Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

AoC Comic: Antics of Creation #001

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited October 2018 in Fan Art
Hey all, here's issue No.1 of my new webcomic, "Antics of Creation".  It will be a good-natured parody of Ashes of Creation, with releases a few weeks apart.  Hope you enjoy, and feedback always welcomed.

I'll be hosting/updating on Tapas for the time being.  If this gets popular enough, might make a site for it.

Next strip (002)

Comments

• I like it.  I really like your artwork.  Very nice.  :)
  • Many thanks!
  • Awesome stuff.
  • Awesome work Vox! (๑╹◡╹๑) 

• Love it! lol

• The art is amazing. This is amazing, awesome awesome awesome!!!!!!
  • @Dolphin many thanks for the high-octane support!

And thanks to everyone for your kind words, will do all possible to get you more soon~
  • Looking forward to it :smile:
  • love it can't wait for more!
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    You are very talented @VoxoV. I hope you keep posting your awesome artwork <3
  • @VoxoV you got a real talent, great work!
  • @GOAT

steps out of the shadows

Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material... But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme. And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at 9Gag. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost. It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some asshole 
    at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a million different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.
  • VoxoV said:
    Hey all, here's issue No.1 of my new webcomic, "Antics of Creation".  It will be a good-natured parody of Ashes of Creation, with releases a few weeks apart.  Hope you enjoy, and feedback always welcomed.

I'll be hosting/updating on Tapas for the time being.  If this gets popular enough, might make a site for it.

Steven is so cute xD I love it! Well done idd! Can't wait for more xD
  • It's very cool :)
  • If you add people from the forums into this it would turn a epic comic into something beyond godlike 
  • Thats pretty cool and the art is beautiful  ;)
    edited June 2017
    @nagash Thank you for your kind words. I'm not sure what you mean about adding people from the forums?  I did post an open call for writers for scripts in the forum writing section, and the text in this comic was written by a community member (Paul Pennington, credited on image).

I'm not planning on having other artists contribute (too many hands stirring the same pot leads to problems and lack of consistency, even if they are all talented). However, I think it would be fantastic if other people interested in drawing made their own comics/illustrations, and we could promote and support one another.

• Awesome artwork, would love to see more :smiley:
    edited June 2017
    VoxoV said:
    @nagash Thank you for your kind words. I'm not sure what you mean about adding people from the forums?  I did post an open call for writers for scripts in the forum writing section, and the text in this comic was written by a community member (Paul Pennington, credited on image).

I'm not planning on having other artists contribute (too many hands stirring the same pot leads to problems and lack of consistency, even if they are all talented). However, I think it would be fantastic if other people interested in drawing made their own comics/illustrations, and we could promote and support one another.

I think @nagash means people here in the forum making appearances as characters in your story. 
    Between you and me, I think he just really wants to see how you would illustrate his unholy appearance!  ;)
    Of course, should you require a dwarven character, I could always model for you.... *strikes a pose*.  

*Ahem*

At any rate, looking forward to the next installment!  :D 
  • This is amazing! :) Great job! I cant wait to see how this develops!
  • @Rumbleforge @nagash

Ohhhhhhh using community personalities as actual regular characters or cameos? I have no problem with that. I like the idea of some 4th wall breaking too. To be done right, it would need to be a script from someone who really knows the community well.  If someone wants to submit a script like that, I'm happy to consider it. 

If this catches on and is still popular/relevant by the time the game releases, I'm sure we'll do stuff like that to parody known guilds and famous/infamous players as well.  The trick to using people from the forums is to make sure a broader audience can still laugh at the joke.

• @VoxoV
    Psst where is number 2? i need more! :smile:

• @GOAT

steps out of the shadows

Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material... But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme. And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at 9Gag. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost. It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some asshole 
    at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a million different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.
  • @GOAT

steps out of the shadows

• @Shunex

Sorry to keep y'all waiting.  I'm pretty new to comics/storyboarding, so for the 2nd strip, I just tossed together something I thought was pretty visually appealing. Unfortunately, it also ended up being about 9x the amount of work as the first strip.  So, I'm pushing through, but I don't think the amount of time&labor on this one will be a worthwhile trade-off. 

Lesson learned for future strips!  In general, I'm aiming for an every-other-week release, but #2 is likely going to take at least another week.  I'm busting my chops on it though, and we have plenty of what I feel are some really entertaining strips in the pipeline as well!
  • You're very skilled! Can't wait to see your next work. :) 
  • I love it!
  • VoxoV said:
    @Shunex

Sorry to keep y'all waiting.  I'm pretty new to comics/storyboarding, so for the 2nd strip, I just tossed together something I thought was pretty visually appealing. Unfortunately, it also ended up being about 9x the amount of work as the first strip.  So, I'm pushing through, but I don't think the amount of time&labor on this one will be a worthwhile trade-off. 

Lesson learned for future strips!  In general, I'm aiming for an every-other-week release, but #2 is likely going to take at least another week.  I'm busting my chops on it though, and we have plenty of what I feel are some really entertaining strips in the pipeline as well!
    we have 2 years for the game to come out so everything you do to help relieve the pain is great 
  • all good things are worth waiting for your comic is no exception :smile:

• Amazing!