frozen lake as an enemy crosses?
    I'm hoping this happens
  • @lexmax
    Can there be environmental hazards/advantages? such as a mage melting a frozen lake as an enemy crosses?
    I'm hoping this happens
    I hope so too. The less static the environments are the better. 

The PhysX engine is highly configurable. I hope they go for a baseline amount of physics across the whole environment, rather than mostly being static backdrops like in other games.
  • @lexmax
    I'm hoping this happens
    I'd say it's a possibility.  They did say that the seasons would have an impact on our gameplay.  For example, in the Winter, a pass we'd frequently use in better weather might be blocked by a large amount of snow.  That sort of thing.

• Possum said:
    @lexmax
    I'm hoping this happens
    I'd say it's a possibility.  They did say that the seasons would have an impact on our gameplay.  For example, in the Winter, a pass we'd frequently use in better weather might be blocked by a large amount of snow.  That sort of thing.

I keep imagining the scene from King Arthur where they break the ice. This would be epic if done during a large scale PvP fight.

• was the live stream recorded yesterday? If so where can I see it?
  • Leipuri said:
    was the live stream recorded yesterday? If so where can I see it?
    It was live streamed on twitch and I don't think they have put it on their YouTube page yet
  • Leipuri said:
    was the live stream recorded yesterday? If so where can I see it?
    Here ya go: 
  • A bit late, but I really enjoyed this livestream. Though I was wondering if they're working on finishing the 'overworld' to begin working/showing the underworld. Does anyone know when we'll start seeing some screenshots/game play of the underworld?
  • effiedies said:
    A bit late, but I really enjoyed this livestream. Though I was wondering if they're working on finishing the 'overworld' to begin working/showing the underworld. Does anyone know when we'll start seeing some screenshots/game play of the underworld?
    We really don't know.  Only Intrepid can answer that.  I would guess they will be developing both in tandem, rather than finish one then work on the other.
  • How will caravans work? I understand the idea. Point A to point B and either you make it to B or get killed/robbed. But my question is more like how many caravans can be going from point A to B at the same time? Are we forging our own roads? Can caravans only travel by road? Or can I say $&@! It we are cutting through the forest and around this mountain to avoid a possible ambush? Is there a limit to use of a caravan? For instance can I use a caravan as bait? Not really transporting valuables but just pretending to to flush out the bandits without risk, or will there be restrictions?

Jaofire sends his regards. Stay classy San Diego.
  • Jaofire said:
    How will caravans work? I understand the idea. Point A to point B and either you make it to B or get killed/robbed. But my question is more like how many caravans can be going from point A to B at the same time? Are we forging our own roads? Can caravans only travel by road? Or can I say $&@! It we are cutting through the forest and around this mountain to avoid a possible ambush? Is there a limit to use of a caravan? For instance can I use a caravan as bait? Not really transporting valuables but just pretending to to flush out the bandits without risk, or will there be restrictions?

Jaofire sends his regards. Stay classy San Diego.
    @Jaofire there is some good info here: http://aocwiki.net/Economy#Caravans
  • What are your measures going to be against Real World Trading (items, accounts, player names), Botting, spammers, and just the base line scummy part of the MMO community?