Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

{SUGGESTION} Food More then stat buff

Don't you hate that by the level 40 in most games you don't need food. So after some time you just get more and more of something that you don't need. what I think is that there should be 3 bars life magic and huger bar so that you have to feed your self after doing thing that would make you want to eat the more you do the faster it will go down and more then that if you don't keep it up you start to get life point taken away or even a debuff. I think it would help people use sell and trade of food and it would get people thinking about more then just killing mobs and getting gold. That way people will stop making fun of cook in games.

Comments

• <em>#MakeCookingGreatAgain</em>

I wonder if there will be any survival elements to AoC such as needing food or warm clothing when visiting cold areas etc.
  • [quote quote=5628]

I wonder if there will be any survival elements to AoC such as needing food or warm clothing when visiting cold areas etc.

[/quote]

That could very well be a possibility, but could also be very annoying, maybe a stat bar for exhaustion, hyperthermia, hypothermia, etc?

Or maybe limit element clothing to its own tab where you can collect it and it appears as a cosmetic item over your gear, adding buff to that type of weather.
  • I had a suggestion in another thread a fair bit earlier about cooking kinda giving the cooks abilities to customize thier own food to make it unique.

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/cooking-as-a-profession/

Could be fun and make it a bit more dynamic of a profession.
  • [quote quote=5647]<blockquote>
    <div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/food-more-then-stat-buff/#post-5628" rel="nofollow">Silv wrote:</a></div>

</blockquote>
    That could very well be a possibility, but could also be very annoying, maybe a stat bar for exhaustion, hyperthermia, hypothermia, etc?

Or maybe limit element clothing to its own tab where you can collect it and it appears as a cosmetic item over your gear, adding buff to that type of weather.

[/quote]

I've always had mixed feelings towards having survivalist elements in a game that's not generally designed around the survival concept. While I think if done right, it would be a nice addition to any MMORPG. Players would have to think about how they proceed with exploration and progression, rather than just running off into the sunset without a care in the world and provide an added depth to immersion.

On the flip side, if done poorly it becomes a nightmare full of micromanaging your survival stats and that just becomes tedious.
  • Sounds fun.
    So long as there is balance to the "effective time" of the food/drinks.

Not keen on having to spend 30 minutes needing to restock in order to play for 1 hour (extreme example perhaps)...Its not a survival game :)

Like the concept so long as its balanced and workable.
  • I like the idea of food, but it needs to be done right. Don't over-saturate the craft with 100s of variations of the same recipe , don't come up with weird effects that make no sense just to pad the number of recipes - food and drink is a basic need that isn't all that complicated. Also don't make the effect be too short, we don't eat 20 times a day in RL and we shouldn't need to in a game - eating is not the game it is a bit of help on the way.

Make food effects matter, like maybe it can affect regeneration times and energy use, maybe sprint time. Don't be afraid to be creative - maybe being full is good for Stamina regeneration, but bad for the amount of time you can last under water.

Also make the effect last hours and people will want to use food.
    If by eating (and drinking) you can keep your stamina / mana / health regenerating 2-10% faster and it lasts for 3 hrs, why wouldn't you want a snack?

mmm pizza...
  • big smile that would be so cool
  • As a personal preference I don't like "survival" game aspects in my MMO's. It makes the game <em>feel</em> more like a grind even if mechanically it isn't really any different than eating food to gain buffs.