Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Suggestions

1. Server selection screen with ping
2. Make item to make your property safe during a siege, purchasable off cash shop? (the property, not the in town stuff)
3. Fishing, increases sea nodes to increase rate of fishing or types of fish?
4. Pets that assist in battle like the hunter from warcraft
5. Guild towns, sieges.

*add more*

Comments

• 1. A way to buy subscription time offline (time cards).
  • 1. Make safe areas in very far away (non beneficial) or even inconvenient places that are safe to store your goods from pvp or raiding or sieging, but are still in danger en route from and to. Think two 'bases' in eve star systems.
  • <blockquote>1. A way to buy subscription time offline (time cards).</blockquote>

The issue here is you're talking many thousands or millions of dollars just to make the cards and put them in stores around the country.
  • It could be a "down the road" idea for after the game takes off like gangbusters, which it should do if the rest is anything like the previews. It is just, I know there are many people I game with who like myself hate buying things online, or who like to buy the cards as gifts, etc.
  • I totally agree, maybe even expand upon the fishing like Archeage. Expand upon the trading other than caravan, would be nice to be able to run a business or something equivalent via personal/guild trade routes or marketplaces. Also is this a tab targeting game or action like bdo? I've just never experienced a game where both were good like Bless and black gold. I prefer the latter, but if the mechanics are in-depth enough I can deal with it.
  • Well if they integrate with steam they could do steam cards for subscriptions or something like that. But I dont know the ins and outs of steam stuff for a company.
  • When flagging on a lower level player as in a level 50 attacking a level 10 you suffer more karma or exp loss on a sliding scale as a disincentive of max level people ganking low level players, allowing players to seek out pvp at their own level.

Do not have multiple servers have everyone in the one world server. Make it one huge sandpit where we the player make the choices.

Make it so some nodes can’t be destroyed they can only change hands, these are capitals maybe points of constant interest.

When you are a craftier and you have a shop front, can you have a NPC man that store all the time or do you have to physically be there to sell items?

Are some nodes on the map that are better for some types of crafting as in you have access to cheaper materials or better equipment.

Upgrading roads, say your guild/company and or group has two nodes with a road between them can you upgrade the road to allow caravans and players using said road to move faster.
    Following on from this, can you as a guild/company and or group invest money into upgrading guards of city’s it’s defenses?
  • I know there was little mention of waterways so far, but if naval combat/fishing will be incorporated, perhaps sea/waterway caravans could be a thing. If nodes will occur at sea, maybe fishing villages could exist (I'm thinking WaterWorkd type setups).
  • Dear Members,

We would greatly appreciate if you could drop a comment or a suggestion onto what improvements or ideas you would like to see in the game. (E.g. Cross-cultural DNA in a Family System, EXP rates, etc.)

Thank you for your ideas and dedication.

In my personal opinion, it is my passion to invest my time into exploring games and slowly growing accustomed to game mechanics. It is no secret, that for me, Leveling is the most important part of any MMO that i have been a part of. I love(d) logging in with a level 1 character and earning to my way to into being the highest level. In the old days leveling to soft-cap levels, whether it was through quest chains (as it was in WoW) or hard-core grinding (as it was in Lineage2) would take an average player few month if not a year, let alone getting the TOP level would require some serious dedication. In those day it was entertaining to level, because we used to learn about game surrounding and down the line we could apply that knowledge as we see it fit.

<strong>Game Suggestion #1</strong>

I would like Ashes of Creation to exercise the idea of decreasing received EXP from Quests and Grinding so we, as players, could invest our time into growing with the game, learning about how and where should we level depending on the class, and how can we improve ourselves in the future.

<strong>Game Suggestion #2</strong>

I would like AoC team develop a Web-Database that would cover next topics:
    i) Monsters that would include (location, type, level, difficulty, resistances, weaknesses, drop, etc.)
    ii) Raid Bosses (location, time of spawn (if it’s in the world instance zone), difficulty, drop, etc.)
    iii) Quests (starting NPC area and the walk-through if required)
    iv) Class Description (Classes, Races, Class and Profession Development, Skills, etc.)
    v) Craft System

<strong>Game Suggestion #3</strong>

Arena Gear Score and Rating requirement.

This system would Only queue people with one another if they are within the same gear score range and arena rating range. What i mean by that, lets work from the assumption that we are in a 1vs1 arena queue as a level 20, who has never done Arena PVP before. The system would scan your gear and your arena rating and would place you with someone who is within 1-2 level range and who is relatively new to the Arena PVP system. For players who thrive in Arena Battles, system would analyze general population and would force them to fight players with the same Arena Experience and Gear Score.

Further, the system would analyze classes that are queued and depending on how compatible classes are they would be queued with one-another. This would allow supporting classes to either only queue against the supporting classes or someone they can feasibly compete against.
  • 1. I am a fan of class gear that can be upgraded. Maybe with quests or crafting.

2. I don't mind cash shops for games to sell cosmetic items, but I beg you don't make this game a pay to win.
  • Game suggestion for Arena

I would like something similar to Original Guild Wars style Hall of heroes where its a huge bracket and you climb the bracket levels to get to the top, then when you do get to the top you try and hold it as long as you can. When you win everyone would see a big announcement with your name or guild name and stuff like that. No rating system would be needed, it would be like a tournament style pvp where only the best make it to the top no farming noobs in lower level arena ratings and stuff like that. I feel it would mesh more with the games story and I have always felt that a rating system like that took away from immersion. Only the top tier brackets would get rewards, when you lose on the bracket you would have to start over at the bottom.
  • 4. Pets that assist in battle like the hunter from warcraft.

I love this
  • End game is crucial. Epic 20+ person raids etc.
  • ya i hear its not pay to win .. so that makes me happy
  • id like to see

a ranger class with stealth .. i love bows.

XP loss when you die .

when you die you have to find your body to get your gear back ... like old EQ

those things made it really matter if you die and made the game better IMO.

also a couple classes with summoning corpse ability .. just in case lol
  • [quote quote=708]id like to see

XP loss when you die .

when you die you have to find your body to get your gear back … like old EQ

[/quote]

Ah yes, the days of

/drag, " damn not close enough" <em>inches closer </em> /drag, repeat
  • [quote quote=708]id like to see

XP loss when you die .

when you die you have to find your body to get your gear back … like old EQ

[/quote]

I loved my EQ days, was the most fun to me... I agree Killman.

I Loved the Ranger in EQ, I would love to see the Ranger be able to

1. Snare / Run Fast Movement spells
    2. Cast DoT's
    3. Sneak
    4. Have spells to increase Critical Hit with a Bow
    5. Be able to duel wield for close combat.

^
    One thing I really liked about SWTOR was finding the Easter egg Datacrons that gave a permanent bump to stats, something like that would really be cool as well.
  • 1. low carry limit - creates need for comunity interaction opens opportunities for things like backpacks pack animals wagons ect, plus players will actually have to use the caravan to sell goods rather than carrying them themselves

2. pvp - open pvp either full loot or partial loot (as in everything not equipped can be taken ) - creates a good reason for community interactions such as a witch hunt for murderers , possibly bounty system

3. norse style - long beards armor buildings ect

4. id really like some form of guns im always a fan of engineer classes

5. dismemberment guild flags ect - nothing was more unstatic in UO than portals opening guilds coming through screaming thier name throwing dismembered corpses of defeated enemy guild members and planting thier symbol all over towns

6. taverns - bar fights card and board games, and other past times help bring the community together wile deciding what to do next

7. abilities acquired through quests / rituals - i miss that section of wow going on a long perilous journey to gather ingredients to summon defeat and bind demons

8. boats war vehicles , maybe a blimp style airship

9. combat pets

10. a decending leveling system as in you dont get exponentially powerful your gains increase faster at first and by the end your fine tuning it - this is good because it creates wider levelbrackets rather than seeing a guy a level or two above and not even trying because you cant win

11. skill style levels rather than wow style levels (if its the later then owell, i can deal with it)

12. non linear perk system

13. a shape shifter class

14. age of conan style necromancer class, as in casts spells can summon multiple "pets"

just my suggestions, but engineering class is my most wanted :D

- forgot to add emporers kings / warlord titles / crowns or w.e give them a power boost as they have to take on the role of defending thier realm and nothing would be more unsatisfactory when sieging if you walk in and roll the king. maybe a siege condition as in if the king warlord w.e and the officers of the guild fall then victory for the sieging faction and the same on the attacking side, this gives them the role of leadership from behind and knowing when to take matters into thier hands personally.
  • Variation between races. I have always been disapointed when in an MMO most races are pratically the same. Often the only difference are just the starting zones but overall they look, and even sometimes feel the same. Diversity in hoe they look and feel would be nice for a change. Something that can tickle people's imagination but also make us spend some time during character creation at actually reading up at the different races rather than just the character design. I have put a suggestion in the "Design-Discussion / Race ideas" section.
  • [quote quote=321]<blockquote>1. A way to buy subscription time offline (time cards).
    </blockquote>
    The issue here is you’re talking many thousands or millions of dollars just to make the cards and put them in stores around the country.

[/quote]

Amazon code purchases? For me, the less places know my credit card information the better. I have no reason to distrust these Devs or their company, it is just a rule of thumb for me.
  • 1. An epic adventure before end game. Just don't focus on end game, you have to make a good first impression of the game.
    2. Good PvP. Maybe arenas (please make a system in which you have to get certain rating to get gear or mounts), bg's, world pvp, guild battles etc.
    3. Good dungeons troughout the whole game (mechanical low and max lvl dungeons)
    4. If you want to include flying mounts go ahead, but flying mounts ruined the desire to explore the world since is easier to do it flying. (I played some mmo's before and that is what happens).
    5. I really like that you have to get some items in order to unlock dungeons or even raids.
    6. Ability to swim underwater (played mmo's before that you couldn't do that).
    7. I don't know if the game will be tab-targetting combat system but action combat system is better in my opinion.
    8. And nowadays getting max lvl is not that hard. You don't feel like you achieved something hard. Also, like in the point 2, you have to feel rewarded if you get to a good rating or something, unique gear, unique mounts, unique titles, unique buildings, etc). This same thing with pve, not to get just a "good gear". That would be cool.
  • 1. Give action to npc interaction. Many mmo's made it looks like talking to a wall. Every body enjoys npc's with diferent reactions and aligned to the situation.
    2. Need a macro system, so players could make codes for many actions (a lot of players enjoy programming).
    3. Make a system where guilds can fight for influence on nodes and for resources like mines.
    4. Support brazilian players who want play without lag and spent money on the game. (Like pay by "boleto bancário").
    5. Every body likes ranked games. So make competitive arenas on gladiator style and some kind of rank on sieges. (Beautyful gears, furnitures, mounts or epic itens as you rank up).
  • 1. I think put more difficult or tatics on soloing one mob for better rewards is cooler than make me grind 50 easy mobs (I just sleep doing it).
    2. I like fight looking for strategy (weak points, openings, etc) like in "Monster Hunter", where we can cut off a horn so the boss can't use it anymore.
    3. Must have logic on loot. A beast shouldn't drop a humanoid armor (can drop itens for epic craft, thought) and I don't need grind 100 wolves to drop 1 tooth (there aren't toothless wolves).
  • Are Intrepid Studios really reading these topics? You need to interact with the community some times to keep it alive.
  • [quote quote=3647]Are Intrepid Studios really reading these topics? You need to interact with the community some times to keep it alive.

[/quote]
    I'm 99.99999999% Sure they are reading them, they just don't respond that often. @Steven is very active on the <a href="http://Discord.gg/AshesofCreation">discord.</a>
  • [quote quote=3657]<blockquote><div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/suggestions/page/2/#post-3647" rel="nofollow">MrCicer wrote:</a></div>
    Are Intrepid Studios really reading these topics? You need to interact with the community some times to keep it alive.

</blockquote>
    I’m 99.99999999% Sure they are reading them, they just don’t respond that often. @Steven is very active on the <a href="http://Discord.gg/AshesofCreation" rel="nofollow">discord.</a>

[/quote]

im pretty sure they read most of the post's, and they listen to the community's suggestions, but yeah it would be nice to see some more intrepid activity on the forums :)
  • I know that Intrepid are often full of work to answer every post.
    So I suggest to implement a simple mark to posts read by dev group and considered in some way to implementation.
    Marked post not necessary will have some type of answer on the forum but shows that it still alive and we're helping in some way.