Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

New Ideas

I didn't start playing the game yet. These are just thing i think it will be cool and want to see.  
1) Weather effects.(such as snow, rain) I think it will be cool but hard to do because if they added to game they have to add things like "Harvests are ruined by the hose" or "Water dam is full. Empty the dam or you will face with flood" and it's a huuuge work but worth i think?
2) Is there a harvest system in Ashes of Creation? If not i think it would be so good.

Comments

• There will be a harvest system in the game. What we know right now is that certain plants will grow only in certain seasons, and the Underrealm plants will be different from the main land ((You can't grow wheat under ground)). How extensive it will be, we don't know yet. 

As for weather effects, we will have those, though just like with harvesting we don't know how detailed it is. In winter, rivers will freeze over and players can walk across it and won't be able to fish or gain a quest item that is at the bottom of the water. I really like the idea of a dam breaking, or other weather effects. Excellent for quests.
  • Well, we will have to see if there will be any spots where we can break through the ice covering rivers, etc.   ;)
  • While, weather effects are great, they really "tank FPS", BDO was down to 20fps in Heidel during the Winter weather.
  • While, weather effects are great, they really "tank FPS", BDO was down to 20fps in Heidel during the Winter weather.
    They've already shown pre-alpha footage of pretty heavy snow and fog and the FPS looks great. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VglODSC36CI

Unreal Engine 4 has highly optimized particle and lighting systems. You won't see the same kind of performance issues as BDO.
  • ^^ Hmm baring in mind that was a heavily scripted, made to to look the best scene, and not real game play, now add in 50-100 players 30 or so NPCS, and see how it runs.
  • The devs also mentioned that terrain may influence your freehold for example locating your freehold next to a river might be more beneficial for those partaking in agriculture and farming on their freeholds ^^
    All the artisian class are going to be very in depth and link back in with exploration and the environment ^^ I can't wait to learn more about it.
  • Yep. I just hope there next stream has more new information than the last one :pensive:
  • lexmax said:
    " While, weather effects are great, they really "tank FPS", BDO was down to 20fps in Heidel during the Winter weather. "
    " They've already shown pre-alpha footage of pretty heavy snow and fog and the FPS looks great. "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VglODSC36CI

" Unreal Engine 4 has highly optimized particle and lighting systems. You won't see the same kind of performance issues as BDO. "
    I want to see a Blizzard : 3
    I also hope to see a Fog in the Wilderness too. 
  • Dygz said:
    Well, we will have to see if there will be any spots where we can break through the ice covering rivers, etc.   ;)
    I hate the cold!  But if they add ice fishing you betcha I will be there!