Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

can you tell us more about character creation?

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited August 2017 in Ashes of Creation Design
That is what i'm most worried about after knowing that we don't need to pay to be successful. don't get me wrong! i totally would've payed but i have no money. *mumbles* Wish i did.

Comments

• They have inferred that character customization will be extensive.  
    The only thing you will need to pay is a monthly subscription.  The success comes for what you decide to do in game.  
  • Look at BDO's character creation. Steven said it will be similar to that.
  • This is all I can find on character creation. It's from the dev Q&A:

How extensive/detailed will the character creation be?

• One thing I liked about BDO is their Character Creation.  If I had to give a comparison, I would use BDO as an example of what our Character Creation is going for

• Thank you all very much, these replies were extremely helpful. I just remembered i read about the Backer's getting more customization options and i was worried that they were going to only unlock most custom features after you bought something since it's merely cosmetic and we would have a creation like Tera (some people may like it but it isn't very detailed...)
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    It will be a more realistic art style rather than cartoony. The extra customizations would always be nice but don't worry, there will be plenty of options to choose from. 
  • I see a lot of information on what happens to a single character. But I see nothing about how many characters we can create. As in creating a Main character and then create a whole different character. to use as crafting character and such. Or is this make one character per account?
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Robo said:
    I see a lot of information on what happens to a single character. But I see nothing about how many characters we can create. As in creating a Main character and then create a whole different character. to use as crafting character and such. Or is this make one character per account?
    I don't either and i'm curious as well. though this thread was mostly meant to go into detail on the character creator, i wonder how many we can make? I'm sure they will announce it eventually though if they haven't yet.

Edit: I've just posted a question on it. I'll update this again if i get a reply.
  • Boob physics :^)
  • oh thats exciting! BDO's character creation is great.
  • Didn't they do a live twitch stream that went over some of the character customization stuff?
  • In one of the early Streams they said you will have many/several character slots; however, they did not state the number.