Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

At what extent will the world be truly alive?

Will the world evolve on itself, so a hostile NPC village will be able to evolve if left undisturbed by players (just like a friendly Node can), and so that village will become bigger problem over time?
Will trees, animals have same loot regardless of their "uptime", or an older wolf will yield more meat, bigger pelt; an older (and wider) tree results more timber, maybe even bigger chance for exotic reagents?
Will the boss fights be one-time encounters as a boss spawns according to a situation in the game, or the same bosses will respawn again-and-again to be killed?

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    The world is responsive to players so unless a zone is void of all players each node will progress at various speeds. The more activity in an area the faster it grows and depending on the population ratio of races etc different node architectures will form.  There are lots of different options :) If there is no activity nothing will happen.
    As for forests and age of animals I don't think they increase in  resources if untouched but they are depleted over time so a forest once harvest will reappear elsewhere in the world at a random time. As for animals some mobs are seasonal and only appear in response to player activity so once farmed they too might disappear for a while. 
    Same for boss spawns it will depend on player action. 
    Each server in ashes of creation will be different because of this mechanic ^^ because of the randomness it puts emphasise on the importance of caravan trades  and resource exchanges between nodes :) everything in the ashes world is valuable :) 
  • Options
    I remember seeing a guy carrying a tradepack on his donkey underwater while i stand on the enemy's castle walls and make a plan for the siege next day. Thats what i called a game/world being "alive". Right now my guild owns almost all the castles and nobody in the server even exists to siege us. 

So its not only about the evolution of the game world imo, players will keep the game alive as long as it's worth playing. 
  • Options
    AeonAuron said:
    I remember seeing a guy carrying a tradepack on his donkey underwater while i stand on the enemy's castle walls and make a plan for the siege next day. Thats what i called a game/world being "alive". Right now my guild owns almost all the castles and nobody in the server even exists to siege us. 

So its not only about the evolution of the game world imo, players will keep the game alive as long as it's worth playing. 
    Sounds like that world is dead and done.
  • Options