Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Character Creation/Customization?

What sort of options will we be given? Will we be able to customize faces/hair/tattoos/etc.?

Comments

• As far as I know Intrepid is aiming to give us character customization similar to the one in BDO. It doesn't mean it will be exactly the same but it'll give us a lot of freedom while creating our characters.
  • [quote quote=5383]As far as I know Intrepid is aiming to give us character customization similar to the one in BDO. It doesn’t mean it will be exactly the same but it’ll give us a lot of freedom while creating our characters.[/quote]
    Mwahaha, awesome! (I'm actually actively playing BDO.)

Think we'll be able to edit things like bodies/height? I guess it's pretty early on to know, I just like making my characters look unique and not easily mistakable for others' characters. Even if we can just choose from a couple bodytypes + height slider, I could dig that.

Do you have any particular hopes for it? One thing I've seen that's sorely lacking in most games are afro-textured hairstyles that aren't just big afros. (I'd love to get hairstyles <a href="http://imgur.com/a/jHKwW">like these</a>!)

Scars/tattoos would also be pretty cool!
  • [quote quote=5388]<blockquote>
    <div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/character-creationcustomization/#post-5383" rel="nofollow">Syadnom wrote:</a></div>
    As far as I know Intrepid is aiming to give us character customization similar to the one in BDO. It doesn’t mean it will be exactly the same but it’ll give us a lot of freedom while creating our characters.
    </blockquote>
    Mwahaha, awesome! (I’m actually actively playing BDO.)

Think we’ll be able to edit things like bodies/height? I guess it’s pretty early on to know, I just like making my characters look unique and not easily mistakable for others’ characters. Even if we can just choose from a couple bodytypes + height slider, I could dig that.

Do you have any particular hopes for it? One thing I’ve seen that’s sorely lacking in most games are afro-textured hairstyles that aren’t just big afros. (I’d love to get hairstyles <a href="http://imgur.com/a/jHKwW" rel="nofollow">like these</a>!)

Scars/tattoos would also be pretty cool!

[/quote]

I want to see it have a similar customization to the girls hair customization in BDO. Its amazing af! I want to edit my buoys hair and make him look like my oc!
  • If they achieve something along the lines of what BDO accomplished then I'll be very happy!
  • BDO did a fantastic job beyond creation and with character animation. The body movements are very realistic and fluid. I was happy to hear Intrepid is hoping to be comparable to BDO in terms of creation. I hope the animation will be similar as well. That would be sweet.
  • That would be both good and bad. The actual reason that I didn't play BDO was BECAUSE OF the character creation. You might ask me what is wrong with it? - AGE! OLD man and YOUNG women...... hell because of this BDO is bad from the start, and I hope this is not the case here....
    Character creation/appearance is enough to turn me off from playing an MMO, even if it's the best there can be.
  • I sure would like to see some concept art on the male and female races; especially Orcs, because there are many different concepts on that particular race, and as far as I know, I haven't seen any female orcs in Ashes concept art. If you do have some out please point me in that direction. :)
  • I'm hoping we can create our characters early. A character creation app? I take wayy too much time creating a character lol